thewalkingdeadseason4.jpg

Today AMC revealed The Walking Dead Season 4 banner that will be displayed at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. The banner depicts Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) raising their signature weapons before a herd of walkers, while characters Tyreese (Chad L. Coleman) and Michonne (Danai Gurira) fight off walkers to the left and right, respectively.

All they give us is a single picture... and I need more. I need this new season to start ASAP. O_O

Source: AMC

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-scott-gimple-season-4-583265

This has me excited.

Season 1 - Awesome
Season 2 - Draggy

Season 3 - Started out amazing, finale fizzled out. and left baggage.

Season 2 should have been condensed to where season 3's mid season finale was its season finale, season 3's season finale would serve as its mid season. I wish they wouldn't have carried the Governor into the next season... but then again the next antagonist in the graphic novel just isn't fit for TV. They had to water down the Governor a little for cable tv... it would have to be A LOT for the next guy. I get that they aren't trying to pass up the novel perhaps... but this isnt anime, filler eps will cause a demise of the program.

Graphic novel spoilers

Negan and the Saviors are going to be an issue. From his harem to his face ironing of people, hes going to get watered down pretty bad.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm really looking forward to season 4. Its going to be a "best of" season according to the guy.. So all the "best moments" kind of scenarios from all the previous seasons will be in season 4. I'm assuming this means there will be less scenes of people searching the woods endlessly and men bickering over woman drama. There has to be more action. And I'm glad the new season will refocus on the walker threat. Most of the walkers seem so weak in the series. Unless they are in a huge horde or they sneak attack, walkers pose no real threat anymore in this series.

Thats basically how its been in the graphic novel, outside of a few herds as they call them, people are more of the threat than walkers starting with the Governor and beyond. That was in the preface of the first issue. It wasn't necessarily a zombie story, but a story about humans and how they would interact after the world had collapsed as we know it.

I have a feeling the show will have to focus more on the zombie aspect to keep their massive fan base. Considering how they would have to water down some of the new human enemies, people might just see the new antagonists as rehashes of the governor.

I'm wondering by moving all of Woodbury to the Prison, if that will replace the Alexandra Safe Zone from the graphic novel.. It would make sense since they omitted half the prison arch anyways (for cable TV  limitations reasons likely). The swarm that caused them to leave Hershel's farm was pretty large, but I don't think it was a herd. That would require some CG or the old extra's trick they use to use to fill up stadiums in movies. I don't think adding stronger individual walkers would be a good idea. At the same time, reparing the fence just to have to taken down again by a herd would be pretty redundant. Mabye the solution would be to have the Governor cause some areas of weakness in the perimeter to allow a herd to break in and cause damage.... plus they have yet to seal "the tombs" where Tyreese and his group got in from. 

I think Martinez is going to kill the governor anyways with this Show Runner.

Graphic Novel Spoilers

His death was pretty anti climatic in the comic, being killed by the equivalent of the girl they picked up at the end of season 3.

gov3-532x329.jpg

I'm wondering by moving all of Woodbury to the Prison, if that will replace the Alexandra Safe Zone from the graphic novel.. It would make sense since they omitted half the prison arch anyways (for cable TV  limitations reasons likely). The swarm that caused them to leave Hershel's farm was pretty large, but I don't think it was a herd. That would require some CG or the old extra's trick they use to use to fill up stadiums in movies. I don't think adding stronger individual walkers would be a good idea. At the same time, reparing the fence just to have to taken down again by a herd would be pretty redundant. Mabye the solution would be to have the Governor cause some areas of weakness in the perimeter to allow a herd to break in and cause damage.... plus they have yet to seal "the tombs" where Tyreese and his group got in from. 

I think Martinez is going to kill the governor anyways with this Show Runner.

Graphic Novel Spoilers

His death was pretty anti climatic in the comic, being killed by the equivalent of the girl they picked up at the end of season 3.

gov3-532x329.jpg

If they started doing stronger individual walkers then it'd be seen as a rip off of Resident Evil. So I doubt they'll do that. I know Woodbury had a bunch of older people.. I hope they don't drag out explaining a bunch of new characters.