Sledgstone

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (spoilers)

I failed the Sunry trial. I knew he was a murderer, but didn't tell him.. and because I ran out of computer spikes I didn't get the information from the Sith computer regarding their actions in the incident. I could have gone back but I didn't feel like I needed to. However, I did get arrested for mass murdering all the sith in their enclave. XD I got off free in the trial because I had a datapad showing how they were recruiting young selkath into the dark side. Anyway, after that I did the Sunry trial and must have chosen the wrong things because they found him guilty and sentenced him to 20 years in jail. I saved it before doing it, and showed the judges the recording of his murder. It skipped the trial altogether and they sentenced him to death. :crap: So I reloaded it and let him have the 20 years in jail outcome instead. Oh.. then I found out the republic had a mining operation on the ocean floor. After going down there I decided to explode the mining machine instead of potentially poisoning the planet. I guess that was a good choice considering I went to trial again and that giant beast was like an ancient ancestor / god to them.

Whats really funny is that after that all went down, I looked on youtube and I found a video of someone who poisoned the planet, went to trial, threatened to kill everyone, the judges threatened to kill him and he ended up not getting banned from the planet even though he went full dark side. Holy crap this game has so many outcomes. That was when I saw that you could have been banned from the planet. :P

Then I went to Dantooine to see if I'd get a new side mission for anyone and boom.. I got caught by the sith in that giant ship. After killing most of everyone on there, I discovered that I am Revan. wtf. and Bastila sacrificed herself to keep Malak at bay while we escaped. wtf. I lost Bastila! :(

Now I'm on Korriban.. damn, I miss Bastila. :(

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Good. They hinted as much, her battle meditation is too powerful to just kill her off. They'll try to convert her.

I was thinking my guy might have been Revan after talking to the computer at the Kashyyyk star map. It only turned on for me because I fit the parameters. After I failed the questions it asked, I destroyed some attack droids and it basically acknowledged me as the authorized user.. the last authorized user was Revan. So it was pretty suspicious. I almost yelled at Bastila for lying this entire time.. but considering me and her had a thing resulting in her kissing my guy.. I was all nice. :P

btw, after I talked to HK-47, I discovered Revan was the source of the constant meatbag phrase... it was all to annoy Malak. lmfao! XD

Carth was so damn annoying. But all his constant nagging and trust issues all turned out to be true. He knew something was not right about my character.. Even without the force, he was smart enough to realize and keep pushing the issue.. but in the end that was basically all he was.. one giant accusation. I dreaded talking to him half the time because he'd always start an argument. -_-; I'm on Korriban now and I'm half tempted to not have him in my party to meet his son.. but then again, his son is apparently working for the sith now. I think I'll bring him to the academy just so I can see his son break his heart by revealing hes a sith or something. Its probably bad of me, but I kind of want to see Carth suffer a little more. XD

Check out this screenshot... Once they started attacking me on the bridge, I ran straight up to the admiral and force waved everyone. XD

post-1-0-55908300-1384828720_thumb.jpg

Carth bitched about everything though.  Yeah, he had his reasons, but there were lots of moments of whiney bitching that were annoying.  And I did the romance option with him!  XD

Carth annoyed me so much I kept calling Kaiden from Mass Effect, Carth because its the same voice actor. I was waiting for two little bangs to start wiggling from his brow XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Carth bitched about everything though.  Yeah, he had his reasons, but there were lots of moments of whiney bitching that were annoying.  And I did the romance option with him!  XD

So if you played as a woman, you could romance Carth!? lmao. He would make a horrible boyfriend. XD

I missed the one assassin mission on Dantooine because it was destroyed.. But I did get the other two major assassinations done. That Hulas guy used me! He had me kill the other genoharadan overseers. Seeing as I got dark side points for killing these people, I went for one more.. I confronted him on Tatooine and killed him off. I also ran into this guy named Xor who apparently was the guy that killed Juhani's father.. We ended up killing him and I talked her out of finishing him off personally. I should have let her kill him tho, he'd have deserved it. He sounded like he should have been human.. he talked like he was a human on Taris because he referenced 'all the non humans' or something like that.. so I looked him up on a wiki and he was a human in the original xbox version.. its odd they didn't change some of that dialogue when they changed his species.

I've finished up almost all the sub quests that I wanted done and I'm finally back on Korriban to find the last star map and to see what happened to Carth's son.

After taking a break from this game for over a month, I dedicated most of a day to playing this to see it through to the end. And I beat it! I'll start with Korriban.

Korriban seemed a bit smaller than the other worlds and a bit more straight forward. I finished up Juhani's side quests by killing the guy that killed her parents and tried to enslave her.. well, he died from his wounds so I still retained light side points. I also found the guy that was in love with Juhani but hates her now.. he gave us some info and left. I had to get into the sith academy to get to the last star map, so I tried to get right in there by talking to Yuthura Ban, but she thought there was something wrong with me, so I went out and killed a few rowdy sith apprentices and took their medallions. Went back to Yuthura and got in the academy. She wanted me to help her kill her master Uthar.. I said sure. Then I told Uthar about her plan. XD Then he wanted me to poison her, so I then told her that I told him. lmao. She was cool with it. I ended up getting a pass card from her to get into Uthar's bedroom and I set some poison in his bed, found a datacard that said he purposefully ordered the death of the woman Carth's son was with.. which I then showed to Carth's son Dustil.. he stopped being a pain in the ass like Carth and apparently became good. I did all the other tomb explorations.. got a holocube, killed that Lashlowe woman, killed the hermit guy (old sith master) by teaming up with Mekel and then I turned Mekel to the light side. I also destroyed an assassin droid.. and I got a fancy sword from an ancient sith ghost. After I got the blade, some jackass tried to force me to give it to him so he'd get prestige instead.. he stupidly acknowledged that he has no idea what it looked like so I said sure.. and handed him the wrong sword. Uthar killed him when he claimed it was the sith blade. XD

Ok.. so.. all the prestige is done. I get approved to the final test. I ice grenaded an acid pool and got to a light saber and star map.. Then I turned back and there was Yuthura and Uthar. He told me to kill her, then she said I was there to kill him, to which he said nope.. hes really killing you.. lol. I killed him. Then she attacked me and after I nearly killed her I convinced her to go to the light side.. then everyone in the academy starts attacking me. lmao. I slaughtered everyone! XD

After I beat the game I looked at some other alternative actions and I found out if I forgot to show that datapad to Dustil, he would have been hostile to us also and Carth would have killed him. lmao. I wish I would have done that just to hear the disappointment in his voice. lol.

Anyway. On to the star forge! I got to it.. and the Ebon Hawk is busted by a disruptor field.. and I'm on a planet. Long story short.. I teamed up with the Rakatan elders and killed those rakatan cannibals. I got inside the ancient temple, killed a bunch of people.. and at the top is.. Basilta!? She turned dark side. ;_; I tried to get her to come back to the light side and she left. Now I finally got to the star forge and there is an endless horde of enemies.. wtf. They seem to never end. I stopped searching the star forge because of the endless flow of sith. I ended up finding a computer room that could make armor for me. I had a crap load of computer spikes so I made 2 star forge jedi robes. The best robes in the game and they look like crap. Its like I'm wearing large drapes with an odd armor chest piece. It was so much fabric that if someone threw a water balloon at me, my dexterity would have probably dropped to -8.

I made it to Bastila. She tried to kill me. After some dialogue I told her to come back to the light.. and then I told her I loved her. She threw that back in my face by saying her love for me is what drew her into the dark side to begin with.. she attacked me again and I was forced to kill her. ;_; That sucked, so I reloaded the game to right before my encounter with her.. I choose the dialogue differently and she ended up saying she wasn't wholly changed and said that she loved me.. So I told her I love her and she used her battle meditation to help the republic. Yay.

And now.. onto Malak. I found him outside a door. He told me that I'd face the true power of the star forge.. he activated this room full of machines that looked like it would keep making endless assassin droids that I'd have to fight.. but I looked at the door I was standing right next to and it had a "bash" option.. Screw the robots. I bashed that door and left. XD I have a feeling that door was supposed to be locked better because Malak was surprised to see that I had bested the robots. lol. No buddy.. you simply forgot to lock the door.

This is where I got a bit screwed. My attack is very high, but I have no defense against force powers because I never saw the need for it. Turns out I should have taken a couple level ups to get some force resistance just for this fight. I took him out a couple times, but then he started force sucking powers out of some comatose jedi. I didn't see how I'd win this now because every time I engaged him, he force blasted me, paralyzed me and then took 3/4 of my life before I could get a hit in. So I used my jedi speed and ran away from him while I used life support kits to get health back and save my force powers for more speed boosts. Good thing Malak is slow and has no ranged attacks. I kept attacking him and running away. lol. While running around again I noticed I could target those comatose jedi.. So I force stormed their corpses so Malak couldn't use them as a recharge.. then I got some good distance from him and did my lunging attacks. 2 hits and he is done. I win. Malak is defeated and the Star Forge is destroyed! :D

post-1-0-66397900-1391132093_thumb.jpg

This was probably the best RPG I've ever played. I wish I had played this when I was a teenager when I was more of an RPG maniac. I'd have probably played through it to see every scenario.

lmao! I was going to kill her if she didn't turn to the light. As if I'd let all those sith live. lol. After I saw there was a sith academy on this planet, I knew I was going to be murdering every one of them. XD

Its like those wookie slavers. They got what was coming to them too. :P

I thought about going full dark a couple times to mix things up a bit, but I wanted to see the full light side story, mostly because KOTOR 2 takes place after the ending I received? I'll probably watch a some youtube videos of dark side choices instead of playing it through again. Maybe after I play KOTOR 2, I'll go back and reload some specific save slots and go dark side from there. XD

The original builds of KOTOR 1 and 2 were sorta like that. Choices you made in 1 slighting affected a few convos and cut scenes near the beginning off the game.... but not to the affect of how they put together Mass Effect 1-3 where even the most minor things in 1 affected certain events in 3. On Steam it doesn't do that, so a convo you have with one of the first people you meet sets what choices you made at the end of the last game as if you never played it.The lightside ending is canon.... until Disney decides if it even exists. I still think its the best Star Wars story out of anything in the EU.

If you do Korriban before Datooine gets attacked, you can find Yuthura there after you have turned her. I saw it on youtube... of course I didn't know you could turn her because I was always too proud to choose either one XD

Eventually...

Thats an epic opening. I really liked KOTOR, I'll have to play that sequel at some point. I might start it just to see the beginning and get my character started. I also downloaded The Old Republic. I'll try it tomorrow to see how well it runs on my laptop.

SWTOR doesn't require the sequel at all. but Its worth plaything KOTOR2... but I highly suggest looking up the HK-47 build guide so you can reassemble him asap... if you miss on part near the start of the game, you wont have him at all.

There's actually two easy ways to beat Malak.  One is the mine the entire entry hallway, and when the fight starts, lure him down it.  He'll get down to the level where he starts draining the Jedi without you having to hit him.   Then, ignore him and run around the room using the droid disruption power (whatever it's called) and take all the capsules out.  Then, he can't regenerate.

And if you have the PC version, there's a console command you can enter that will turn him into a dancing Twi'lek when the fight starts.  You dance with him a minute, and the game ends with you winning.  XD

KotOR2 is a great game, except for the ending.  You will probally be disapointed.  But up until then, it was really good!  Also, now that SWTOR is free to play, we should totally start an AC guild on a server!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

A guild would be cool, but I'd be that guy that logs in once a week for 1 hour and accomplishes nothing. XD I started playing this game back in August of last year and I just recently beat it.. It took me 5 months to beat KOTOR. ^_^;

I never had the disable/destroy droid power. I upgraded Jolee and Juhani with that and I focused on force lightning and force wave. I'm glad the lightning worked on those jedi bodies or I'd have been screwed. I never worried about the force defense for my main character. My attack was so insane I'd be able to kill almost everything within a couple hits. Especially once I switched over to jedi robes and started using the force Master Speed.. it gave me an extra 2 attacks per round. I destroyed everything so quickly that it was laughable. Even in the end I only had to hit Malak maybe 3 times to deplete his energy every time. But his force power kept putting me in stasis.

it'd have to be a social guild for us....someplace to chat and play with Force powers...XD

And Force Lightening is my all-time favorite tree.  In the second one, even though I played Light side, I got up to the chain lightening power....it was so much fun!  i could run into a room and fire that off and one-shot the mooks...they all made satisifying thuds as they hit the ground....XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

A guild would be cool, but I'd be that guy that logs in once a week for 1 hour and accomplishes nothing. XD I started playing this game back in August of last year and I just recently beat it.. It took me 5 months to beat KOTOR. ^_^;

I wouldn't worry about that Sledge, I'm the guy who pays to play the damn game and maybe gets on once a month (or whenever I actually remember I still play it). It's kinda sad really, should get around to cancelling my subscription

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589