Sledgstone

Defiance - Current Episode Discussion

Liking the show.

Next episode looks a bit predictable

Nolans old buddy hitting on Nolans whore GF which will cause a relationship bust up between the two

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

This last episode was much better than the previous one. I'm glad they finally revealed Irisa's past and how she met up with Nolan. It felt like her character was nothing but a random bipolar raging woman for a couple episodes. lol. While that was ok, its good that we now understand where her character is coming from and why she rages like she does.. hell I can't blame her for wanting to kill anyone that pisses her off considering how her childhood played out.

The next ep does seem a bit predictable. Nolan seems to be bonding a bit more with the mayor, so they need to break up his relationship with her whore sister so he'll be free to get with her. :nod:

That's a good thing, I'm starting to like the show more and more but would love if they picked up the pace a bit more and started going into what Rafe's son found in the mines because it's starting to bug me (because I really want to know).

Last nights episode was pretty good with Irisa revealing her past but was not really expecting what happened at the end of the episode.

The end of the episode surprised me... I was not expecting to see so much side nudity in the last 5 minutes. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This show's getting really good reviews, I might pick it up after all. How's the game holding up, in the sense, following the story of the show? 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://kotaku.com/okay-this-is-a-rather-cool-way-to-link-defiance-game-a-506597539

I haven't had a chance to try this in-game event yet, but I recognize the other character is the lawkeeper of Iron Demon Ranch. I'll check it out by this weekend to see how it plays out. There was another contest that already took place too:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/30/4286334/defiance-contest-tv-show

X'D I know but what was most surprising was her getting with him. I mean I could tell he had feelings for her but wow to just jump right on into it in the Lawkeepers's Office. Talk about giving into the passion of the moment.

Lol.. yeah.. there was no "Hey, lets get a cup off coffee and maybe dinner somewhere"... nope.. just nakedness on a concrete floor. XD

Episode 1 = best episode so far and everything after that has sort of been a steady downward slide. I'm only hanging on to see what the mystery's going to be about because the premise or the situation the world is in has good potential for interesting plots. This's turning out to be like that Dinosaur series with that guy from Avatar which also starts off decent and there are some secret markings on stones that are revealed and it later failed to keep me interested. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Episode 1 = best episode so far and everything after that has sort of been a steady downward slide. I'm only hanging on to see what the mystery's going to be about because the premise or the situation the world is in has good potential for interesting plots. This's turning out to be like that Dinosaur series with that guy from Avatar which also starts off decent and there are some secret markings on stones that are revealed and it later failed to keep me interested. 

You mean Terra Nova? I thought that show ended good. It had some slow parts with some teenage drama in a couple episodes, but overall it was a solid show. :P

Only 3 episodes left for the season.. I played the latest episode mission on the game today and it looks like it might be leading up to the finale of the first season.. In the game, Rynn has found out that Nolan is responsible for putting her father into a coma, so she is heading back to Defiance to probably kill him and check on her dad.. Also, that crystal Nolan used in the first episode at the arkfall was called a "Libera Nova gem" which was apparently a kind of Gulanite crystal.. Varus, an in game character, hired Nolan, Irisa and another ark hunter (the playable character) to retrieve the gem.. With all of us working together, we got the gem, but in a last minute ambush, we got separated during the attack... Nolan stole the gem and ran off with it along with Irisa to further their own goals... after that, episode 1 of Defiance started.. he used that gem to get the sphere that he used to save the town.

Since then, Varus has placed a bounty on Nolan's head because of the crystal he stole. The bounty is for dead or alive.. The bounty was also mentioned a couple episodes ago when a bounty hunter friend of Nolan's was in town hunting down some terrorist guy.

Anyway.. Aside from Rynn coming to kill Nolan, there is also another bounty hunter that heard about a whore house in Defiance that Nolan frequents... that bounty hunter is heading there to gather intel and will most likely try to claim Nolan's bounty.. on top of those two going to kill him.. Varus has hired the Echelon to hunt Nolan down.. the Echelon are a private and powerful military group..

So yes... it looks like a shit storm is headed to Defiance.. and its all targeted on Nolan's head.. I wonder if the town will turn on him or if they'll back him up considering he was the reason the town was saved from the Volge. I don't know if this will be in the season finale or if its going to be another regular episode, but it does seem very interesting just how much of the plot line is being revealed in the game.