The Last of Us is genre-defining experience blending survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Cities are abandoned and being reclaimed by nature. Remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a young teenage girl who's braver and wiser beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Anyone else looking forward to playing "The Last of Us"? Its a PS3 exclusive. Instead of traditional zombies, "The Infected" are plaguing the world.

http://thelastofus.w...ki/The_Infected

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm bringing my gaming purchases to a close this gen. If I see a good PC bundle i'll pick it up. Ill get Bioshock Infinite for PC when Steam puts in at half price in the next couple of month. I'll probably wait for BF4 on nextgen Xbox.

It looks like a good game though.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Aside from Tomb Raider and Defiance, I was going to get Last of Us and that will end my current gen game purchases. I'm only interested in getting games digitally now. In case PS4 enables games purchased on PSN for PS4, I'll already have quite a few games for it. I'll eventually get BF4, but I'm expecting that to be a next gen game for me. I'm not interested in getting it for PS3 unless it's new game engine is such an improvement that it allows 64 players and improved graphics, which I highly doubt.

This game is a frustrating me. I played it for over an hour today.. I think I'm playing it all wrong. I spent 25 minutes clearing a room of clickers, only to get to the last 2 and one of them instant kills me. After the game reloads, I instead play more stealthy, kill only 2 of them and make it to an exit part in under 2 minutes.. I have to play this faster and stealthier.. I am not used to that. >_<

I think once I get the hang of this play style better I'll enjoy it more, but f*ck its difficult for me so far. Mostly because of the damn clickers.. they instant kill you in one bite.. f******ck.

I've read the game is very difficult, and you definitely do not have the option to brute your way through enemies. I've never played an MGS game without laying waste to everyone, so I don't think I'd like this game. XD

Thats the problem.. I was playing it like MGS. But these damn infected are relentless and there is so little ammo. Imagine playing a resident evil game with only 2 pistols, 20 bullets and you have to make your own shivs/knives that only get one use a piece. >_< So difficult.

Thats the problem.. I was playing it like MGS. But these damn infected are relentless and there is so little ammo. Imagine playing a resident evil game with only 2 pistols, 20 bullets and you have to make your own shivs/knives that only get one use a piece. >_< So difficult.

Damn.... I almost feel like buying this game now, but I rather hope it comes to PS Plus for free if it ever does.

As for MGS I always (tried) to sneak past everything. Not for the sake of being stealthy, but based on the idea IF I can have a Moral Code of my own while playing a game I should probably strive for it.

off-topic

About 2 weeks ago when Dues Ex Human Revolution came out free on PS Plus I did play by my own moral code.... But it at one point went out the window when I got frustrated with what to upgrade. I snapped & killed 2 police officers with my Augmented Arms before being gunned down in the police station.

I guess I only have a Moral Code of my own when it comes to (normal) bullets. In fact I think I may have snapped in past games. Instead of shooting whoever I was suppose to I would just pistol whip them to death. Proving once & for all bullets don't kill people; People who turn skulls into pudding kill people!

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

From what you're saying, I think you'd probably enjoy this game. I switched the game to easy and I've been able to come across more bullet drops now that I've gotten into an area called "The Woods", I'm just glad I finally have more damn bullets again. I now have 15 bullets in one gun, 5 more in another, 7 in a rifle and 2 arrows! I am ready to kill some people. But on normal, expect even less ammo... I have never played a game like this before where my character has had to literally beat people to death.. and I'm not talking 'punch, punch, kick' and the enemy is killed... no.. no... in this game you have to really pummel them into a corpse.

And always, always save a shiv/knife so you get the chance to stab a clicker in the throat to save yourself. If you don't have a shiv and a clicker gets within biting distance you are dead in one hit.

Since they'll never remake it and its highly unlikely you'll be able to play it unless you ROM it: The premise is that you're and inmate who's highly mentally unstable, this is not revealed until the end of the game, so all the monsters are figments of his imagination, and he can turn into a raging beast when you build the meter up. I guess it was an Resident Evil 1-2 type game on a Syphon Filter engine. It was pretty nerve racking without having to make the controls a miserable wreck while limiting the ammo you can find and carry.

It was also one of the first games I can ever recall where you gradually gains scars and wounds on the character model to where he looks a lot different by the end... plus the shirt got bloodier and more grungy. I never played the sequel.

I like the fact that the damage is evident on the character. Tomb Raider did very good with that in terms of her outfit, blood, etc..

In Last of Us, after a large fight, my character's face looks all busted up but the damage doesn't seem to last long.

Yeah very few games do this, And I have no idea why... Even if its dictated though predetermined character models. Racing games are the only genre to regularly use this method, but cars aren't people.... Imagine what Kratos would look like at the end of a GoW game if it computed every big strike you took. XD

Yeah very few games do this, And I have no idea why... Even if its dictated though predetermined character models. Racing games are the only genre to regularly use this method, but cars aren't people.... Imagine what Kratos would look like at the end of a GoW game if it computed every big strike you took. XD

lmao. Kratos takes basically no real damage tho. His skin is like solid iron. Even when he gets crushed under a massive weapon he shrugs it off. XD

ku-xlarge.jpg

Kotaku just posted this XD is this the jist of it? lmao.

Yes! lmao! XD I've seen her run right in front of a clicker and the clicker has to stop moving because she is blocking it's path.. I kept thinking to myself, "holy shit girl! You're going to get us killed!" but then I got used to her having no real effect on enemy detection...

But then again... she is technically infected. So maybe the other infected realize this and it makes her immune to their detection and attacks.

When we see solders, she doesn't really screw around tho.. she hides behind objects pretty good and actually keeps her flash light off at least. :P

I enjoyed the game and look forward to a sequel

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the game play, world and enemies warrant a second game.  Nothin like shiving a clicker or beating a head in with a metal pipe to relieve some stress :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Heres something interesting.. There is going to be campaign DLC for Last of Us:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/29/the-last-of-us-single-player-dlc-isnt-cut-content-its-new-content-naughty-dog-is-working-on-post-launch/

It will not be an epilogue however, instead it will be a "Side Story". There is speculation that it could be a bit of a prequel, with a Joel / Tess adventure.

I beat this game yesterday. This is a solid game. The story, voice acting, plot and writing is so good I think Naughty Dog made something they could franchise. They could honestly make this into a movie or even a series that could easily be as good as, if not better than The Walking Dead. After I beat the game I wanted more.. not necessarily killing more infected, but I wanted more story. The ending was great, but man.. I would have loved an epilogue.

I'll buy this. Its a shame the DLC isn't a completely new story considering we already know the outcome of these two. Although it will be interesting to see how Ellie survived. This DLC could be a pain for me.. when playing as Ellie in the original campaign, it was one of the hardest parts of the game. Without the ability to shiv a clicker, you had to watch yourself. At least she has an unlimited melee dagger, but still.. playing as Ellie added some difficulty.