DeathscytheX

Your Memorable "Hardest" Boss Battles

The Boss Battle has been watered down or de-emphasized these days. What are some of the hardest, grueling boss battles you can remember as a kid? Those bosses you hated to face, but felt so rewarded when you finally beat them?

1. Quick Man from Mega Man 2....
This guy was so hard if you didn't know his weakness... You were already mentally exhausted from his insanely hard level. If you didn't know Flashman's weapon was his weakness after you used it all up getting to him... it was a feat to beat him when it could have been so easy... Anyone who played Mega Man 2 probably saved him for last. This guy used Crash Bombs which ive never seen before.

2. Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid
OMG... talk about frustration. First he moved your controller on the floor if you had dual shock, then he read your save files on what games you like... and then... HE KNEW EVERYTHING YOU WERE GONNA DO!! It didn't matter how fast you pressed the buttons, He was always a step ahead. How were you suppose to know that you had to use the 2nd player controller to beat him? This was innovative and awesome... He was an easy boss when you found out how to beat him... but until then, he was impossible and had you like WTF?!?!!?!!

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

As a kid I think my hardest boss battle was the final boss in Super Mario RPG Legend Of The Seven Stars. I kept adding more to my health so the fight took longer than it probably should have. I think it was the first time I beat a game.

I don't remember beating any other games as a kid.

Next hardest boss battle for me goes to the final boss in Okami. Pretty tiring when using a wii-mote.

Final Boss Battle I remember but never beat was Ares. If I remember correctly it just got to a point where I had to rapidly mash a button. I just got bored of that because he couldn't kill me & I couldn't kill him.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

This goes, without a doubt, to Melbu Frahma (the final boss of Legend of Dragoon). I don't even remember how many times it took me to beat him but all I know is that to this day I have only ever beat him once (and I've played through the game a few times since I first beat it).

Close second goes to Necron from Final Fantasy IX. Again I have only ever beat him once and I have played through the game more then once since then (I mean it's easy if you have 4 dark matters but they don't tell you that you can only get the other three from the blasted auction and that they rarely show up (or that you will pay out your ass to get them)). God I was beyond frustrated with this boss (spent the better chunk of a month trying to beat him).

I hated Quick Man in Mega Man 2 (not to mention his level) x_x

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Super Mario RPG was great. That final battle against the sword was hard.. but nothing compared to the final fantasy styled bonus boss you can find in the game. It was the equivalent of the Emerald weapon from FFVII. I could never beat it.

Legend of Dragoon was an awesome game. :D

The hardest boss battle for me was the very first boxer in the game "George Foreman's KO Boxing"

So f*cking difficult. I rented this game for a weekend from blockbuster when I was a kid. It made me rage so bad. It felt so good to beat the first boxer. I could never beat the second guy. So damn hard.

Sephiroth final battle of FFVII

He transformed into a one winged angel:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The hardest boss battle for me was the very first boxer in the game "George Foreman's KO Boxing"

I think that was the issue with any Sports game during that era.. the poor controls due to the limited technology made some of these games so ridiculously hard that sometimes it actually required a little bit of luck to win. I think that is why in a lot of these games there was one tactic that worked flawlessly to where you could win easily if you found out how to exploit it.

I remember in Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football, on offense you could run the halfback pass and it would result it a bomb to the endzone for a TD every time. Then on defense you could run the punt block on every down and you would stop them easily, even block the punt great percentage of the time. The would result in football scores of 109-0 XD.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I didn't really play much in the way of video games as a kid. Most of our games were puzzle games because that's what came with our Commodore. Oh, and Sarcen. XD

But once I got older, I started playing a lot of SNES games, the most memorable and hardest for me was Lavos in Chrono Trigger. He was a MAJOR pain in the ass, but I really felt like I had acomplished something when I finally beat him.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I hated facing the final boss, a badass Htiler, in Wolfenstein.

lmao! He was all robot form. XD

I didn't really play much in the way of video games as a kid. Most of our games were puzzle games because that's what came with our Commodore. Oh, and Sarcen. XD

But once I got older, I started playing a lot of SNES games, the most memorable and hardest for me was Lavos in Chrono Trigger. He was a MAJOR pain in the ass, but I really felt like I had acomplished something when I finally beat him.

Lavos was a pain in the ass at first. Did you ever play the new game + and get all eleven endings? I only got about 5 I think. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah : / and he'd come at you with that super~machine gun on constant triggerblast ... SCARY as shit with the sound effects!!! OH GOD #daymare#

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.