Kite

The Walking Dead episode discussion

This weeks episode in my opinion was one of the best, It could be considered a filler episode, but is had some nice character development

I dont get how he became so cold towards the hitch-hiker, considering he begged Hershel to take them in, now he wont help anyone else. what happened to strength in numbers, couldnt help but feel really bad for the guy, 

Running into Morgan was interesting, I dont blame him for his insanity, but surely life joining rick must be better then what he has

I thought his traps were pretty smart, the walkers basicly impaled them selves

I dont know who Michone teleported in and out in 2 seconds, but She is a very likeable character, and the Carl was just as obnoxious as ever, 

the worlds filled with walkers and he wanted to walk off alone.

looking forward to next weeks

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Fuck you dude, but we'll stop and grab your back pack after you're road smear lmfao! No but seriously it doesn't take the zombie apocalypse for a woman to keep driving past a screaming dude. It's hard that they're all so cold about it but they have to fight the living now too, everyone new is a potential threat.

An episode without Daryl.... I'd riot but there was enough Michonne to make up for it. She made Carl stay put! Dahahaha that's a first!

Morgan talking about how his son died ripped my heart out :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

This was a great episode. I thought they would stop for the hitchhiker. Maybe they skipped him because they only want strength now and that guy was screaming for help. I think Rick's freakout was horrible timing with Tyrese's group, they could have been strong allies. Strength in numbers is good, but compared to the woodbury group, team prison has some serious experience at killing walkers, humans and being brutal when they need too. Out of all the Woodbury people, they have maybe the same number of people in the Prison group in terms of effectiveness, the other 40 people or so are just cannon fodder.

Seeing Morgan again was surprising. He made Rick look completely sane. Morgan would keep screaming "I don't know you!" and I didn't get it at first, but as the episode progressed it dawned on me that it was his mental coping mechanism.. he couldn't bring himself to kill his wife and he never did. Once she killed his son, its like he mentally snapped and all his restrictions went down. Instead of not being able to kill his wife, he would just tell himself he didn't know her, just like he didn't know his son when he'd have had to put a bullet in his head too.. then when he sees Rick, he didn't know him either. Everyone was the enemy. Walker, human, it didn't matter. Looking at his map, he kept writing "Clear" for when he apparently cleared an area.. whether there was zombie or human.. he has been clearing a huge area. If he could come back from his insanity, he'd be a trump card on the team.

His traps were brilliant. Just as effective as the Woodbury sound traps. It was very creative to see Michonne roll some rat cages into a room as walker bait to lure them away from their path.

Maybe Carl doesn't care if he dies or not. I don't think any of them really care anymore deep down. When those walkers swarmed their car when it was stuck in the mud, all three of them were completely calm. If anything they looked annoyed and not the least bit worried. I think that shows extreme confidence in their own abilities, but Carl's age is his weakness. He has that confidence like everyone else, but not the sense to be more careful about it.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Cool episode that. I prefer this season over the last season and that dumb Governor shit. Here he's portrayed much sinister~ish and menacing. Last season, I just wasn't feeling a bad vibe from him, either bad acting or bad script. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

It makes me wonder how the people of Woodbury would react if they knew exactly what the Governor was like compared to how he portrays himself. If the majority of them are like Andrea, then the governor is really wasting time with his social game and he might as well get these people ready to be an army.

I think Andrea is in a hard place,

the world is a living hell, and woodbury seems like a safe heaven. 

Looking at the next best thing being huddled by a fire in a rickety prison, she would want to bring Rick and the crew to live at woodbury, 

I dont get how woodbury is safe, 

Walkers are attracted to noise and smell.

There plenty loud at woodbury, fortified walls wont hold against a herd

sigpic1620_11.gif

I'd probably would have passed up the guy too. You really can't trust anyone at this point with the Governor out there. Who's to say that wasn't a trap? It wasn't but the possibility was there, and with the current state of paranoia I think it was justifiable.

I felt bad for Morgan, its sad that his own reluctance ended up costing him his son. I was hoping Rick would be able to talk some sense into him, hopefully we will see him again down the line. 

I liked how they built up the level up trust between Michonne and Carl/Rick. This was much needed.

Rick and Carl need to be cold on the inside for the up coming battle with Woodbury. The Governor is ruthless, and with Michonne already there, along with Daryl and Meryl's muscle they'll be more than a match than the barely trained inhabitants.  

I'm wondering how Tyrese is going to play out. I hope he ends up back on the right side of things, I really don't care for the rest of his group after they contemplated taking out the group while Rick and the rest were away.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think Andrea is in a hard place,

the world is a living hell, and woodbury seems like a safe heaven. 

Looking at the next best thing being huddled by a fire in a rickety prison, she would want to bring Rick and the crew to live at woodbury, 

I dont get how woodbury is safe, 

Walkers are attracted to noise and smell.

There plenty loud at woodbury, fortified walls wont hold against a herd

I don't think Woodbury would be safe against a giant heard. Like the one that took out the farm.. I would think the zombies would eventually over run the walls at the weak points. I think the chain link fence of the prison would probably stop a massive heard like that because it would be a reinforced fence and could probably take the constant pushing against it.. but with the primary fence being busted, that prison could be screwed if more zombies flood in there.. they'll get bottled in and block their exit.

I think the only reason Woodbury is safe is because of those zombie experiments the governor had whatshisface doing. They had sound traps on the outer edges of their territory. Large pits with nets and a large, loud solar paneled rotating metal thing in the middle. They only had one episode they showed it in. It was when Meryl was out getting new zombies for the experiments and zombie entertainment battle. But if they had quite a few of these traps, like at least 4 making a perimeter around the town, then that could be a very good defense against the zombies. As long as they went out at least once a week to haul the zombies up, spike them in the head, burn the bodies and reset the trap, then it could be manageable. Obviously they don't have enough of these traps, or zombies still ignore it because they still get quite a few heading right towards their main gates. Which doesn't make much sense to me.. It looks like most of the edges of their town consists of boarded up houses. Aside from the main gate and the rear, you'd think some zombies would eventually bust through a rotted piece of wall, especially since the sides of the town aren't even being monitored.

What they should do is take a hint from Michonne and chain up a bunch of of de-limbed and de-teethed zombies all along the outer edge of the walls. But they'd have to mark them somehow or have them in cages because then there would be the possibility of a dangerous zombie being mistaken as one of their decoys.

The only one who wants a bloodbath is ol' one eye. Rick's group would slaughter anyone that came at them because they know they have to in order to continue to exist. Woodberry is full of incompetent fucks. If Michonne drove a truck of walkers into the center of town it would be party the fuck over yo.  The smart thing would be for Andrea to take out one eye and usurp his throne...erm I mean take over running the town.

I'm looking forward to the war pwned

PS Hey Daryl, how stale was that cigarette? >_<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Why Rick didn't kill him instantly is beyond me, he has killed for far less... (2 guys in the bar last season)

Yes.. Seriously, I was thinking the same thing. I was waiting for him to kill the governor at any moment, but nothing. Rick really is unstable. He doesn't even murder like he used to.

I would have put a .357 through his face as soon as I saw him. Instead, they drank whiskey and talked about nothing. meh. It was definitely a filler episode, if the extended Glenn/Maggie sex scene didn't cue you to that fact. That meeting could have taken up only 10 minutes of the episode and they could have gone on to other things IMO.

Andrea had her chance to kill the governor a couple of times now. She should have taken him out. She only has herself to blame for the situation she is in now. And once again.. just like Michone, Andrea leaves out the details when she talks to people. She could have easily said more to Tyrese and whatshername as she was leaving Woodbury. Just a few more details and so many different things could have happened.

I think Tyrese is in the same position as Michone was when her and Andrea first made it into Woodbury. Michone thought something isn't right but Andrea was determined to stay because of the safety. That idiot guy Tyrese is with is his Andrea.. trying to keep them there and anchor down. They should have left. Its all Rick's fault in the end tho.. his meltdown happened at the worst time with those guys.

It looks like it was Milton that burned down those walkers. I have a feeling he won't make it to season 4.

I couldnt help but to think the show should be called, The Walking Dead Ninja's

Seriously, they appear out of no where, 

Considering they dont run, extremely clumsy, and have a constant wheezing noise and must smell really bad, why do they appear out of thin air

Last episode when the car got stuck in the mud, BHAM, 10 walkers swarm the car like they where hiding in camo

todays ep, randomly appearing in the woods the second she closed her eyes... not 1 but 3 or 4

In the building, why were there so many walkers just floating about, and again appearing out of no where 2ft from the characters when ever they seem to let there guard down

and seriously, The Governer being zerged by that many walkers, We knew he would survive, even though the odds were impossible. Instead of being bitten or even scratched, he learned there ninja abilities.

he knew exactly where Andea was going and managed to catch up with her and lie in wait in the exact spot she used....

Why Andrea did not steal his car is beyond me..... 

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

she couldn't risk the shot when he grabbed the gun cuz if she missed they would have been caught there and probably killed for trying to off the gov

the whole psycho stalking chase Andrea with a truck was fuckin awesome scary. I woulda hurried right through the place found the back door and kept going. I dunno why she dint steal the truck either, but she did exactly what I woulda done with the biters and the door mwahahahaha I love how at the end Milton was all *fuck you* about the burned up zombies. Nice to see he found some stones :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I couldnt help but to think the show should be called, The Walking Dead Ninja's

Seriously, they appear out of no where, 

Considering they dont run, extremely clumsy, and have a constant wheezing noise and must smell really bad, why do they appear out of thin air

Last episode when the car got stuck in the mud, BHAM, 10 walkers swarm the car like they where hiding in camo

todays ep, randomly appearing in the woods the second she closed her eyes... not 1 but 3 or 4

In the building, why were there so many walkers just floating about, and again appearing out of no where 2ft from the characters when ever they seem to let there guard down

and seriously, The Governer being zerged by that many walkers, We knew he would survive, even though the odds were impossible. Instead of being bitten or even scratched, he learned there ninja abilities.

he knew exactly where Andea was going and managed to catch up with her and lie in wait in the exact spot she used....

Why Andrea did not steal his car is beyond me..... 

That is one the best posts I've read. lmfao. XD

She should have taken his truck, but hes a smart guy. He probably didn't leave the keys in the ignition. But its enough common sense that they should have shown the truck. Maybe it was on the other side of the building near the door the governor could have escaped from or maybe it had walkers blocking around it.

lmao, he is a ninja. Theres no way in hell he should have survived that rush. Hell, it would have been an interesting scene just to see how he survived that.

That Martinez guy needs to get killed off or he'll end up the new governor. I expect a lot of Woodbury people to die in the season finale. Seeing as they barely show any of them outside of the handful of main Woodbury characters, they must be preparing the audience for a Woodbury bloodbath of random numberless humans that have never even been in an episode getting killed off.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/17/the-walking-dead-finale-27-characters-to-die/

27 People will die at the end of this season.. wow. They are certainly doing some roster clean up.

Thinking about it: Rick, Carl, Merle, Daryl, and Machonne are all safe, with Merle being the most likely to get the ax of this group. I don't think that will be the case since they brought him back for this season. These are the most battle hardened core of the Prison group. They are the biggest assets to keeping everyone safe.

Characters that likely survive but wouldn't be a surprised if they were killed: Tyreese, Glenn, Maggie, Beth, Judith. Glenn, Tyreese, and Maggie are the strongest candidates for survival... sentiment aside the rest are a burden to the group when it comes to situations like these... It would really be a waste to kill off Tyreese when you just introduced him midway though the season for some half-assed attempt at fanfare for the graphic novel readers. But his gullible nature isn't boding well for him, and how can you go back to Rick's group after his outburst?

Likely characters that will die: Governor, Martinez, Milton, Carol, Tyreese's group, Hershel. Hershel's leg is a huge disadvantage, I'd hate to see it, but I think he may be the most likely of these to get killed outside of the Governor. Like Judith, he is a burden to the group when on the run. For this conflict to end Martinez would likely need to die along with the Governor, unless they try to use that little scene between Daryl and Himself to call a truce after realizing all this bloodshed isn't worth dying over. The only thing that would stop Martinez from being killed is Milton dying. Someone has to pick up the trash and handle Woodbury in the aftermath. There are 34 residents, so even if the Prison group didnt lose a single person, they would still be some left, and I doubt they will be adopted by Rick. One of these two characters may live, but not both. Carol is a horrible shot and has seen a massively reduced roll this season its just a hunch... Tyreese's group will likely not make the cut. That's too many people to join the prison group. Allen and Ben are being pushed as unlikeable characters, His wife may survive, but I doubt it.

Characters that should die, but most likely will not: Andrea... Yeah they'll probably keep her around, and to make us hate her even more as if she hasn't screwed up enough stuff, Milton will probably save her life at the cost of his own... I also fear that she will be the one that gets to kill the Governor after shes already had ample time to do so. This will also mean that the whole damn fiasco could have been avoided in the 1st place. But Hey, maybe all is not lost.... maybe Milton and Martinez both die and she has to stay there to lead woodbury as Rick and his gang go on their merry way never to see her annoying ass again. We can only hope.

I think Daryl will live.. he has a crap load of fans on twitter. There might be a big outrage if he gets killed off. Along with the possible end of the Woodbury / Prison conflict, what new plot twist or new plot / goals will there be to draw fans back for the next season?

Out of all those deaths, I'm sure most will be the Woodbury residents. If anything I could see Woodbury being over-ridden by walkers and whatever survivors are left will run off not to be seen again. But I'm sure they'll kill off at least one of team Prison. Aside from Hershel the biggest liability to Rick's group is the baby.. and if the baby dies in some cross fire or some renegade walker in the middle of the fighting, I have a feeling Rick will go on a murder spree.

Hershal and the baby will hold them back

Logistically they will be kept alive, it would be to hard to film if the survivors kept going area to area, I think each season they will find a new base to go. Having people like Hershal and the baby means the survivors must stay still and quiet at night and remain in a safe location, which is easier to film. Otherwise Im sure Rick and co would high tail it cross country looking for military bases

I bet woodbury gets overrun during the battle, and the prisons fences are compromised during the battle forcing Rick to move on

sigpic1620_11.gif

I think that last batch of walkers that got burned up would have been used just like the first attack on the prison. Except with the first fence out of the way, they could rush it thru the second fence, release walkers in there and then the prison would be completely lost.