Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Features you may not know about... 2!

Here are 3 more features you may not know about!

First up, we have the "Like" feature. And no, this is not facebook integration. These are specifically Ancient Clan likes. On our old vbulletin software we had a reputation system and a "Thank you" modification that allowed people to thank a person for making a topic, which would result in giving that member some reputation points. The "Like" system we have now is the new reputation system.On all of your posts you will see a "Like" bar and the names of the people that liked your post. If you hover over a username or go to their profile, you will see the total reputation points that user has. As of right now we do not currently have any real benefit for user's with high reputation points. We might use this at some point for different perks or upgrades (more gallery storage, etc.) :

likes1.jpg

You can also go to your profile and easily view all the likes you have received or given. Once the gallery and blogs are back up, you will also be able to see all your likes in those as well by making your selections in the image below:

likes2.jpg

Next we have the "Follow this.. (topic, image, album, blog, etc.)" feature. By using the follow feature you can get instant or email notifications when something has been updated or replied to. You can also go into your profile settings and set yourself to automatically follow content that you create or to auto follow content that you reply to.

follow1.jpg

You can also think of it as an easy way to bookmark content because you can easily click on the "Content | Follow" link to see when the items you are following were last replied to. You can also choose which content to look at with the menu on the left:

follow2.jpg

The last feature for this post is the "My Media" button. This is probably my favorite new feature. In any post, reply, gallery / article / blog comment you make, you can click on the My Media button to easily insert an image from any of your previously attached images or gallery images.

mymedia1.jpg

You will never have to keep re-attaching images you like to use over and over again. Attach it once, or add it to your gallery to easily use that image whenever you want.

mymedia2.jpg6

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      The improvements they are making to IPB look really great. Some of the highlights for me:
      http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-9537-ips-40-editor-part-1-content/
      Embeds will always work. Now that is a huge difference.
      http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-9538-ips-40-editor-part-2-uploads/
      Drag and drop images right into the editor. I've been waiting for this feature. No more having to click attach and then navigate to the right folder where your image is.. just drag it right into the editor.
      http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-9539-ips-40-editor-part-3-customisation-and-bbcode/
      This is a big change and I hope they pull it off correctly. All our custom bbcodes will be negated. But the only custom bbcode we actually use is the spoiler tag, which will now be a default feature. All other custom bbcodes will now have to be created as CKEditor plugins.. but there are already a lot of ckeditor plugins available. So I could technically add a variety of new editor features.
      http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/388306-ips-40-editor-part-4-special-features/
      Very very nice. I like this.
      Good! No more having to click the load saved content option. Simplifying this will make the auto save much better.
      Oh! and the editor will now be fully skin-able! The editor won't have to be glaring white on a dark theme anymore.
      Also, the current skins that we use are going to be upgraded for IPB 4.0. We won't have to change the entire look of the site.
    • By Sledgstone
      I finally got around to updating all our converted custom profile fields. These fields are viewable in your profiles. You can edit them in your "My Settings" page. Feel free to update them whenever you want or leave them blank.
    • By Sledgstone
      2) To see if your post is still saved. Go back to that topic and load the editor at the bottom of the page. Do not start typing anything! First, check to see if you have "Auto Saved Content", if you do, then you should be ok. Click on the link that is circled in the image.

3) Once you click on the link, you'll see the content has been saved. Once you click "Restore Content" you will see your post has been restored and you can continue where you left off.

Next, I will explain how to change your secondary color and wallpaper. The secondary color is mostly visible in the Light theme, but it does show some changes if used along with a partially transparent wallpaper.
      1) Click the tools at the bottom right corner of the screen.

2) It will pop up the color and wallpaper selections.

3) If you click the top part with the hand you will get a color selector. Try some different colors or put in the hex code of the color you want. You can also select some different wallpaper tiles.

4) Lets say you uploaded a wallpaper to our "Random Wallpapers" gallery or you would like to use a wallpaper that has already been uploaded by someone else. Go to the image you want to use and right click on the image. As you will see in this pic, the default windows right click menu shows up, but so does our gallery right click menu. You will want to click on the gallery menu to see it.

5) You will now want to right click on "Direct link to this image file" and then click "Copy Link Location"

6) Now go back to your skin tool menu and right click and paste the link to the wallpaper into the custom background area and then click on "Change"

7) Now that you are done, click on the tools again to close the menu.

8) And thats it!

• By Sledgstone
      In this tutorial I will explain how the Auto Save works in the editor and how to change the wallpaper and secondary color of the entire site.
      First off, "Auto Saved Content"
      1) Sometimes you'll be making a giant post and something happens.. you lost it. You closed the tab you were replyin in. But don't worry just yet. There is a good chance the editor has Auto Saved your post! Every couple minutes or so the editor will auto save your post for that specific topic. Lets say I typed the following and in another tab I'm looking up some info and then I accidentally closed the tab with my post in it.
      2) To see if your post is still saved. Go back to that topic and load the editor at the bottom of the page. Do not start typing anything! First, check to see if you have "Auto Saved Content", if you do, then you should be ok. Click on the link that is circled in the image.

3) Once you click on the link, you'll see the content has been saved. Once you click "Restore Content" you will see your post has been restored and you can continue where you left off.

Next, I will explain how to change your secondary color and wallpaper. The secondary color is mostly visible in the Light theme, but it does show some changes if used along with a partially transparent wallpaper.
      1) Click the tools at the bottom right corner of the screen.

2) It will pop up the color and wallpaper selections.

3) If you click the top part with the hand you will get a color selector. Try some different colors or put in the hex code of the color you want. You can also select some different wallpaper tiles.

4) Lets say you uploaded a wallpaper to our "Random Wallpapers" gallery or you would like to use a wallpaper that has already been uploaded by someone else. Go to the image you want to use and right click on the image. As you will see in this pic, the default windows right click menu shows up, but so does our gallery right click menu. You will want to click on the gallery menu to see it.

5) You will now want to right click on "Direct link to this image file" and then click "Copy Link Location"

6) Now go back to your skin tool menu and right click and paste the link to the wallpaper into the custom background area and then click on "Change"

7) Now that you are done, click on the tools again to close the menu.

8) And thats it!

Click here to view the article