Sledgstone

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (spoilers)

I basically finished up Dantooine. I got the star map there, got a krayt dragon pearl after seeing the dragon get killed by mines which was pretty anticlimatic. The sand people want the dragon crystal so they can give me info about their past or something but I'm using it in a light saber. I saved those Jawas too.. but I kept getting my ass handed to me by the large groups of sand people. I had to keep using energy shields, stimulants, etc and it was pain in the ass at the sand crawler and again at the entrance to the sand people territory. I figured I was doing something wrong so I went through all my inventory and weapon combos, upgraded some lightsabers with different crystals and I think I'm all set now. HK-47 is equipped with a couple mandalorian pistols now and his attack is significantly higher than the initial blaster rifle he comes with. And I had Zaalabar's crossbow on Zaalabar and I hardly used him because he seemed to hardly do any damage. I figured it was his weapon and it would be best on him but I guess I was wrong. Because when I equiped a double bladed vibroblade on him, his strength must be massive because his attack damage should be brutal now compared to that cross bow. O_O

HK-47 got his ass kicked on me because of the crappy pistol and I used quite a few repair kits.. So I'm looking for places to buy those and I can't find those damn repair kits anywhere on dantooine or tatooine, but I noticed that I got another cut scene on dantooine like I did about Bastila's mom. Turns out Carth's kid is alive.. and then I figured I'd through everyone on the team and test dantooine for all of them. And yep, turns out Mission's brother is on Tatooine.. in the sand people's enclave I was just at. Oh well, I suppose I'll head there and get that done.. then hit up Kasyhakk next to see how good Zaalabar's wookie strength is and maybe get a better weapon for him. This game is so long. lol.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

YES!!! The whole point in why I suggested you go there... best character ever.  XD  XD  XD

Agreed meatbag lol

Sledge, I can't believe you've never played KOTOR before!! It's the best Star Wars game ever and has the best twist in it.

This is one of my favorate games of all time, The second one was good too, but Bioware hit this one out of the park. I forget who made the second one, but it wasn't as good. Now I want to play KOTOR lol

Fishy fishy, you run fast, you'll be fast food

My strategy (for the end of the game at least), when your going room to room fighting Sith, Both party member would be jedi's, I'd walk into a room and have all three use force lightning (maxed out, it would kill everyone with one shot) loot the room and move on lol

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

HK is a great character!  He's just as hilarious in the second one, and apparently, shows up in TOR in one of the expansion packs.  XD

The sand people always gave me trouble, so I didn't normally take HK with me at that point because his best weapons are blaster rifles, and you can't find good ones there.  But then, I tend to level up force lightning all the way, even playing light side, because running into a room and spamming chain lightning until everyone dies still makes me giggle like a school girl.  XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

@Trigger I know right? lol. I've read probably half of all the Star Wars novels in print and I never played such a classic before. This game is like an interactive novel. Amazing story and dialogue so far.

@Dubird I have force lightning, but I'll have to wear jedi robes to use it. I even tried putting on jedi robes and lightning the hell out of the sand people but after I fried a group of them, everyone else basically bum rushed me and beat me to bloody mess while HK-47 shot pointless blasts from his crappy blaster that only did 6 damage a hit. lol.

HK should be doing 7-20+ a hit per blaster he has equipped now. He should be much more effective now. ^_^;

XD I never did any of Carth's side stories because as soon as I got Big Z I took all his weapons and never used him again. :P

I don't blame you. He kept b*tching and complaining so much I was tempted to choose dark side kind of mean responses to shut him up. At least now I know why he is so angry now.. Hes really bent on revenge. If he had jedi powers, his anger would have drawn him to the dark side. :P

I got these Gizkas on my ship and they seem to be multiplying. I bought poison to kill them.. but when I approached one I realized I could pet it and stuff.. I'll save them for now. Until they block me from running around my own ship, then they'll have to be dealt with. :P

I'm on Manaan now and I have to bust into a Sith enclave so I can find info about Sunry's murder charges as well as finding out what the Sith are doing with the young fish people and I also have getting some droid data for the guy in the republic enclave.. but I don't know the best way to get in there.. I was given 3 options, interrogate this guy, break the code on a datacard or attack the sith through a docking bay. I was about to try the data card but didn't get the chance to try it because The Walking Dead came on. :P Any recommendations?

Oh.. and I found this guy with an assassins guild, since I killed Calo Nord he wants me to be an assassin. It sounds like I'll be killing only evil people and get big credits for it. Should I do it?

Its up to you. Depending on what you met him, you might not beable to do some of the missions he has to offer.

Try all 3, I breaking the code on the datacard should also give you a clue on Sunry's case. I've done all 3 ways and one doesn't really give you an advantage, the docking bay's only difference is that its a different entry point.

Manaan is probably my favorite planet because of all the quests that involve investigation and the many shades of gray you can choose from in how to resolve them.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think I'll try the datacard first and then slaughter all the sith I can. I've been playing light side so much that credits are a pain to come by. I'd like to buy some more elaborate gear but damn some things are expensive. That Yavin guy buys stuff at great prices. I might just sell off a bunch of stuff, but I'll do all these assassin missions to see what kind of money they pay out. Even if they are dark side points, I doubt it would even knock me down to gray status at this point. If anything, I almost wish I could see off that first droid I got. He beeps like R2D2, but aside from his usefulness on Taris, hes completely pointless now. Hell.. now that I have 3 leveled up Jedi, putting anyone else on the team seems almost pointless now.

Cool. I should see it soon. I know when I got to Kashyyyk and saw the slavers, I felt like going full dark side and killing everyone. Luckily for me some of them screwed themselves and I was able to still kill them without getting dark side points.

btw, does being light side, grey, or dark side at the end affect the ending? I've only seen a few items that are light side user only.. other than that I don't see any major difference in the plot aside from some character interaction depending on the choices I make. I've force persuaded a couple people and Bastila will scold me for it, but hey, its getting the job done. It makes me think of Star Wars episode 1.. Qui Gon Jinn tried to use the force on Watto to get the parts they needed for their ship.. but Watto is immune to the force and said republic credits were no good. They could have cut out half the movie and the entire pod race portion if Qui Gon would have just walked about 20 steps to the right, force pursuaded the next merchant to exchange his republic credits for the tatooine ones, then bought the parts and Anakin from Watto. Just like that, half the movie would be skipped and Qui Gon would have only taken a few dark side points. :P

Yes there are light side and darkside endings. There are 2 light side endings and I've only done one dark side ending so I dont know if there is anymore because I generally play the light side every time i replay. So I dont spoil anything, all I will say is that you'll want to keep mutliple save files and save before you think there is going to be a big time encounter.

The one thing Bioware did right in Mass Effect 3 was auto save your game at the major turning point so you can branch off in every direction without having to replay the entire thing again to see every single possible ending.

Thats a good feature for ME3. After I realized I could save whenever I want, my old gaming habits from playing Sierra games (Kings Quest, etc.) re-emerged. I equipped something different on somebody. Save. I see a group of people ahead of me that could potentially be a scene. Save. I just won a swoop race. Save. I have over 100 saves already. ^_^;

FYI after you do a complete Bastila play through light side. I highly recommend a Canderous play through dark side. Although having Bastila and Canderous in the same party can lead to some funny dialog either way, His back stories are pretty epic and playing dark side with Canderous and HK-47 is simply hysterical. His big ass gun he starts with is pretty awesome when you keep it up to date with upgrades.

After my experience of getting my ass killed repeatedly by Sand people, I've decided that duel weapon mastery is the best upgrade in the game. Canderous' original weapon maxed out with upgrades is nothing compared to what I have him set with now. Check out my attack / defense stats for my best characters right now:

Canderous Ordo blaster:

post-1-0-29045600-1384473424_thumb.jpg

What I have him set up with now:

post-1-0-99850600-1384473424_thumb.jpg

But thats nothing compared to Carth or Zalabaar:

post-1-0-68147800-1384473425_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-66410400-1384473423_thumb.jpg

And none of them have anything on the damage Bastila and my character can do:

post-1-0-86844000-1384473422_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-35983700-1384473426_thumb.jpg

Me, Bastila and Big Z destroy everything in a couple hits. XD

duel wielding sabers is defiantly a useful tactic.....now, if you want a challenge, duel wield blasters for the whole game...that's actually kinda fun, as long as you have at least one person doing melee....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

If I had my guy set for blaster mastery I'd do it and leave Bastila and Big Z to destroy everyone else with melee. This game is a lot of fun.. it is so huge too. I love it, but I don't know when I'll do another play thru to test out the dark side play through. :crap:

So.. I'm about to do the trial of Sunry.. I hacked the republic computer and found out he murdered that sith woman in cold blood. I told him and he pressured me into defending him because the Republic could be screwed out of the healing stuff from Manaan.. I know I should turn him in, but I don't want the republic to be screwed, so I said I'd defend him. Then I got dark side points. So I reloaded it and didn't mention it to him. lol. I think I'll hold onto the info, get him free for the better of the republic and if I get dark points again, then so be it. In the mean time, I'm invading the Sith enclave with the pass card.. the woman inside immediately knew something was wrong and called the guards.. Now I'm slaughtering the sith. :D The planet is great. lol. After I'm done with these guys I'll see about winning some swoop races and killing the other bounty here and then move on to Korriban.

Manaans swoop race is by far the hardest of them all. I blew so much money on the damn thing the end result wasn't really worth it in future play through.

Sunry's trial is epic in how many choices you have. I've done them all. I don't believe you get dark or light by telling him you wont defend him and turn him in... The funny thing is I thought he was set up for years until I found that video evidence in my last play through. I felt so betrayed XD There is another trail you encounter in the future, SAVE SAVE SAVE.. I was banned from the planet completely once, and I forgot how I managed to end up in that situation... I'm giving you this minor spoil so you dont get screwed over on the Genoharadan bounty missions.

My problem with Darkside is that since I played through lightside first and grew to love the characters I felt horrible mistreating them... XD Plus I killed Juhani when i first met her. Darkside Sandral vs. Matale is hilarious though.

The dark side options for the Sandral vs. Matale fued sounded horrible. lol. Tell them to kill each other, etc. So evil. XD

I saw that I could hack the republic computer and figured why not, I have some computer spikes. One of the first pieces of evidence I found was the data recording of him murdering her. lol. Right off the bat I know hes a murderer. The one thing that surprised me is that I could open a submarine hatch for 100 spikes. Thats insane. I'm guessing I have to follow a plot line to get to the underwater surface of the planet to get the star map, because 100 spikes is a crapload of credits, even if I get Mission or my droid guy to make them for me, it would take quite a while.

btw, is it because I'm playing as a guardian, that my defense is complete crap when I use jedi robes? Bastila, Jolee and Juhani all have good defense in the 20s with jedi robes, but when I put them on my defense drops to 16-18 or so. Horrible defense for me, even if I use a jedi defense power. Maybe I'm not upgrading my skills correctly. I have force lightning and speed burst, but they are restricted by armor. I keep my Calo Nord armor on for defense, but I'm missing out on some good force kills.