DeathscytheX

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Here is the teaser trailer for COD: Ghosts... notice something about the next installment by Infinity Ward? Modern Warfare is mysteriously missing?

Not surprising seeing how horrible MW3 was. It was easily the worst game in the franchise's history. While the trailer shows nothing about the game, it is clear that this game will not be related to the MW line.

Infinity Ward's executive producer Mark Rubin had this to say:

"Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do, we saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players."

We will get our first look at the next generation of COD at the May 21st unveiling of the new Xbox console....

I'm wondering if the major renovations Treyarch did to the COD's ranking systems and unlocks had IW worried that they would lose their spot as studio that makes the better COD games... which they already had by Black Ops I IMO. Hopefully it's a wake-up call because MW3 was a shit sandwich. Back off the insanely overly powerful killstreaks that are relatively easy to obtain and refocus on the gun play that made COD4 so great. Treyarch has great concepts, but their guns are very lacking. BO2 they were more balanced but still underpowered as a whole. I never thought I'd say this, but the Stopping Power and Juggernaut perks need to come back.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh, COD lost me with MW2 and I officially stopped caring after BO1. Unless this does something that either takes COD back to COD4 multiplayer wise or does something to drastically change the gameplay I'll pass on it (then again it seems I'll most likely be passing and the next gen consoles if MS does what everyone says they're going to do).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'm getting a console for Destiny alone XD

As much as I liked BO2. as soon as my friends stopped playing, so did I. Its not one of thoes games i enjoy playing my myself like I use to. I guess COD is a good example as to why catering to the internet fan's demands are bad for a game. I was never for getting rid of Stopping Power unless the guns were brought to that level of damage without it. COD is not a game for BF style gun play. Maps and Guns need to be the focus rather than killstreaks and absurd attachments and equipment. I'm fine with keeping BO2's level progression and unlocks. But the campable maps need to be a thing of the past. We need more maps like Countdown, Creek, Pipeline, and Downpour.

I'd like to see the new game get rid of kill / score streaks. While its fun to get them, they overall seem pointless and as it rewards good players and campers with easy kills. If a player is already good enough to get the ridiculous amount of points necessary to get the higher level streaks, that guy doesn't need any extra advantages. Like you said, let it focus on the gun play. The only problem with that is the hit detection. I hope their new engine improves that.. as well as having their own servers. The lag compensation is stupid. Also, no matter what kind of round I'm playing every game feels like its a TDM round. It got boring after a while. But my biggest gripe with the game is the ridiculous spawning and map selection. It got so repetitive playing the same maps over and over because thats the only ones people would pick or the randomizer was crap.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The problem is the map voting. You'll always play Hijacked and Grind twice because of idiots. They should never allow the same map twice. COD4, the kill streaks were awesome. you only had a 3-5-7. UAV, Air Strike, and Chopper... you couldn't control the air strike path. it was completely random, and the chopper was hit or miss where it flew around on the map. They were great to get, and when luck shined on you it was more rewarding. The hit detection isn't the issue. its the power of the guns. They are so weak it takes half a mag to kill anyone in BO2 unless you're using a shotgun close to med range. In COD4 and MW2 there was a perk called Stopping power that made your gun kill anyone with 2-3 bullets. basically 1-2 hit markers killed anyone. 1 M16 burst killed a person across the map. It was your fault for being out the open. To counter this there was a perk in the same slot as stopping power call juggernaut (back then there were no greed wildcards). IMO it was more overpowered... with stopping power it was harder to kill someone with juggernaut than it was to kill someone without, without stopping power.. so if you didn't have stopping power and you shot at someone with jugs you were really screwed... but I'd welcome all that back over the absurd killsteaks of MW2.

BUT with all the money made off COD they could go to a server base system... the only advantage of the host system they use now is that the game works forever until everyone stops playing it... rather than the company deciding paying for the servers isn't worth it anymore after a few years. With COD it doesnt matter, because they stop supporting the game that came out 2 issues after the newest... if you tried to play COD4 now, its full of cheaters glitching into the map where they can shoot you and you cant hit them. or World at War where they can call in attack dogs at the start of the match with zero kills... since support dies off that fast, you might as well use servers.

When you say it like that, yes.. they might as well run the games with company servers. :nod:

The map selection process seems so stupid. I know COD is not BF.. but I love the server browser option with Battlefield. I can choose what maps I want to play and see what servers pop up in my list along with the map rotation / game mode for that server. But because COD doesn't have paid servers its this crappy map selection process that always takes place.. and after about 3 rounds, the person with the best internet connection quits out and the game freaks out for a minute or two while it migrates to someone else. -_-

The balancing in black ops 2 is horrible. When I was playing, half the time I'd kick ass or at least have an enjoyable game. Then 1/4 of the rounds was laggy as hell and I might or might not have done good.. and then the other 1/4 of the rounds was me getting my ass handed to me to the point of quitting out because it was so one sided and pointless.