DeathscytheX

Sony announces PS4, here is the controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irq7oTnvfqE

Here is the reveal.

Lightbar? Sounds like Wii... Watching the "Demos" I'm reminded how Sony prerendered all the trailers during the PS3 announcements, not notably Killzone 2... and here we go again with a Killzone trailer... Its hard for me to trust and It honestly looks no better than the Killzone 2 trailer back in 2005/2006.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

As of today (Or Technically Last Wednesday) I'm done spending money on PS Home.

I honestly don't like that controller.

And my future whether long or short will be in PC Gaming.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Its a mousepad / touchpad. I thought it was going to be some kind of touch screen. The new specs for the PS4 look good, but many of the new features don't really appeal to me except for the ustreaming. Being able to stream my games so others can watch sounds like it will be easy to show off some gameplay. But if its anything like the Call of Duty Black ops 2 streaming, my upload rate is too slow to even allow streaming, so that seems like a pointless feature for me unless I pay for better internet.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't like how they are ripping off the Wii U with the ability to play all the PS4 games on the PS Vita. And even though they emphasized how game developers will be able to take advantage of multiple platforms to incorporate their game design into (PS4, cell phone application, Social, internet, PS Vita, etc.) I don't really see many game developers putting too many features into this except for probably the social part. If you thought getting game invites on facebook were bad when it was only zynga games, now imagine all the game requests from your PS4 buddies. :wtf:

I can see MS doing something similar, but I kinda hope just to see your XBL account transfer into the new system and have all your XBLA games in your library. I don't really care about Backwards compatibility of my old hard copies, because I don't have that many, but it shouldn't be hard to make an emulator that plays XBLA games. I def will play Limbo again in the future.

Did Sony mention anything about accessing the PS3 accounts on PS4?

One thing I found interesting is that Diablo III and Destiny will both be lauched for PS3 and PS4. Its pretty surprising that these games are being made for both systems. I wonder if they will both come out for the Xbox 360 and Xbox 720 as well.

They will, and they will also receive their own "exclusive content". With as much flak as D3 has recieved for its lack of endgame... which I haven't played the game since a little after I beat it the first time. Its surprising that this will be released on consoles without a solution to that issue. Its bad enough you can level up almost completely through the second play through, and have no way to become stronger versus more difficult champion enemies... especially since there are 2 more play throughs of difficulty afterwards. For ranged characters its feasible but with a barbarian its impossible.

It looks to me that PS online will be canned for PS world. I doubt your account will be transferred. PS online alone is archaic compared to XBL. Jumping from that platform to a far more advanced platform doesn't seem like it would translate very well..

Wow, I'm severely underwhelmed by this announcement (or the little bit I watched). Why would you announce a console without actually showing the console or the prototype console at least? It makes no sense and that controller is retarded (I almost like the idea of the touchscreen better, almost). I'm slightly happy I stopped supporting Sony when the PS3 came out (I'd still like a PS3 mind you but only for like 3 or 4 games). With this announcement I fear what MS has in store for the new Xbox. I might be with Myk and just stick to PC gaming.

Destiny has already been a confirmed game for the 360 and its predecessor since info was leaked a few months ago. As DX said I'm sure there will be console exclusives for the titles content wise to try and draw players to one side or the other.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of D3. Blizzard has dropped the ball big time with it and I highly doubt a console version will be worth buying (I only base this on the small amount of time I've played the game, I still haven't beaten it yet. Mostly because my internet keeps kicking me and since Blizz had to be retarded with the whole constant internet connection I've just given up hope playing it). Considering WoW has been Blizzard's priority since it came out (and since it's the money making whore that it is) I doubt you'll see anything Blizzard promised for the game anytime soon (PvP anyone, I think that was supposed to be put in months ago yet it's sadly still missing).

I would expect MS to move our profiles over to the new live when it's released. They did it with the original live accounts for the original Xbox so I expect the same here. If not I'll be extremely pissed considering how many arcade games and downloaded titles I've bought.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I've got about 8 games and dlc purchased thru PSN. If I'd be able to stream play old PS3 games, I wonder if I'd be able to play BF3 on the PS4 without having to repurchase the game and BF3 premium. It'd be quite bullshit if they expect me to repurchase games I've already bought just to access them on a different console. At least with PC I can keep all my games.

I think the PS4 is trying to separate itself from PC gaming by having a weird controller, game streaming, ustreaming, social, etc. I have no interest is connecting any console into a facebook account and I have no interest in using my real name for everything. x_x

Imagine if Steam used game streaming. Think about the catalog of games the millions of people own. Every one of those games must be downloaded and installed to play. Imagine if any of the hundred games in your steam library required no game download and instead you could just click and play while Steam's servers do all the work. That Playstation Cloud must be one hell of a beastly setup, because I really don't see how it can be feasible to stream massive game libraries like that on demand. I'm guessing they have it all figured out tho or they wouldn't be offering it. I feel bad for those poor bastards in the cities that have capped internet downloads. With PS4, unlimited internet usage and good high speed internet is a must.

http://www.thescoreonline.com/six-problems-with-todays-playstation-4-briefing/

Sony failed to address the major “elephant in the room” – the fact that their online network is second-rate compared to Microsoft’s Xbox Live. Worse performance, worse features, worse everything.

They should’ve come right out, acknowledged they have ground to re-gain, and announced a major new investment into their online network infrastructure that would allow it to rival or surpass Xbox Live in the next generation of consoles. Instead, they talked up integration with social media and a “Remote Play” option which no one will likely care about.

So when you’re lagging out of games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 on the PS4′s PlayStation Network, perhaps you can tweet about it a little easier than before.

http://kotaku.com/5985824

Sounds like excuses to me.

PS3 threw their lot in and failed, they either were being too cautious or they just don't have everything in place and tried to show up to the game too early. Microsoft now has the prime opportunity to show them up big time. They'll have their console on display, They'll have realtime gameplay, and they will emphasize console abilities that the Xbox has, that PS4 won't have... or maybe it will, but it wont matter because like the "low information voter" the "low information buyer" will hear it from MS first after not hearing it from Sony and associate the difference from there. We might even see Illumiroom.

Few things I expect at the unveiling of Xbox
-A console with its modified controller that has a good D-pad
- D3/Destiny and any game the PS4 put on display not made by an in-studio developer
-People on stage actually playing the game in real time instead of rendered videos
-Call of Duty Next Gen, MS keeps its timed exclusives

Possible bombshells

-Battlefield 4

apparently gamestop employee's got to see it in action recently, it has playable content, I think we'll have to wait for a separate event like E3 to see it though as BF has always been a PC first game.

-MGS: Zero Grounds comes to MS first
Hideo Kojima has been loyal to playstation for years, Metal Gear Rising changes that this year.

-Respawn Entertainment's Debut game
http://www.1up.com/news/respawn-debut-game-speculation

I'm looking forward to seeing what Battlefield 4 will be like on PC compared to consoles. It'll probably be a very similar game and console players will finally get large player count battles. At least until BF5 comes out when PC's will once again be ahead of the consoles.

http://www.dvice.com/2013-2-21/sony-reveals-5-more-important-ps4-details

2. PlayStation Network Games Non-Transferable

We already know the PS4 is not backwards-compatible with PS3 game discs (Sony is hoping to leverage the cloud to stream its entire back catalog of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games) and now Engadget has confirmed digital games purchased on the PlayStation Network through PS3 can't be transferred to the PS4. Game saves won't make the jump to the new console, either. Yoshida's reasoning: the PS4's x86-based architecture is not compatible with the PowerPC-based PS3.

Polygon also noted Yoshida said Sony could use the cloud to make those purchases available on the PS4, though:

"We could do so if we choose to. We know who purchased what as a record. But we are working on service plans and we haven't decided."

The lack of PS3 BC and non-transferable PSN games and saves (at least at launch) is not going to sit well with gamers faithful to Sony.

Booooo! That sucks. They could setup the PS4 digital store to recognize your previous purchases and enable them on their new platform, but I highly doubt that will happen.