Here is the trailer for the new remake of Evil Dead. With Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell working on this, you know it should be good. Fair warning though, the trailer by itself has more gore than the old cult classic movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBXUyuv4Q0

As long as someone ends up with a chainsaw for an arm, I'll be happy. :DAttachments: 0

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

it feels like Rob Zombie made this XD

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I watched this, but I missed the first 20 minutes. Its surprisingly short. Only 1 1/2 hours long.. and so gory! O_O I now know what its looks like if someone's arm is cut off.. and someone else is bashed repeatedly with a crow bar.. every hit on film. It didn't cut away like most movies or tv shows do.. no.. there is the brutal bashing. :err: Definitely a horror movie and not a suspense thriller like the original.

Decent movie though, it wasn't as bad or gross as the Saw movies. But I'm definitely more of a fan of the original.

Yeah it was pretty good. The scenes with the electric knife to the arm... ugh... but did you notice how duct tape fixed everything? XD Oh, your hand was split in half by a crowbar? We'll just tape that up and you're good to go! :P

Speaking of SAW, I just saw this yesterday! XD XD XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

@Sledg: Hey, did you stay till after the credits? There is a bit of a hint to what is actually going on...

it isn't a remake-- IT IS THE ACTUAL FOURTH MOVIE! At the end of the credits, they show a shadowed face that quotes Bruce by saying, "Groovy." The he snaps to full view and it's Bruce himself! In an interview about two maybe three months ago, Bruce Campbell hinted (rather bluntly) that he had signed on for an AoD2 and an additional film where they will be merging Ash and Mia's storylines!

At the SXSW premiere event, Alvarez announced that a sequel is in the works. In addition, Sam Raimi confirmed plans to write Evil Dead 4 with his brother; it was later specified that this film would be Army of Darkness 2. At a WonderCon panel in March 2013, Campbell and Alvarez stated that their ultimate plan was for Alvarez's Evil Dead 2 and Raimi's Army of Darkness 2 to be followed by a seventh film which would merge the narratives of Ash and Mia.

Edited by Sabe

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

@Sledg: Hey, did you stay till after the credits? There is a bit of a hint to what is actually going on...

it isn't a remake-- IT IS THE ACTUAL FOURTH MOVIE! At the end of the credits, they show a shadowed face that quotes Bruce by saying, "Groovy." The he snaps to full view and it's Bruce himself! In an interview about two maybe three months ago, Bruce Campbell hinted (rather bluntly) that he had signed on for an AoD2 and an additional film where they will be merging Ash and Mia's storylines!

At the SXSW premiere event, Alvarez announced that a sequel is in the works. In addition, Sam Raimi confirmed plans to write Evil Dead 4 with his brother; it was later specified that this film would be Army of Darkness 2. At a WonderCon panel in March 2013, Campbell and Alvarez stated that their ultimate plan was for Alvarez's Evil Dead 2 and Raimi's Army of Darkness 2 to be followed by a seventh film which would merge the narratives of Ash and Mia.

oh what the hell.. I completely missed that! O_O I was watching it on one of those starz channels.. I think they cut off that part or I walked away and missed it! O_O

I need an Army of Darkness 2.. yes.. that would be awesome. :D

oh what the hell.. I completely missed that! O_O I was watching it on one of those starz channels.. I think they cut off that part or I walked away and missed it! O_O

I need an Army of Darkness 2.. yes.. that would be awesome. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m54qCo6YKmA

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I hope they get the next movie made. Evil Dead (3?) was almost too gory for me. I loved the cheesyness of Army of Darkness. I hope they do a combo of the two. Another Deadite army but maybe a bit more serious action while still having a good cutting edge humor to it.

The way I would expect it to go, with how AoD finished out in the S-Mart ("Shop smart; Shop S-Mart!") I see it being a combination of the darker look of Evil Dead 3, but with a bit more of the campy goofiness of AoD...that way they could tie in the Mia/Ash stories. Have her get to the town, headed to the hospital and kill a deadite or two, only to run into Ash. He fixes her with a prosthetic hand to match his and off the movie goes. Or have Ash head-off a deadite army and end with him semi retired until he 'feels' the book get read again...hence his "Groovy." at the end of the new Evil Dead film...
But that's just my opinion. :)

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Good theories. It'll be interesting to see how they tie the old and new together and explain whats happened over the years considering Bruce Campbell's age compared to when he did Army of Darkness. My guess is that hes been retired for a while and the book reawakens the warrior within him. I'm hoping he reprises his role well. I'd rather see this be a movie about his character Ash, as opposed to a standard pass the torch to the next generation movie. *coughIndianaJonesandthecrystalskullscough*

No Shia LaBeouf.. you are not Indiana Jones III, I will not watch another Indiana Jones movie with you in it. >_<