DeathscytheX

Star Trek Into Darkness Final Trailer

The final Trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness before it releases May 17th... and it leaves some intriguing questions.

Is that the USS Excelsior? O_O I guess a Miranda Class ship would make it too obvious jussst in case.... X'D

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The speculation has started. I'm seeing the comment sections of sites trying to say its the Enterprise-E which would be really dumb. The only way they could have explained that is that it go sucked in through timespace unseen when the Romulans time traveled in the 1st film, and Picard and gang got killed off by "John Harrison".

I'm sticking with its the Excelsior as a minor crowd is speculating. Scotty's handy work in Search for Spock denied us a chance to see the Excelsior do battle with Enterprise, although the Enterprise was crippled from its battle with Reliant in the first place. As Abrams paid homage to the kobayashi maru, he might be doing the same thing here. A lot of people are saying its too soon for Excelsior, but these are the same people saying its 1701 E. They claim its because the Sovereign class is much larger than the Constitution class... which is true, until you look at the specs of Abram's reboot Enterprise which is only slightly larger by a few meters than the 1701 E was. Abrams can make any ship any size he wishes because he isn't following the original reality.

ships_ncc1701e.jpg

new-enterprise-size-comparison-chart-2.j

2009enterprise21.JPG

The size varies by 10m in most comparisons.

I have a feeling its a completely different vessel all together. Just like that Romulan mining ship was completely original, I wouldn't be surprised if this ship is some new prototype that John Harrison somehow acquired at some Area 51 styled shipyard.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If he is Khan, or of Khans super human race, they probably built it in secret using their superior intellect to advance on the enterprise design by a full generation,. probably right under star fleets noses,

to create mass terror and destruction of the scale seen, they probably have many sleeper agents or active agents in starfleet. would not be hard to get ship building material re directed to a private facility where the super humans could build a new star ship

The pods we saw are probably the remaining super humans from the war now in stasis. and will probably find 1/2 empty with dead starfleet personal in 

Even if he is not Khan, though givrn how he is pushing Kirks limits, he should be.  

all my speculation of course

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I doubt we'll see trans warp... but then again, they covered time travel in the first movie. :P

Section 31 sounds about right. I completely forgot about it.

If John Harrison was part of Khans super human race, that could explain why this guy is such a threat. Maybe because the time line is different because of the impacts of the first movie, perhaps Khan has died in this timeline and John Harrison is part of his group and takes his command.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103329 Pretty intense clip

Star Trek's Facebook page has revealed that the name of the ship is the USS Vengeance. Interestingly enough in non canon stories it has appeared as a Constitution class and a Miranda class vessel.

In actual History the USS Vengeance was John Paul Jone's ship during the revolutionary war... he was famous for saying "I have not yet begun to fight".

How can that ship with it's spec or design fly in space at that speed? Those 2 thrusters are on two thinner panels (if you look at it from the front/ back), seems like it would break off at that speed, according to me. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/05/bte-dan-enterprise/

“Reactors might be scalable to those high power levels, but the radiation shielding and heat rejection system would be a huge design challenge,” said Elliott, who qualified his comments as a personal perspective rather than official NASA or Caltech views. “I’d hesitate to say it couldn’t be done with sufficient resources, but it probably wouldn’t end up looking like the original design.”

According to astronautics researcher Nicolas Lee of Stanford University, the Enterprise’s iconic shape could be a hindrance. “If we wanted to build something that large, a sphere or cylinder would be better at holding pressure against the vacuum — think scuba tank or submarine,” he said.

Lee also said the Enterprise’s proposed gravity system — a giant spinning wheel magnetically suspended inside the ship’s hull, producing gravity through centrifugal force — would cause steering problems.

“To get a sense of this effect, try taking an external hard drive and wobbling it around a bit while it’s running,” said Lee. “It tries to torque you in a perpendicular direction when you tip it.”

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Doesn't really say the engines would break off. If the design was such a hindrance, then why isn't the ISS a big cylinder, or a sphere? Sounds like he's trying to sound more important than he really is.  The radiation shielding and heat rejection systems would explain while the engines are places so far from the ships body.

I think the first warp drive ship test would look pretty close to the Phoenix

tumblr_mksyrvTi0C1s44tqto1_500.jpg

The movie was very entertaining. There was an old guy that must have got pissed off about 6-7 minutes before the film ended because he just got up and left. XD

You really have to take it for what it is... an alternate timeline which makes sure to remind the viewer of this at a point during the movie.

Some other notes:

Spock's KHAAAAAN was pretty lame XD and not in a good way... they could have stuck with a generic yell... he couldn't bulge his eyes out and quiver his face like Shatner did... I guess thats probably why they didn't even let Chris Pine attempt it.

I thought it was pretty neat how they portrayed the USS Vengeance's Transwarp Drive. Although they may not have said that's what it was... Khan saying "If you think you can get away with warp speed, you're mistaken" was a slight tribute to what Captain Styles said when chasing Kirk out of space dock with the Excelsior in Search for Spock... and to further the similarity by having Scotty sabotage the ship AFTER the vengeance had caught up to the Enterprise.

firing photon torpedoes at warp speed is total bullshit! XD the ship would run into its own torpedoes because they cannot travel at a faster warp.

Any trekkie thats mad that this movie wasn't as great as Wrath of Khan is really pouring too much into the film... If you take things into perspective, this movie is actually an alternate take on TOS episode "Space Seed" which Wrath could have never happened without.... but no Ceti Alpha 5? c'mon! :P

All in all I was pleased that the trailer threw me off on how the film would actually go down. It was not what I was expecting in a good way.

I'm tempted to look at your spoiler tag, but I must resist. :P

I missed some posts in this topic!

How can that ship with it's spec or design fly in space at that speed? Those 2 thrusters are on two thinner panels (if you look at it from the front/ back), seems like it would break off at that speed, according to me. 

The Star Trek universe has a technology called "Inertial Dampers"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia_negation

With that tech, a space ship could probably look like a sail boat with a full open sail and still hit warp speeds.

I'm tempted to look at your spoiler tag, but I must resist. :P

XD Def do not read the comments to my facebook status as well. The status itself is a minor spoiler about the physics of an unspecified scene... but I had to post its since I was harping on it so hard in my predictions XD XD XD

The movie was very entertaining. There was an old guy that must have got pissed off about 6-7 minutes before the film ended because he just got up and left. XD

You really have to take it for what it is... an alternate timeline which makes sure to remind the viewer of this at a point during the movie.

Some other notes:

Spock's KHAAAAAN was pretty lame XD and not in a good way... they could have stuck with a generic yell... he couldn't bulge his eyes out and quiver his face like Shatner did... I guess thats probably why they didn't even let Chris Pine attempt it.

I thought it was pretty neat how they portrayed the USS Vengeance's Transwarp Drive. Although they may not have said that's what it was... Khan saying "If you think you can get away with warp speed, you're mistaken" was a slight tribute to what Captain Styles said when chasing Kirk out of space dock with the Excelsior in Search for Spock... and to further the similarity by having Scotty sabotage the ship AFTER the vengeance had caught up to the Enterprise.

firing photon torpedoes at warp speed is total bullshit! XD the ship would run into its own torpedoes because they cannot travel at a faster warp.

Any trekkie thats mad that this movie wasn't as great as Wrath of Khan is really pouring too much into the film... If you take things into perspective, this movie is actually an alternate take on TOS episode "Space Seed" which Wrath could have never happened without.... but no Ceti Alpha 5? c'mon! :P

All in all I was pleased that the trailer threw me off on how the film would actually go down. It was not what I was expecting in a good way.

We saw this movie last weekend. It was awesome. :D

I laughed when Spock shouted "KHAAAAAN" XD I thought it was great! X'D But he didn't have the full rage of Shatner because there was no bulging blood vessel in his forehead. X'D

I'm glad this guy was Khan and not some new random enemy with similar abilities. I liked the use of his blood as a regenerative ability... Kirk getting some Khan blood and having the blood bring him back to life.. does that now mean that Kirk is now Super Kirk? If the blood was that amazing as to bring him back from the dead and cure his radiation poisoning by regenerating his cells or possibly replicating more Khan cells, then Kirk could become a super genius like Khan.. or do you think it was a one time only effect like a Dragonball Senzu bean? :P

The Khan enhanced Super Tribble could potentially have such massive reproduction abilities that it could overwhelm any ship in a matter of days. :P

I thought BS at first when I saw the Vengeance shooting torpedoes at warp.. but It makes me wonder if a ship could shoot torpedoes at warp speeds.. The ship travels at warp by creating a warp field / bubble of normal space around the ship.. thus the ship moves the space bubble at warp speeds and the contents inside the warp bubble are still in normal relative space. If the Vengeance was able to make a large enough warp bubble (which I would assume it easily could), then when it caught up to the Enterprise, it's warp bubble probably merged with or displaced the Enterprise's warp bubble.. at that point, both ships were in the same bubble of normal space traveling at warp.. because it is normal space around both ships, all the weapons should technically work like in normal space.. the Vengeance shoots some torpedoes and the Enterprise gets blasted out of the bubble and drops back into normal space because it's bubble was already displaced.

But if that is how it would work, then they'd have to make sure they don't shoot any torpedoes directly in front of their flight path.. if they did, then the torpedo would travel ahead of the ship, hit the edge of the warp bubble, enter normal space, and its speed would be going normal and no longer in warp, but the ship would still be going warp speeds and slam into it as if it was a stationary object.. the ship would probably vaporize and make an explosion like a supernova because of the massive potential kinetic energy. XD

We saw this movie last weekend. It was awesome. :D

I laughed when Spock shouted "KHAAAAAN" XD I thought it was great! X'D But he didn't have the full rage of Shatner because there was no bulging blood vessel in his forehead. X'D

I'm glad this guy was Khan and not some new random enemy with similar abilities. I liked the use of his blood as a regenerative ability... Kirk getting some Khan blood and having the blood bring him back to life.. does that now mean that Kirk is now Super Kirk? If the blood was that amazing as to bring him back from the dead and cure his radiation poisoning by regenerating his cells or possibly replicating more Khan cells, then Kirk could become a super genius like Khan.. or do you think it was a one time only effect like a Dragonball Senzu bean? :P

The Khan enhanced Super Tribble could potentially have such massive reproduction abilities that it could overwhelm any ship in a matter of days. :P

I thought BS at first when I saw the Vengeance shooting torpedoes at warp.. but It makes me wonder if a ship could shoot torpedoes at warp speeds.. The ship travels at warp by creating a warp field / bubble of normal space around the ship.. thus the ship moves the space bubble at warp speeds and the contents inside the warp bubble are still in normal relative space. If the Vengeance was able to make a large enough warp bubble (which I would assume it easily could), then when it caught up to the Enterprise, it's warp bubble probably merged with or displaced the Enterprise's warp bubble.. at that point, both ships were in the same bubble of normal space traveling at warp.. because it is normal space around both ships, all the weapons should technically work like in normal space.. the Vengeance shoots some torpedoes and the Enterprise gets blasted out of the bubble and drops back into normal space because it's bubble was already displaced.

But if that is how it would work, then they'd have to make sure they don't shoot any torpedoes directly in front of their flight path.. if they did, then the torpedo would travel ahead of the ship, hit the edge of the warp bubble, enter normal space, and its speed would be going normal and no longer in warp, but the ship would still be going warp speeds and slam into it as if it was a stationary object.. the ship would probably vaporize and make an explosion like a supernova because of the massive potential kinetic energy. XD

All i can say is