Just got back and it's totally worth seeing! Not quite as good as Pitch Black, but still a good movie. It was also not a rehash of Pitch Black, which I apprecated. There were some elements that were familar, but it's Riddick and "friends" trapped on a hostile alien world, so yeah, there are some familar things. XD Still, it's a good movie on it's own. I liked the structure of the story and they did a great job with atmosphere. Totally worth seeing in the theater.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Did they, in any way, link it to Chronicles seeing as how this is supposed to be after it? Just wondering because that was the one thing I was worried about, didn't want to see it if it had no tie-ins with the movies (considering it's weird he's not, you know, leading the Necromongers).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

How good is Starbuck in it? I heard everyone looks at her

sexually in the movie and want to rape her or something?

My brother watched it and told me it was a piece of shit, to skip it. Now I'm curious. 

The problem is that I saw the trailer. How much does the trailer give the film away? 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

You get a very basic summary of the ending of Chronicals, so you know it happens shortly afterwards.

mmmmm... I don't want spoilers but at the same time I do.. at least about this part. I'm guessing since its a basic summary of the ending of Chronicles, it doesn't affect the overall plot of the movie? Do you think they did a good transition from the previous movie into this one? The way chronicles ended was epic and I'm worried that this movie just kills off all that potential just to make another horror / alien movie like Pitch Black. :crap:

I'm really interested in seeing this in the theater but was it as good as Chronicles?

Did Katee Sackhoff play a major character through the entire movie?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've never seen Chronicles, but I had no problems. All it does is give a reason why Riddick is on that planet. And Karl Urbarn. XD

And this was definatly a horror movie. Not Pitch Black, but same type of tension in a lot of ways. Trapped on alien planet, people wanting to kill Riddick, creepy aliens. I can't say any more without giving away a lot of spoilers, but yeah, it definatly falls into the horror genre.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I've never seen Chronicles, but I had no problems. All it does is give a reason why Riddick is on that planet. And Karl Urbarn. XD

And this was definatly a horror movie. Not Pitch Black, but same type of tension in a lot of ways. Trapped on alien planet, people wanting to kill Riddick, creepy aliens. I can't say any more without giving away a lot of spoilers, but yeah, it definatly falls into the horror genre.

So Karl Urban is reprising his role as Vaako.. but I don't see him in the trailers.. I'm guessing something interesting happens.. Gah.. I need to watch this just to see the transition. O_O

Nooo! :( I guess it really is a standalone movie.. but thats alright. As long as they explain what happens.. I know they had a much smaller budget than Chronicles so they probably needed to scale back on the massive special effects of the last movie. Vin Diesel is one of the producers and I read that he even put his house up as collateral to finish getting the movie made. Thats some dedication. I'll have to watch it. :D

*resurrects dead topic*

So I bought and finally got to see Riddick last night and let me tell you it was a damn good movie. I honestly like it a lot more then Chronicles. It does bring back the whole Pitch Black feel but does so in a much different way (plus those freaking creatures were pretty cool). I will say this I had my doubts about how they would wrap up the Necromongers part from Chronicles but they did a very good job integrating why he was on that planet and what happened to get him there. All in all I'm satisfied with the movie plus they kind of leave it open for a fourth (whether or not he can ever get that funded if it interests him to do so though is another question).

And yes Vin did put his house up to get this movie funded, they mention it in the special features when they talk about the movie.

I couldn't believe he put his house up for a piece of shit story and movie such as Riddick. I too checked it out only cos he put so much on the line, I expected it to be good. Instead, the only good thing to come out of it is casting Starbuck (though she sucked in her role too) and that shower or whatever naked scene. Action, story, dialog = so bad. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

He did it for those of us who are fans of the Riddick franchise. He believed he owed it to us for the considerable support we all gave him when he originally couldn't get the movie funded (and after procuring the rights from Universal), fans were more then willing to give him money if it could get this funded. I was happy with what I was given and I know plenty of fans who were happy with what they got. This wasn't made for the masses, it was made for the fans (thats something people seem to not be understanding).

I bought it on release day. I was going to buy the bluray / dvd combo pack, but I saw they had all the riddick movies including the new one all bundled together in a blu ray only pack for only $10 more. I bought it in a heartbeat. ;)

I started watching it tonight, about half way through it and then Lady got on the phone... I'll have to finish watching it tomorrow soon if I don't resume it in the next couple mins here. Its good so far, a bit slow at the beginning here but I like how it ties into the end of Chronicles. This was definitely made for the fans.. as a standalone movie it doesn't show enough back story. I'm kind of glad for that. You either know the character and whats happened or you don't. Depending on the blu ray / dvd sales, we might get another movie. :D