"Based on a true story, 'The Conjuring' tells the horrifying tale of how world-renowned paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were called upon to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse."

This is one of the few trailers I've seen over the years that actually have a good "Fear Factor" to it. The unknown malicious entity, the use of light and shadows that create a great environment for scaring the crap out of you.. yes, I'll watch this.

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Question is will you watch it in a theater, the way it's supposed to be enjoyed? I will. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Horror movies don't scare me. I don't jump or yell... but I do enjoy them.

I just got back from seeing this, and I liked it. The apparitions are pretty generic, and the 70's style T.A.P.S. set up was pretty cool. It has your classic false alarm moments but doesn't really offer anything new to the genre.

If you like horror flicks, its worth seeing. Its not one of those crappy movies... I think absence of hot 20-30 year old girls posing as teenagers along with  a token musclehead douche bag and loser nice guy have something to do with it. Basing it off a true story helps prevent those types of things...

I think the Evil Dead remake was better.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

There is a shaky cam scene, but Its only a scene. They take a lot of things from various aspects of paranormal investigations and apply them. If you have Carmike theaters up there, Its worth seeing on Stimulus Tuesday or during Super Bargain Matinee.

The only movie theaters near me are Regal. The prices seem to vary there. It looks like morning / afternoon tickets are $9 and late afternoon evenings are $11. I hardly go out to the theaters anymore. I usually see movies when they come out on bluray/dvd. :\

Wow... Normal prices now here are $10.50 for late showing and $6-7 for early showing... just 5 years ago it was $7 and $4.50 respectively... And that was before they started showing TV commercials before the trailers wtf?

Anyways, the industry took a big hit here... you have to buy your tickets at the concession stands now because they can only afford to pay people to work the ticket stands on Fridays and Saturdays. We now have "Stimulus Tuesdays" in which movies are $5 all day and popcorn and a drink is $2. And then "Super Bargain Matinee"  is $5 for a movie that start time falls in the window of 4-5:30.

Thats the kind of prices I was paying in central ohio over a decade ago. Movies were cheap to watch. I could go out any afternoon and watch almost any movie during the 4-5 starting time for $5 at 4 different theaters.

Where I live now the closest theater that is worth a damn (studio seating) is a 30 minute drive from my house and its on the 3rd floor of a massive mall.

Are there still theaters with non-studio seating? O_O I remember in the 80s and 90s when some ass with big hair or someone that was 7ft tall would sit in front of me. I'd have to enjoy my films with a silhouette of a head blocking a portion of the screen. They'd never be still either. Every time I'd tilt my head, they would too. -_-;

Yep.

https://plus.google.com/118237136691579508350/about?hl=en

Worst theater ever. I didn't know any better and watched the first lord of the rings movie there.. the subtitles were blocked by ever head in the place. As soon as subs started, everyone's heads in the entire audience moved like white water rapids trying to get a glimpse of wtf the elf woman was saying. -_-;

Doesn't disappoint at all, I had a blast. Check it out. There's nothing new to the table but it's low on CG and well-made. Good tense moments. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.