Myk JL

Ben Croshaw (formerly ZER0 punctuation)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7053-SimCity?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

That at least sold me on the idea of getting Sim City 4.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I liked SimCity 4. The name of my city was "Rat City" I had a good time with it. I had a great airport and once I built a road to a neighboring town, I lowered my taxes and saw all their citizens rushing into my city for a quick population growth. Good times.. and then I closed those streets off and jacked my taxes into a massive punishing amount. After I sped up time, many nice neighborhoods degraded into ghettos and I then took my hordes of cash to build new monuments in my name..  and then I built up a huge mound of land just for my mansion so i could look over my kingdom. lmfao. XD

That was a good review. I liked the comparison of Steam and Origin. I run steam all the time.. but I leave origin off unless I need it for a game because my hard drive seems to constantly run its ass off when that program is open.

I wouldn't mind playing a new sim city, but I'm not really interested in having to play this online with other real people near my city.

Edited by Sledgstone
*fixes*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7206-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

Damn.... And I really wanted to buy the Lobo DLC.... I don't see the point now If I think I'm going to hate the game.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think the game looks like it will be fun, but my biggest problem with one on one fighters is the repetition. Usually the same combos and moves are always done so many times it looses interest to me or it ends up pissing me off. Like the Zeus fight scene in God of War 3. All of a sudden the game turned into a 2D one on one fighter for one battle and Zeus kept doing the same damn combo moves, wtf.

Anyway, have you seen Lobo in action? I was expecting his character to have more moves and show off some insane strength, but it seems like he mostly attacks with a chain and his gun..

The games are fun to play in person with a friend I guess.. but for me they lose luster so fast. The last MK's story mode was frustratingly awesome. Some of the fights you had to endure where absurdly difficult.. the only advantage was that it made you proficient with that character eventually... but oddly enough Shang Tsung was not one of those in the story mode, so during the challenge tower they wanted you to use him to fight Baraka, Melina, Kintaro, and Shao Khan in one life bar.. I gave up after that because in IMO Shang Tsung was one of the worst characters in the game. Once I unlocked everything in the Krypt, the game got boring to me and I quit playing it.... I'm afraid Fighting games have gone the way of racing games for me. They get stale fast.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since MK2 on SNES. lmao. XD Some of the MK games have actually perked my interest, but by the time I had the chance or money to buy another game, something new has always drawn me in.

I used to play the hell out of the multiple Street Fighter 2 incarnations.. but after a while 2D fighters just couldn't hold my attention. The last real fighter game I remember playing and enjoying was Soul Calibur 1 for Dreamcast. I still have that game too.. It was awesome at the time. ^_^

Something I forgot to mention due to me being annoyed by DC's Injustice Gods Among Us.... But for similar reasons to why Sledge played Sim City 4 I played Shadow President.

I usually lower or remove Sales Taxes & Personal Taxes then make my estimated approval rating 20%. After that I start massive wars to any country mentioned as a threat. Usually starting off with Russia, China, & Iraq once I had the maximum amount of troops I could have in the area. The approval rating for winning a war always outweighed the response for fighting the war. And my citizens would be happy despite the fact the average amount they make was $3,000. That's pretty disturbing though once there is no one else to fight the citizens will either hate you for all past wars or you'd have to raise SSI or whatever it was called to keep them happy.

I did in the past try to play it without going to war but Iraq was alway a prick that would attack no matter what. Now if only they could find out whether or not GW Bush played this they might have real proof video games cause war. Then again Shadow President was made around the time GHW Bush was president so that would probably be coincidental.

But onto a new Zero Punctuation

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7375-Metro-Last-Light?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

Damn.... I'd buy this if I didn't hear elsewhere it was buggy. I suppose if this one ever comes to a Humble Bundle I'll get it then.

PS Home (in a sense) has Dolphin Shaggers already.... It involve 2 or 3 Dolphies look like they're mating with each other.

Which also reminds me I'm thankful I never bought a 360 because of Kinectamals though I'm starting to have that urge again to do so. I feel like I should at least buy the 360 before XBone ruins Xbox. Just like Windows 8 ruined Windows. I'm now forever thankful I own Windows 7 for my next PC. Though if MS were to declare bankruptcy during Windows 8 I'm hoping someone else besides me makes a "Why was Vista afraid of 7" joke.

As for that last part I'm probably not going to buy a Next Gen Console.... Unless Steam Box turns out to be a console all along but even then I rather have a new PC instead just for the sake of Mods.

Old News

I got an Xbox 360 after E3 for the sake of Free Games. The first being Fable 3. (No longer available after last month ended.) I also bought pre-owned copies of Kinectimals, UFC Trainer, & Saints Row Double Pack. (Meaning I now own SR2 4 times, & finally own SR1.)

Beyond that I've been amused by the fact MS offended Xbox Live Gold Members When instead of releasing free Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed 2 like they showed off at E3 they released Defense Grid. (Some Xbox Arcade Game.) And even though Sony did this too at least PS Plus members get 4 or more free games a month.

Here's hoping MS doesn't screw up the next free game announcement on the 15th but either way I'll be amused.

-

Okay onto ZP

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7691-Deadpool?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

I'm glad I didn't preorder this (& that I'm currently not a Deadpool fan) as it sounds too generic.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7638-The-Last-of-Us

The smoke bombs were basically pointless. :nod:

And yes, Joel is one murderous bastard. I killed over 500 enemies in my play through. XD

Those super infected were just clickers.. yes they one hit kill you, unless you have a shiv... always have shivs... always. >_<

Old News

MS hasn't screwed up since Defense Grid when it comes to free Xbox 360 Games.

Recent News

MS Points are finally gone & I finally bought Fable 3 DLC with real money like it should've always been.

Also I beat SR4 but I'll get into a spoiler & spoiled rant in a different thread (eventually)....

Onto another episode of ZP!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7989-Pikmin-3?utm_source=videos&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

Dang.... How does Nintendo do that?..... Family Friendly Racism with the use of crap controls.... just shocking....

Because Batman Arkham Origins is stuck on my mind

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8390-Batman-Arkham-Origins

That on its own might make me question whether or not I'd buy it at all even if it was the GOTY Edition. Not that its a bad game but it sounds like I already own it thanks to Batman Arkham City.