Sledgstone

Jimmy Fallon taking over The Tonight Show

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/nbc-sets-tonight-show-transition-with-jimmy-fallon-taking-over-in-2014/

After months of speculation, a slew of news stories, a ton of late-night jokes and a Jay Leno-Jimmy Fallon duet, NBC has set a date for Leno’s departure from The Tonight Show and officially anointed Fallon as the new host of the venerable late-night franchise. Leno will depart in spring 2014 after 22 years. The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon will be based in New York, where the show originated, and be set at the 30 Rock studio that now houses Fallon’s Late Night; the studio is undergoing renovation that is slated to be completed in 2014 in time for the Tonight Show relaunch. The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon will be executive produced by Lorne Michaels, marking the first time the Saturday Night Live and Late Night executive producer has been in charge of NBC’s flagship late-night show.

This is the video they made a few days before the announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0jVU8fLc4

I think Jimmy will do good at that time slot. I like watching Leno's monologue and Headlines, but I think I've only watched a handful of complete episodes. As for Jimmy Fallon, his monologue always seems a bit weak to me, but his Thank You notes and the stuff he can get some celebrities to do is pretty good.

I used to watch Conan all the time way back in the day and I think he did good with the Tonight Show when he had it. But ever since he moved to his current show I almost never watch him except for videos online like his Clueless Gamer videos. Those are damn funny. I haven't watched much of Jimmy Kimmel, so I don't know how well he'll do up against Fallon in the same time slot. And I never really found David Letterman to be funny. I've watched his show off and on over the years, but I just don't find him funny at all.

Anyway, do any of you watch the late night shows? Who is your favorite? And what do you think about Jay Leno leaving?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

He'll have it until they decide he isn't doing a good job and make Leno come back (just like with Conan). Like they said on the Today show yesterday morning I'm pretty sure Leno will be back on the air eventually with another show so I don't think much of him leaving. Honestly he's been on TV long enough, let him do what he wants to do (like play with his cars).

I'll always be a Letterman fan, I started watching him way back in grade school and have always found him to be funny (I guess I just like his sense of humor). Sadly I haven't watched it in years due to working when he's on and really not watching TV anymore. I watch Conan occasionally before work if nothing else is on but I honestly don't find him funny (though the clueless gamer videos are quite funny) I honestly do not understand why he has a show (then again I don't understand why Kimmel or Fallon have one either).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yeah, I don't know why but Letterman just never seems to hit my funny bone. He probably is hilarious at times and maybe I'm just not seeing it. lol. Then again, I can't stand Steve Carell. I think hes probably one of the unfunniest people alive, but everyone else seems to think he is a comedy genius. I could never stand watching the office.. and every movie Steve Carell is in, I now avoid. I used to love the old series "Get Smart" and I watched the movie starring him.. and I thought it was horrible. :crap: Maybe his comedy is similar to Lettermans? I just don't care much for it. lol. Everyone has their own sense of humor tho. ^_^;

I have a feeling Leno will be out of TV now. Maybe he'll actually be done with it all. I read that hes probably going to go on tour doing a stand up bit. I don't understand why. I'm surprised he doesn't retire and enjoy the rest of his life instead.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg