DeathscytheX

Comcast buys NBCUniversal... owns half of cable programing.

NBCUniversal-Branding1.png

Last year Comcast Corporation purchased 51% of NBC Universal, today they have purchased the rest of it from GE for $16.7 Billion. Comcast will also own a 31% stake in Hulu to go along with the huge acquisitions under the NBCU umbrella like SyFy, USA, Bravo, and E!. One has to question how this is even legal for a cable company to own major programing networks, and how it could affect their competitors.

Here is a full list of NBCUniversal divisions:

NBC News

Chiller

CNBC

MSNBC

iVillage

Mun2

Cloo

G4 (Esquire)

NBC Sports

Universal Pictures

Universal Parks & Resorts

E!

SyFy

Telemundo

Bravo

DailyCandy

Golf Channel

Sprout

Oxygen

USA

Fandango

The Weather Channel

Focus Features

UPC

Style

For more Info on this story check the link below:

Comcast to Acquire General Electric's 49% Common Equity Ownership Interest in NBCUniversal

Comcast Will Buy the Other 49-Percent of NBCUniversal for $16.7 Billion

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

So if they own NBC Universal does that mean they can then make the channels exclusive to themselves?

If So I have no issue with Time Warner taking this as a major blow or even how this could affect the ratings to shows produced by the WWE.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

So if they own NBC Universal does that mean they can then make the channels exclusive to themselves?

If So I have no issue with Time Warner taking this as a major blow or even how this could affect the ratings to shows produced by the WWE.

I would assume they could, if not for outstanding contracts for those channels. Time Warner has their own http://ynn.com/ YNN network which is a Time Warner exclusive news channel owned by time warner.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

why spend so much money on this shit when their service is still garbage now?

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I've been watching Jay Leno this entire week and aside from Headlines, hes really not that impressive on his own compared to the previous month or two just before the writer's strike. His monologue has taken a hit and the first part of the show before he brings a guest in is boring now. As for Conan, he already sucked to begin with so now hes even worse. x_x I really can't imagine him taking over for Leno in the near future.
    • By Sledgstone
      Sharknado 3 is on tonight!
    • By Sledgstone
      Anybody watching Z Nation? Its no Walking Dead, but this show is starting to make a fan out of me. Its like a Syfy zombie movie turned into a series with better acting and plots. The first 10 minutes of episode 3 got me laughing pretty damn hard after everybody on the road kept getting brutally murdered.

If you haven't watched this yet, I recommend it. Just don't expect any kind of TWD quality.
    • By Sledgstone
      I know what I'll be watching July 30th. This looks hilarious.
    • By Sledgstone
      I know what I'll be watching July 30th. This looks hilarious.
      Click here to view the article