http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-age-ultron-james-spader-617510

James Spader has been cast as Ultron in Joss Whedon's sequel set for release on May 1, 2015, Marvel announced Thursday.

The actor currently stars in NBC's spy drama The Blacklist and appeared on the big screen in Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.

STORY: Edgar Wright Promises No Ultron in 'Ant-Man'

At a Comic-Con panel in July, Whedon teased the sequel's storyline. "We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron," he said. The director also added that Ultron was "the chief villain when I read the book. He's been the Avengers villain for so long, I was amazed anyone was surprised it would be him in the movie."

In addition to Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America, superheroes Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be joining the Avengers team for the sequel.

This amazes me.. Avengers 2 will have Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch.. the children of Magneto.. but the movie will never have Magneto because he is part of the X-Men movie license that Marvel doesn't have direct control over. -_-;

If Ultron is presented like he was in the Avengers animated series or any animated Marvel movie he was a part of.. then this sequel could be pretty epic.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

*salivates*

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I saw this yesterday & thought it was better than the first Avengers. Yon don't have to stay till the end of the credits as the one last scene happens during the credits.

Yeah.... I have no witty comments list this time. Rather....

I was amazed how Ultron came off as less of an evil robot & more as someone trying to justify their evils as good. Sometimes referring to the Bible & other times referring to past extinctions. All the while fearing death & to some extent loneliness.

Vision being in the story didn't feel forced in like it would have if he was suppose to be the original robot, Human Torch. Rather Vision is at first suppose to be Ultron's new body that Ultron visions himself as. Then later again as Tony Stark's vision of a world without fighting that Ultron was suppose to be.

Maybe the robotic Human Torch will be reactivated during Civil War.

Disappointing that Ultron never tried to lift Thor's hammer. It would have further justified Vision being able to do so. And probably would have ruined the joke about putting Thor's hammer into an elevator.

Klaw had a cameo purely for the movie to explain how he lost his arm. No Black Panther cameo. He's probably being introduced in his own movie.

I can't believe how much Hawkeye is fleshed out. I had always pictured him as some guy living in an apartment who pissed off anyone he went up against in CoD or something. With his career highlight being he kind of shot Loki.

I'm kind of disappointed that the events of this movie didn't have Hulk shot out into space leading to a Planet Hulk movie.

Quicksilver dying didn't bother me. Its kind of hard for me I suppose as plenty have been undone. Or the actors aren't interested in continuing those roles.

Black Widow being in a relationship with another Avenger still seems forced to me. Though I feel kind of hypocritical about that as I wanted to see Scarlet Witch & Vision fall in love.

War Machine got to come back for the final battle but Falcon didn't. Falcon didn't even get to lift Thor's hammer. So I have some disappointment there. Also some confusion on what happened to The Iron Patriot Armor. Even if it was destroyed during Iron Man 3 I had imagined that the US would still have another one around for James Rhodes or once again paint War Machine.

Thanos introduction as an unknown greater evil felt forced in & took away some of Ultron's being a major villain in the movie for me.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.