DeathscytheX

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Well after being delayed for almost a year because of a stupid 3D conversion that most will avoid and opt for the 2D version... here is a new trailer.. mostly recycled from previous trailers, but it has some new stuff in it.

[ame]

[/ame]

This post has been promoted to an article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I thought there was an older topic for this : p ... but yeah, this movie should've come out this year. It's going to look dated next year :

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

They should have shot the movie in 3D to begin with. And the movie has two issues which has caused it's delay as far as I know.. First off the movie studio probably figured they'd have a better chance at getting the movie released in China if they converted it to 3D:

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20120727000033&cid=1104

China had previously allowed only 20 American films — mostly big-budget Hollywood fare — to be distributed nationally each year. In February, the country agreed to allow an additional 14 US films to be distributed each year as long as they are made in the 3D or IMAX formats.

And the second issue is that test screenings about 6 months ago resulted in a lot of mediocre or negative feedback:

http://screenrant.com/gi-joe-2-retaliation-release-date-delay-channing-tatum-niall-175512/

Hopefully they made the changes they needed to make it into a decent movie. The trailer looks good.. but I'd like to see some more cobra characters and less of the Rock.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I held off on watching this movie but I saw it the other day. This movie was horrible. All the Joes from the first movie are gone. The Joes now consist of 4 or 5 ppl even though there was numerous Joe bases. Even though cobra commander saved Destro, he played no role in the sequel. And there weer numerous slow motion ninja fights. If not for the rock and Bruce Willis being in this, this movie would have been better off on the syfy channel than in the theaters.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I feel a little bad for not posting this review when it came out. But then again I rather not acknowledge Dwayne Johnson as a movie actor as much as I use to.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/7065-G-I-Joe-Retaliation

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.