Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

BSA considers change to national policy

Source: http://www.scouting.org/MembershipPolicy.aspx

Currently, the BSA is discussing potentially removing the national membership restriction regarding sexual orientation. This would mean there would no longer be any national policy regarding sexual orientation, and the chartered organizations that oversee and deliver Scouting would accept membership and select leaders consistent with each organization’s mission, principles, or religious beliefs. BSA members and parents would be able to choose a local unit that best meets the needs of their families.

A step in the right direction. This would put the decision to ban gays at the local level only, so at least the troops that aren't backed by ultra-conservitive idiots can stop more discrimination.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

it's passing the buck

they need to come out and say do not discriminate, but they wont

they will continue to shun gays and non believers because they can

they're only doing this because they've been pressured by media, equality activists and are losing $$$$ sponsers

fuck 'em

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Well, they can't just come out and say it because a majority of their funding comes from conservitive churchs. Without that, there is no BSA, and they do provide a valuable function. At least if this goes through, there will be many chapters that will welcome it, and are totally willing to accept it. Then, the pressure will be even more on the conservitve churchs to get their asses in gear and stop being discrimitory dicks.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

The Boy Scouts of America's new policy: Any troop can bar gay people.

Guess what? That's still discrimination.

Tell the BSA to put a full stop to anti-gay discrimination.

Sign now: http://action.hrc.org/site/R?i=Dlimu8di6ilmYfo8GnBx7wThe Boy Scouts of America's new policy: Any troop can bar gay people.

this is an organization for children and I am not cool with kids being taught that discrimination is the way to go

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think adults need to keep adult things like religious belief and sexuality out of kids organizations and just let kids be freaking kids. We need to stop beating them up with dogma and let them just have fun. Being a kid goes by fast, why must they insist on making it harder then it has to be? You can instil a sense of kinship and value for community without a deity regardless of who you want to marry when you grow up. These paranoid adults need to leave kids out of their grudge fest. It bothers me so much because I see it as an attack on the helpless. Kids learn what they're told and shown, sexual and religious discrimination are learned behaviors that have no place in a teaching environment. Our kids deserve better then that.      

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this