artemis01.jpg

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24905.html

The Cartoon Network has released information on its 2013 schedule. Gone from the schedule are the DC Comics-based Young Justice and Green Lantern series that made up the network’s DC Nation Saturday Morning block presumably to be replaced by Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go series, which have been previously announced, but won’t get their debuts until sometime later this year. In particular it is sad to see the stylish Green Lantern series depart. The first DC Comics CGI series was so well done that it brings up the question of whether or not the Green Lantern property will ever be anything more than a niche hit in the comic market with little or no mainstream appel.

It doesn't surprise me that Cartoon Network has canceled Green Lantern, it was a good show but it's overall CGI animation style was always lacking something for me.

What does surprise me is that Cartoon Network has once again canceled a series that has huge potential and great plot lines. Young Justice is a great show. Unfortunately it is now being shelved along side other great series such as Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Samurai Jack. I never cared much for Cartoon Network after they canceled Megas XLR years ago, but Young Justice brought me back to the network on a weekly basis. Its a shame that is going to be gone.1

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I stopped watching CN since they took a dump on their Anime block of Adult Swim, and diarrhea'ed all over Toonami's lineup until it failed and got cancelled. Netflix provides me with all the Anime and DC/Marvel animated features I need... plus the 90s X-Men cartoon! ;)

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yeah, the way they crapped all over Toonami's lineup was like the network crapped all over their fans. :nod:

I get all my animation fix from Netflix now. I hope Young Justice gets put on there soon because I missed a few eps and I'd like to watch the series all over from the beginning.

I wish netflix would get IGPX on there. I thought that was a great series. I guess CN holds the rights to it since it was a Toonami original... then an Adult Swim after the second season had more mature language in it. I remember when it started on Toonami I was like WHOA! They are allowed to show this on Toonami?! XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Young justice is an awesome show, Really big shame CN has lost touch with what viewers want, 

I guess they never made it into a toy line,

I found it way better then JL, animation was great, the only draw back is the very slow pacing with a lot of rich characters and sub plots  that you cant get enough into 17 min episode

Green lantern though not as good as young justice, Still one of the few cartoons worth watching

Also SW:TCW is being canned also,

CN is really gutting its maturer audience 

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I definitely was enjoying the show more than the original JL series. Excellent plot lines and a lot of sub plots to keep you wanting to come back to the show.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was canceled? O_O

*checks*

hmmm.. It might not be yet. It could be that it is no longer being run on CN. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilms, it looks like the show will be transferred over to their DisneyXD channel, which is also the same channel as their Avengers cartoon.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/28/star-wars-clone-wars-moving-to-disney-lego-yoda-specials-at-cartoon-network/

Just watched both season finallies

both happy and sad

GL: ended well, they could very easily make a season 2 or end it there, it finished with defeating the big bad and Razor flying off to the universe, with a blue power ring following him, showing that the hope in his heart is now greater then the rage, 

YJ: Ended with tying up most loose ends, JL back on earth, YJ being restructured with its updated roaster, Superboy and Miss Matian are back together,

But very sad about Kid Flash,

Not so much about this season as he was such a minor character, but from s1 where he was important,

It ended on an opener for s3 which we will never see, with the Light still inplay with Luthor aiming to become president of the UN. G G Godfrey working with the light, and war World in the lights possession and there arrangement with Apokolypse

JY s2 was no way as good as the 1st one due to the scope of the story, it was an awesome story at that, but really shadowed all of s1 work on characters, pretty much no character development took place other then Blue Beatle..

sigpic1620_11.gif

I'm glad I saw your post. I missed last weeks episodes but I did just catch the re-airing of the series finales. Stupid cartoon network had a commercial saying new episodes of each next week. This network has turned to shit.

Green Lantern was good. It was a sad moment with Aya and Razer. I could see them doing another season, but how it ended wasn't too bad.

I think Young Justice had a great episode to finish up the season, but fell way short of being a fitting end to the entire series. I agree about the lack of character development. While the plot was good the only character utilized to their full potential was the Blue Beetle. The teaser for season three with the war world showing up at Apokolypse was good. Its a shame we won't get to see anything else. Poor Kid Flash...

Considering the series is now done for, the only thing we can hope for is that DC will make some direct to dvd specials that continue where the series leaves off at. I would love if that happened, but I think the odds of it happening are slim. DC always seems to make completely stand alone movies completely independent of all previous story lines.

Sad that these shows are being replaced for a kids version of YJ (teen titans go)

I am so sad for the human race right now..

and another reboot of Batman focusing on 3rd rate villians and Alfred being rebooted as a mentor / ageing ninja

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

I know cartoons are generally for kids

but the last time I checked, My child doesnt have an income, 

What annoys me most of all is they can easily make cartoons like YJ or GL with great action, great toy potential, most of all an intelligent plot that stretches more then 16 minutes

Instead they reboot it to appeal to children who can not even spell the word Superhero.

The gaming industry has realised games aimed at a maturer audience is what sells.

GTA. CoD, Halo, Assassins Creed,  naming a very few

The gaming industry has moved from kiddie games to more mature base

but cartoon network went in reverse, they used to play anime,used to have shows like Batman Beyond and Justice League, DBZ, Gundam. 

Star Wars TCW evolved into something adults liked, but kids still loved the idea of a Light saber, most kids dont know who Luke Skywalker is, but do know who Annakin is ;p

I could understand Disney doing this, because they have historically rebooted themselves to appeal to younger viewers as opposed to growing with their audience, 

Cartoon Network on the other hand dumbs itself down and no body wins...

sigpic1620_11.gif

So Cartoon Network is going the way of WWF WWE by hoping that kids have a larger influence on their parents than they had in their previous work which they're now ignoring.

If I were to look at something like The Swat Kats & why that was canceled I guess it shouldn't shock me. Still its utterly pointless to go for higher ratings then drop something in hopes they can take the "Moral High Ground".

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Cartoon Network starting going to shit the moment they started airing non animated movies. At that moment they started to be like MTV. Non music programing on MTV = non cartoon / animated programming on CN.

The thing is tho.. Kids are watching more and more random spastic cartoons that have no plot or sustenance. This new cartoon format is designed so their attention per scene will be trained to now last as long as the commercial breaks. If kids attention spans last 1 1/2 to 5 mins on average these kids will have crap performance at school. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a contributing factor to the 24% increase in ADHD diagnosis over the past 10 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565195/adhd-diagnosis-rates-up-24-percent-over-decade/