Sledgstone

PS4 Pre-Orders Sold Out at GameStop

8 posts in this topic

Playstation4_preorders_soldout.jpg

It looks like Sony needs to ramp up their PS4 production to keep up with demand seeing as GameStop.com has already sold out of the Playstation 4 consoles. Physical GameStop stores have their own supplies so pre-orders may still be available at locations near you. Of course this is just one retailer... Amazon, Bestbuy, Target, Walmart, etc. are all still selling pre-orders... but for how long?

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Why couldn't they announce the US release date at E3?! This is just crazy how people are even willing to preorder this without even knowing when it is coming out. Then again maybe its just me as I can't stand the idea of holding onto $400+ until the last Tuesday of December.

I guess Xbox One / Xbone / Xbox Done / Xbox One80 is still far behind.

"Cool. I always knew Atheists would someday save The World."

- Fantomex

Maybe they anticipated the hype and instead of announcing a release date, they wanted to make sure they could actually fulfill their pre-orders. Imagine them having a release date and then announce they won't have the product to give to customers.. people would rage, cancel their pre-orders and buy an xbox one just because its available.

Xbox One sold out at Gamestop's physical stores, so I'm sure PS4 has as well due to the fact that they probably got around the same amount of each console.. 10. At least that's what it was here. My friend preordered an X1, and the only reason he got it is because he's friends with the manager. He told him they were only allowed 10 preorders. Its probably some stupid ploy to get people in the stores multiple times, hoping when they cant get what they want, people will browse and pick up something to pass the time. Thats just my speculation.

I really dislike gamestop not only for their used game policies, but just buying a game is a hassle. I tried to buy a new game 2 weeks after it came out and they still wouldnt sell me a copy because I didn't preorder it... wtf how long does a copy need to sit on the shelf? One week is plenty, if you cant pick it up by then, you money down should revert to store credit if its sold out next time you show up. They wonder why they struggle? Most of them are located in a Wal-Mart/Super Target shopping center or a mall which probably has a target/k-mart/best buy in it. Every customer they turn away can just go buy it across the parking lot.

dvabanner.png

I never cared for buying games at GameStop... The last new game I bought at gamestop pissed me off, the guy grabbed the box off the display rack, grabbed the game and instruction book from behind the counter, finger printed the hell out of the game as he nearly scratched it putting it into the game box, stuck a sticker on it and charged me full price. As far as I'm concerned thats an open, used game. WTF. Any employee there could have took a cell phone picture of the PSN activation DLC code and left me screwed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/22/sony-handling-ps4-pre-orders-as-responsibly-as-we-can/

Yesterday, Sony revealed that over one million pre-orders have been placed for its next-gen console, the PS4. It's a situation Sony UK managing director Fergal Gara told OPM is "kind of a good problem to have, but it is a problem and we're trying to manage that as responsibly as we possibly can."

Gara added the pre-order numbers are "higher than we've ever seen in 20 years in this business." It's this demand that led Sony to tell its retail partners that pre-orders after August 5 would not be guaranteed a console on launch day. Gara elaborated to OPM that Sony is "chasing demand" at this point.

GameStop ceased taking pre-orders for the console back in July, while Wal-Mart has stated it will open pre-orders for the console again in North America on August 24 – but customers will not receive their PS4 until December 13. The PS4 will launch for $399 on November 15 in North America and for €399/£349 on November 29 in Europe.

Hopefully Sony can pick up the pace on production and not end up like last time where people horded them out and sold them for $3000 on ebay. It would also give MS a chance to regain some ground for people not willing to wait until almost next year to get their hands on a PS4. Undoubtedly MS will face this same problem, but its all about who can release their second and third batches of consoles the fastest after the initial launch pool is dried up.

dvabanner.png

I wouldn't be surprised if PS4s are on ebay within minutes of the launch. Sony should have seen this coming and started ramping up production months ago. :nod: