Myk JL

Sony PS4 Virtual Reality Rumor

Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS

I hope this rumor turns out to be true since I already preordered a PS4. That & I won't have to worry about not getting The Elder Scrolls Online with Oculus Rift Support if the PS4 version also has Virtual Reality Support.

This post has been promoted to an article

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I wonder if they will have Oculus Rift compatibility for the PS4, It would be a smart move if they could make their brand as a cheaper alternative to OR, while allowing it to work with the PS4. This way MS can't sign a contract with them to exclusively work for X1.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Very interesting. Oculus Rift has been looking very promising lately.. A PS4 version could be awesome. Instead of MS's idea of IllumiRoom to simulate peripheral vision for FPS games, you could literally have peripheral vision in a game. Now the only problem is the eye strain involved with OR and I'm guessing Sony's VR.. headaches:

http://kotaku.com/i-played-the-oculus-rift-for-five-hours-straight-987568701

Half-Life 2 sounded amazing from what he wrote, but you'll most likely have a headache after the first hour that won't go away.

oh.. and we have this:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/6/4595062/new-oculus-rift-cover-shooter-fps-ulta-realistic

The game is so realistic that players are warned not to lean on virutal objects. lmao! XD I can imagine myself leaning forward and spilling my glass of water all over my laptop. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/04/illumiroom-not-expected-to-hit-retail-would-cost-thousands/

Looks like illumiroom will never see the retail shelves until next gen after X1 if they can get the costs down. No one is going to drop that kinda dough, and devs aren't going to go out of their way to develop for a peripheral that the common gamer cannot afford. 

Yeah, but imagine in a generation or two it might become so much more and better, almost Holodeck like. I see this eventually becoming just straight projection with no TV involved. I also see competition arising from the concept. Sony will definitely be in the fray. In fact within the next 4 generations of console gaming, I predict Nintendo becoming strictly handheld, keeping its titles 1st part on that platform while licensing it out 3rd party for consoles, and perhaps even taking the lead on this holo tech as a 3rd party peripheral, while Google enters the console gaming market with Driodsole! XD

lmao. It wouldn't surprise me. But Google will have competition from Amazon too.. It looks like both companies might be joining the console market:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/08/12/amazon-video-game-console/2642307/

With Amazon's cloud servers being so damn powerful they could be real competition for Sony's Gaikai streaming tech.

I'd imagine Amazon's console would be totally digital and all purchases would be download only. I don't see them spending money on hard copies so they will have to wait for the right gen to put that into place or at least close to it. They could be the company that makes it the standard. I could see Amazon and Google teaming up for a console on this one. Google would fund the hardware, while Amazon would manage the store and acquiring the intellectual property licensing. They would split the profits evenly while each would do what they do best in contracting. I wouldn't be surprised if Google had Samsung build the hardware for them. Samsung is behind the tech of Illumiroom after all.

Half Life The Third Confirmed!.... PS4 VR Confirmed!

GDC: Sony Reveals Project Morpheus PlayStation 4 VR Headset

Now Bethesda needs to work on Elder Scrolls VI! Which I'll assume will be a return to ObliVIon.

This post has been promoted to an article

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

This headset should be interesting. If Sony allows third parties to make this accessory, then Oculous Rift could be a potential alternative to the official Sony brand. Along with Valve supposedly making their own VR hardware for their Steam Machines, Xbox One seems like the odd man out.

I skimmed through articles today that had Xbox One rumored to get its own VR. 

Now if you really want to talk about The Odd Man Out that would be the Wii U as VR would probably be hard to use with a mandatory touch screen.

I think this accessory is far better than Kinect or Move. Its geared toward gaming and not a gimmick. The only question is how much will it cost? Will there be tiered models? The allowance of 3rd party would be big, because Turtle Beach would make one with their headset quality included.