DeathscytheX

Thor: The Dark World Trailer

This looks a LOT more badass then the first :)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Better deliver, the first was a lotta fun. I can see cheesy moments already in the trailer :

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

it does look good, 

I am assuming it is set before the avengers though as at the end of Thor he was stuck on Asguard

I was thinking about this and it looks like it takes place after the Avengers movie. At the end of the trailer Thor is asking Loki for help, and Loki is apparently in a jail cell of some kind. At the end of the first Thor movie, Loki was presumed dead.. but after Avengers Loki was taken back to Asgard as a prisoner. I still don't understand why they never explained how Thor got back to earth in Avengers. Maybe they will cover that plot hole in this movie.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Interesting, he could have been eluding to something bigger.. either that or he was disgusted that Thor was able to travel across worlds in the same fashion Loki was able to?

So, I checked on Marvel's site and found a brief description of the movie:

Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World," in theaters November 8, 2013, continues the big screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s "Thor" and "Marvel’s The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

http://marvel.com/movies/movie/182/thor_the_dark_world

And Malekith is a dark elf and has previously used the Casket of Ancient Winters in an Avengers cartoon episode:

http://marvel.com/universe/Malekith

http://marvel.com/news/story/16601/essential_thor_the_casket_of_ancient_winters

http://marvel.com/news/story/15911/the_avengers_earths_mightiest_annotations

I don't even care that the plot wasn't explained in the trailer.. this looks badass. :D

The plot revolves around a war with Dark Elves.

Sarcasm

In other news Thor The Dark World has caused racial controversy between Dunmer & Nords (See Also Nordic Race) in Windhelm.

/Sarcasm

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The plot revolves around a war with Dark Elves.

Sarcasm

In other news Thor The Dark World has caused racial controversy between Dunmer & Nords (See Also Nordic Race) in Windhelm.

/Sarcasm

I couldn't tell those were Dark Elves based off the trailer. -_- It definitely looked like a large scale battle between two different species tho. :P

I hope this movie has no racial undertones to it. That would be horrible. :crap:

No spoiler tags for this but 2:10 was a major spoiler....

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/8398-Thor-The-Dark-World?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

To a certain extent I wanted to root for The Dark Elves. Not because they were "evil" but from what they stated it seem like they were fighting an evil that destroyed their way of life; that being light.

I'm kind of disappointed that Odin states that they aren't Gods. Which leaves for me a feeling that the people that made this didn't want to offend religious nutters who want to declare only their god(s) are real.

Also stay after the credits.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I watched up until the 2:10 mark. Thank you for the warning. From what I did hear in the first couple minutes reaffirms what I heard about the movie being as much of a sequel to Avengers as well as a sequel to the first Thor. I'm looking forward to watching this. I also read that this season of Shield will have an episode in a couple weeks that takes place after the events of the second Thor movie. I just hope it doesn't have spoilers in it if I haven't seen this movie by then.

I watched up until the 2:10 mark. Thank you for the warning. From what I did hear in the first couple minutes reaffirms what I heard about the movie being as much of a sequel to Avengers as well as a sequel to the first Thor. I'm looking forward to watching this. I also read that this season of Shield will have an episode in a couple weeks that takes place after the events of the second Thor movie. I just hope it doesn't have spoilers in it if I haven't seen this movie by then.

I was referring to trailer you posted previously not to Movie Bob's review just to clarify.

Actually, I thought it was better.  Maybe because they didn't have to spend time on origin story and could really get to the meat of it.  There was a bit of deus ex machina in places, but Christopher Eccleston as the main villian?  Swweeeet!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I watched this tonight and I enjoyed every minute of it. I think it was better than Thor 1. The first movie definitely felt more like the origin story that it was. Thor 2 was more of a good versus true evil battle.

The Collector was shown at the end.. very interesting. I'm thinking they are already laying the ground work for Avengers 3, which would most likely have Thanos trying to take over the universe. O_O

For me, Thor 1 > 2. What I liked in Thor 2 - aerial fight sequence in Asgard and a bit of Loki. What I didn't like in Thor 2 - for a catastrophic event in the end of THAT magnitude there was no other Superhero in sight (were they all dumb all of a sudden or asleep?) or SHIELD or anyone outside the small group of 3/4 people which made it unrealistic or not very believable and bad dialog when it came to humor. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I kept expecting some other super hero, shield or a larger British force to appear.. instead only a couple fighter jets showed up. Oh well. I suppose the fight was fast enough that non of the other super heroes from the US could have made it to Britain in that amount of time.

There were 2 things I didn't like in the movie.. The first was the mostly naked Thor scene. His ass checks were so muscular I could see his ass cleavage all the way up his lower back. ewww. :P and Jane Foster's makeup was so heavy that it was beyond noticeable. Everyone else's makeup was fine.. but Natalie Portman's foundation was like a layer of junk on her face. :\