DeathscytheX

Saints Row 4 Announced for August

Saints Row is back and now with superpowers. Check out the trailer for Saints Row 4.

Official Press release from Deep Silver who took the property from the now defunct THQ

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Save the world, Saints Style.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

One of the (2nd to) last Video Games I'm getting for my PS3. (The other one being Skyrim GOTY / Ultimate.)

Based on the graphics I hope this means I can use my Cheshire Cat Woman from Saints Row The Third.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

So it sounds like the Saints are sucked into the Matrix? If it plays anything like Saints Row the third, it'll be fun game. :tup:

It sound that way mainly because the spin off "Saints Row The Third: Enter The Dominatrix" was canceled & made a part of Saints Row 4 before THQ went bankrupt. If it weren't for that we would've gotten a $30 Saints Row game last year.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I did not know that. It must have been too big of a project to have been included in all the other Saints Row The Third DLC. It definitely looks like its running the same game engine except with improved graphics and all those super power extra features.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I did not know that. It must have been too big of a project to have been included in all the other Saints Row The Third DLC. It definitely looks like its running the same game engine except with improved graphics and all those super power extra features.

Actually Saints Row The Third Enter The Dominatrix was only intended as an April Fool's Joke, but the joke I guess backfired when fans actually wanted it. Furthermore Saints Row The Third's DLC was Disc Locked Content instead of Downloadable Content so it could be they didn't make Enter The Dominatrix till after Saints Row The Third was already in stores.

Decide What You Want in The Saints Row IV Collector's Edition

At least they're asking here.

Here's how I answered.

1. Saints Row T-shirt - "Department of Homeland Saintcurity" ○ HELL NO! I hate T-Shirts
  2. Saints Presidential campaign gear (Pins, hats, Saint Car Flags) ○ Do not really want As long as it says 2013
  3. Voice augmentation device / auto-tune device ○ Do not really want I have no idea what that is
  4. Pierce, Shaundi, or other Saint Figurine ○ AWWWW YEAH! I want Shaundi....
  5. Presidential Briefcase with kinky handcuff and key ○ Meh Lost me at Kinky Handcuffs.
  6. Dubstep Doomsday Button ○ Meh I'm stumped on what they mean by Button
  7. Functional (not deadly!) in-game weapon replica ○ Do not really want Sounds like a plastic toy.
  8. Johnny Gat Memorial Statue ○ AWWWW YEAH! He will be missed
  9. Saint's Bazooka themed Poster Tube ○ Do not really want Doesn't differ much from 7
  10. "Eagle Jet" RC Helicopter ○ Meh I play video games. Why would I want an RC anything?
  11. Tie and Tie Bar, Money Clip ○ HELL NO! I don't wear such things
  12. Sealed Classified Book with Artwork (Concept Art Book) ○ HELL NO! I could careless for in game art books
  13. Steelbook ○ Do not really want It would look kinda neat though
  14. White House "Security" download card ○ This could be cool Assuming it involves Downloadable Content
  15. President Seal and/or Coin ○ This could be cool As long as its bigger than JFK Half Dollar
  16. Cloth World Map ○ HELL NO! I don't need maps outside of the in game maps
  17. Saint Belt Buckle ○ This could be cool I would need a new belt
  18. Wood Cigar box ○ HELL NO! I don't smoke.
  19. Ridiculously amazing glass display case with lights? ○ Do not really want I'm just going to put SR4 next to my other games.

After that I put down only PS3 since when I get it for PC it'll be on Steam.

I bought 0 Collector's in 2012, but that's only because there hasn't been a I've really wanted since 2011.

Single Player is the life for me though this should've been a check mark question as I have played Co Op with friends after I've completed the story.

I am a True Saint.... Well I own SR2 3 times on Blu-Ray, PS+, & Steam. Then I own SR3 3 times twice on Blu-Ray since one is The Full Package, & Steam through Humble Bundle. I've considered the idea of wearing Purple on All Saints Day.

It looks like a blast, and I will get it regardless... but after you obtain super powers, cars and weapons seen like a moot point.... Although his Character is on max specs in that video where he has infinite everything... I remember maxing my character out pretty much abourth 4/5ths through the game. I became invincible to bullets about 3/4ths the way through and invulnerable all around shortly after... only time limits could end my missions in failure.

It looks like a blast, and I will get it regardless... but after you obtain super powers, cars and weapons seen like a moot point.... Although his Character is on max specs in that video where he has infinite everything... I remember maxing my character out pretty much abourth 4/5ths through the game. I became invincible to bullets about 3/4ths the way through and invulnerable all around shortly after... only time limits could end my missions in failure.

If they were to bring back the Genki Gun & Shark Gun I'd probably end up using those more than the super powers shown so far. I also liked pulling armed robberies with the RC Gun since it posed no threat to clerks.

I only ended up stealing only 3 or 4 cars in SR3 due to the fact I relied mainly on other vehicles I was rewarded or bought via DLC.

I've replayed SR3 a lot mainly because I bought the Vampire DLC. If I remember correctly I could still die in vehicle explosions. That & apparently only melee weapons could've harmed me. I want to finish one last play through of SR3 but haven't gotten to it yet due to laziness.

If they were to bring back the Genki Gun & Shark Gun I'd probably end up using those more than the super powers shown so far. I also liked pulling armed robberies with the RC Gun since it posed no threat to clerks.

I only ended up stealing only 3 or 4 cars in SR3 due to the fact I relied mainly on other vehicles I was rewarded or bought via DLC.

I've replayed SR3 a lot mainly because I bought the Vampire DLC. If I remember correctly I could still die in vehicle explosions. That & apparently only melee weapons could've harmed me. I want to finish one last play through of SR3 but haven't gotten to it yet due to laziness.

Yeah they could, but the penalty wasn't harsh, you just ended up at the nearest checkpoint... but it did screw up the missions if you died in a vehicle explosions. I never bought the DLC... I didn't really stray from the Wraith and its counterpartbike as far as land vehicles go once I got those. I made some funky customs for when I plaid with friends... but once i got the V-TOL it was pretty much all I used besides the STAG Hoverbike.

XD

I like the vampire DLC, but it feels like cheating. :P

That was (one of) the only DLC in SR3 that wasn't in The Full Package version.

Also another video about SR4.

Senior Producer Jim Boone from Volition will show you how the leader of the Saints AKA the self-proclaimed "Patron Saint of America" encounters the alien overlord Zinyak for the first time and how he deals with an alien invasion in the White House - Saints Row style. In the second part of the video Jim presents more open world mayhem, including new weapons like the Blackhole Launcher, a move called "Death From Above" and an all-new experience by Professor Genki himself called Mind Over Murder.

I want to play this game. :D

This post has been promoted to an article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg