EVA-01

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I haven't heard much about Evangelion here, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. It's my first time making a thread so I hope it's good.:)

Has anybody watched this anime? If you have then what is your favorite episode/movie,or characters/Evas? In my opinon this was a really good anime.

My Favorite Characters are

Shinji, Rei, Eva-01 and 03

Since I haven't watched this anime *gets kicked by Hell_Cat X'D* this topic's gonna be uber informative from my perspective ^_^. Post away !

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I own it and have watched it completely thru twice (halfway thru the third time of watching it). I've seen both movies and have seen the Director's Cuts of eps 21-26 (since I own them). As a whole it was an ok series. I don't really see what all the hype is about it. Its got an alright plot and alright characters (Shinji still annoys me to all hell).

As for favorite character its a tie between Pen Pen and Rei (I mean come on that penquin is awesome).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

i have watch teh series straight through a few times....didnt really understand it completely until like the 3rd of 4th time :-p

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I've seen it, and I know it's said to be the greatest anime ever created, but for the life of me...I really don't like it. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into it all that well...don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything, it just really never did appeal to me.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Strangely enough...almost all the people I've talked to have said the same exact thing. I think the show appeals to a certain kind of audiance, and I'm just not in that group. I would encourage you to watch the first 5 or 6 episodes though and see for yourself.

Eva is an anime for those who like to get involved in a deep psychological plot dealing with existence, religion and a whole crap load of other stuff. This is the reason why many people who watch it don't get it right away and usually end up not liking it in the long run. Saying its the best anime ever would not be accurate. Its one of the best ever created for its time and its one of the best for its target audience. Thats kind of the reason why most people are drawn to watch it because they are mislead to believe its something that requires little or not thought to watch (like Excel Saga).

I agree, most of my friends who watched like, only 4 episodes didn't like it because they thought it was too complicated. For some people it takes time to understand and find out what it means. Even I didn't understand it completly at first but when I watched it again I understood, and started to like it.

Ummmm, plz explain this comment of yours Hell_Cat. GW is in no way philisophical, in no way deals with religion nor existence, and is not deep in anyway. I hate GW with a passion (if you've looked in the Gundam board you know this) but I like Eva (I don't think of it as the greatest anime ever but its still a good anime). I don't see how liking GW would make you more susceptable to liking Eva seeing as how they are completely different.

i'll be blunt and to the point. i know some ppl really like eva but i'm not one. ^_^:

i didn't care for evangelion. i think its the most over-hyped anime to ever exist aside from akira. :P

the beginning of eva is slow until they bring asuka into the series.. then it has amazing potential! but then things die down again.. and then its as if the series stops abruptly and a monkey draws the ending. X'D

as for the movies. end of evangelion is the actual ending for the series (its the last two episodes redone because the monkies did a horrible job in my opinion). but it is still far from straight forward and leaves you with a :wtf: face. and movie 2 is an overview of the entire series (including the first movie) and contains about 5 minutes of extra footage.

my overall opinion:

fav character: asuka

most hated character: shinji

fav episode: the one where shinji and asuka have to dance and synchronize together.

final comments: could have been better. hell of a marketing job tho! :tup:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I ment the whole *getting into a deep ass plot thing* anyway....

Yeah I was talking to the guy who owns a rockin anime store here, and he said about the same thing you did Sledge. Still, in my opinion it's worth checking out, I mean almost every anime is worth a look...unless you know it's going to be stupid.

K, just wondering. The plot to GW isn't that deep but I suppose I could see someone who seen that being interested in Eva (though I really don't know why you'd move from a very unphilisophical anime like GW to a mind-f*** of an anime like Eva).

Sledge I think you actually took and summarized Eva in the shortest most understanding way I've ever seen it summarized in.

Usually I like a story with a deep plot, but I cant say this about Eva. The only character I thought worth watching was Misato, the rest of them were too underdeveloped for my taste. A lot of episodes dragged on with little action, character or plot development.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Kisaragi (Misato), Asuka are my favorites

Eva for me had too much of bleh action and the "deepness" of it came in too suddenly and was sort of out of place...the first half of the series (mainly before the characters begin to get fuxed up) was pretty good though

botniksig9kz.jpg