Kite

Star Wars: TCW discussion (spoilers)

Anyone been keeping up to date with this show.

Season 1 / tv movie started rather kiddish, Obi Wan having tea mid battle feigning surrender to delay for reinforcements, Ashoka saving Annakin calling him sky guy to appeal to kids 

soon after it was necks being snapped, light sabres through the chest, cold blood executions, betrayals. force chokes etc 

The show realised its audience was older and shifted to make it more violent then the movies ;p

The latest season started slow, the Younglings was dragged out, but it was a valid part of the overall war, The Jedi still needed to raise younglings even in times of war.

Darth mauls return was disappointing, yes he is a shell of his former self, but I expected more brute force tatics then politics from him

lastly, Ashoka's trial

She was obviously set up, what pissed me off most was how the council in all there vast wisdom went with circumstancial evidence and kick her out the order, 

Also why didn't any of them sense the dark side in there own temple. even faint that barras might have been, The temple is the personification of the Jedi order and the light, A master like Sidious could hide, but not a disillusioned padawan

Annakins fight with Barras was decent, you saw annakins anger boil over for a second. which was cool, WIth all tragic heroes, you can justify the things they do until it becomes to easy, Annakin force choked a few people lately, which is very un-jedi of him :-)

/my 2 cents on the latest season,

Not sure if there will be another season, but they managed to write off Ashoka to make it fit for revenge of the sith. 

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

My brother is current on this show, but unfortunately I'm all over the place with this series. Every time I finally catch an episode I'm completely lost because I've missed so many. I have seen a couple of the recent episodes and I saw where Darth Maul has returned and killed the Madalorian leader.. I need to watch this series from the beginning. I wish netflix would add it already.

I was first put off by the series because of its kid oriented style.. but after watching the series off and on, I've seen them do quite a few brutal lightsaber killings which has surprised the hell out of me. I'm hoping the series gets renewed again. It does look like Disney will renew the series, but on their own channel.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I hope they do renew it, the toy potential is huge,

however the direction it is now is very adult / mature viewer orientated,

there is no blood, but thats because light sabres and blasters cauterize wounds ;p

Disney screwed spiderman but cancelling Spectacular spider man and rebooting it to kids hell on tv ultimate spiderman. If they keep SW:TCW i worry they will tone it down to crap.

I would recomend watching the show start to end, it is called The Clone wars, many episodes wont have Annakin in, many do, but it is about the war, 

Cad Bane really ups the ante in brutality.

The one thing I believe the show has gotten wrong is Annakin, He is far more grounded and respected in this then Revenge, 

I dont have anything against him in Revenge, He was frustrated at being treated almost like a child.

In the series, he is basicly the republics best weapon, 

Fearless leader, loved by his men, feared by his enemies, Has a dedicated padawan and overall go to guy for the jedi order

You see the dark side in him, but it comes from a place we understand, Also he is very wise and seems overall too difference from his film counter part

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I hope they don't screw over TCW like they did with ultimate spiderman. That show is horrible. I think you're right about the shows target audience being more adult themed now. My brother has most of the series on DVD and his kids aren't that interested in watching it with him now. Probably because the show has a good plot and isn't random episodes like most cartoons (adventure time, regular show, etc.). It almost makes me think they were wrong in the animation style they chose for the show.. not necessarily the 3d cg style, but the cartoony way the characters were designed.

It looks like they are trying to change that with the newer characters introduced. Darth Maul looks very similar to how he was in the movies, but the rest of the characters seem to be set in stone because of how they were stylized in the first season.

The original characters have more noticeable hard lines and more squared eyebrows, jaws, etc.. the newer characters are more defined. I think they'd be better off updating the character designs for a potential new season.

post-1-0-00289700-1362276654_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-14262800-1362276651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sledgstone
*added a couple extra sentences*

omfg. That sucks.

I saw the clips for star war detours. wtf.

I blame crap shows like Spongebob that set a precedent in children's entertainment. The new precedent includes pointless episodes that don't tie into a large plot, spastic quickly changing scenes.. crap.