DeathscytheX

Saints Row 4 Announced for August

Apparently Saints Row 4 will be the end of The Saints as we know them:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/82954/Next+Saints+Row+to+%22continue+in+a+different+direction%22/

Is this the end of the Saints Row series as it currently stands? The design director revealed that the series may continue, but this particular strand was concluding in the incoming game: "We're definitely considering Saints Row IV sort of the end of that saga of this character and the Saints as they are. So if there's any more future Saints Rows - which you know we always hope there will be, we hope there's fans for future games like that - they will probably continue in a different direction."

Saints Row 4 is going to conclude the storyline of the 3rd Street Saints..

This post has been promoted to an article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

As fun as this game will be, the super powers and virutal world is a little bonkers. They definitely couldn't continue this route. Super Powers are going to make vehicles useless along with most your weapons. They'll have to go back to their roots with some new characters.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

To a certain extent I'm hoping for a reboot. I'd want them to focus on various other gangs to fight like they did in SR1&2 instead of the combined gangs of SR3 as one enemy gang. Or in the case of SR4 the exciting but bizarre concept of fighting aliens.

I'm also annoyed I never got to hunt down & kill Dex, reveal that Eric Gryphon is Richard Hughes, any plausible hatred Tera has for the Saints when they joined Ultor, or the return of EDF Scout.

I also feel a bit Baffled about Benjamin King joining The 3rd Street Saints after his (former) friend Julius Little was killed by The Main Character.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I should play Saints Row 1 & 2 at some point so I can fully understand the entire plot. Rebooting Saints Row could be a good idea. I really like combat vehicles, with super powers in the upcoming game, the vehicles will probably be pointless unless they have some batman style vehicles in it.

I should play Saints Row 1 & 2 at some point so I can fully understand the entire plot. Rebooting Saints Row could be a good idea. I really like combat vehicles, with super powers in the upcoming game, the vehicles will probably be pointless unless they have some batman style vehicles in it.

You're not going to get much understanding of the plot between 2&3 as any connection requires SR2's Downloadable Content when helping Eric Gryphon might be required. Though I guess there's always the radio commercials in SR3 that can easily state this.

The only other connections between 2&3 that I remember had to do with Voodoo as mentioned during the Zombie Mission, a Septic Truck that was mentioned during Professor Genki, & the death of Jessica during a STAG speech.

As for the connections with 1&2 there is only the one dealing with how SR1 ended, a mechanic, & whoever returned from the previous. Beyond that any thing else I had found is that 3rd Street Speeches play homage to SR1 & how someone dies in a way you would have. (Though I guess that would be 2 different ways.)

There's also always the spoilers from Kia about your former homies who have died.

But ultimately I'm still left with so many questions about Dex, Dane Vogel, & Eric Gryphon that from what I can tell from SR4 may (or will) go unanswered.

Finally Saints Row 1 is only available on Xbox 360 if you can buy a preowned copy. Saints Row 1 also lacks mission checkpoints so if you fail you start back at the beginning. And be prepared to earn respect before advancing the story in either Saint Row 1 or 2 if you buy them.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Thanks for all the info. :tup:

I wish they would have gone into some more back story about Johnny Gat in Saints Row the third.. Aside from the beginning were he dies saving the character and Shaundi, the game doesn't go into much detail at all about who he was or why he was pivotal member of the Saints.

Thanks for all the info. :tup:

I wish they would have gone into some more back story about Johnny Gat in Saints Row the third.. Aside from the beginning were he dies saving the character and Shaundi, the game doesn't go into much detail at all about who he was or why he was pivotal member of the Saints.

A chunk of Johnny Gat's back story is mentioned in SR3. First part being when Pierce asked The Main Character during the mission where you modify a car & buy clothes. (This also implies that Pierce wasn't in SR1 since he wasn't) Another time in the disc locked content The Trouble With Clones. And a final bit of information from the radio commercial about Aisha.

But to basically sum all those up as already mentioned in SR3 in SR1 Gat was in charge of taking out The Vice Kings which also helped him fake Aisha's Death. Then is SR2 Aisha was killed off by The Ronin. Gat later gets his revenge on one of the leader's Shogo. (Though his clone Johnny Tag doesn't know this.) From what was of him in SR3 Gat was a lot less violent then he was in SR1&2.

Pure coincidence both The Vice Kings & The Ronin wear Yellow.

Some other things to note about Pierce & Shaundi.

Pierce mentioned the last time a big naked dude said he could help him it did not end well when first confronting Oleg. Assuming he didn't go to jail between 2&3 this would also be the same time he met Gat in prison. (Though I rather not spoil why Gat was in prison during SR2.)

The whole thing about there being 2 Shaundis' in SR4 is referencing back to how she looked & acted when she first appeared in SR2.

And now I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed since....

I was starting to think I was going find out what caused Shaundi to change so much between 2 & 3 with how she was acting to Gat's death. She pretty much had nothing go on between Gat & her in SR2. Then by SR3 she had changed drastically & even more so after Gat's death.

Between 2&3 I can currently only assume that Shaundi tried to fill in the hole in Gat's life that was caused by Aisha's death. Only to be turned down. So what does Shaundi do? Same thing she was doing prior to Aisha's death, sleeping with various men. Only this time around she's looking for her "Partner In Crime". And in the process becomes even more angry with who she can't have. Or so I've assumed what happened between 2&3....

Now I'm hoping that I'm wrong since its going to be awkward with Gat back from the dead.... Damn now I want Carlos back....

Maybe Gat isn't actually alive? If they are all in a matrix style system, maybe they created a new virtual Gat based off their memories?

Then again, there were hints in SR3 that Gat might have still been alive.

Interesting about Shaundi. I just assumed she had a thing with Gat in SR2 which was why she seemed like the most pissed off when he died or whenever he was mentioned.

How is this game? Anyone playing / enjoying it yet? Any major differences in terms of game play compared to SR3? Still have a cell phone menu to call in backup?

I'm playing it / enjoying it.

Your health doesn't automatically regenerate when near enemies. In that situation the easiest way to regain health is by killing the enemies. The Chop Shop version in this game rewards you with the vehicle you've stolen (None of them are customizable but they look awesome.) Some perks in Respect & Super Power Menu won't unlock until certain things are done. (Which is annoying since I wanted to turn on the collectible finder now instead of later.)

You don't have a cell phone anymore but you still have the menu.