Sledgstone

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Interesting to note that on Xbox we are having double weapon XP weekend. I plan to max double prestige my M27, FAL, SCAR, and SMR this weekend. If PS3 is not having it, they will have it the weekend after Revolution is released.

Just to give you an idea how much COD ripped off Battlefield until MW1 which was a complete innovation. Battlefield 2 already had classes like they do now limited to a certain type of weapon. Pretty interesting. After MW1, Battlefield games let you alter each class with different equipment load out to rival perks. They've both copied and innovated off each other in the long run.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think we have double weapon xp this weekend too. I'm going to get on there later tomorrow and try to level up my SCAR-H. I'm loving that gun atm.

Those videos are interesting. That COD 3 game looks like a battlefield clone. And holy crap people can jump on bf2! XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

A suppressed SCAR-H is def one of the better weapons. I have 926 kills with 98 headshots and a 1.12 KD. Its currently 2nd on my weapons performance chart.

1st is the R870 with 1104 kills and a 1.20 KD ;) I have 64% accuracy with it, which is kinda silly. I guess hit markers count against you on that.

Not bad. I played a few rounds earlier and the matchmaking was so bad I quit playing for a while. -_- I kept getting on crap teams were we would loose 24 to 100. I had horrible spawns on hijacked too. So many time I would spawn with an enemy right in the screen with me. I need to get the silencer unlocked for the SCAR-H. Silencers make all the difference.

Hijacked is a horrible map with horrible spawns to start. You can spawn, walk 1/4th of the way across the map and get shot in the back from the enemy team spawning where you just spawned 40 seconds ago. Its a rusher's map. Try a danger close class with 2 bouncing bettys. when you spawn, toss both of them in high traffic areas in front of where you just spawned to where you know someone has to run that way to advance to the middle of the map. I've started doing that and getting 4-5 kills with it. It also gives me a good heads up when they start spawning behind me. Even if I don't get a kill I get tipped off when I'm notified that my equipment has been destroyed.

I'm loving the SCAR-H. It seems to be my best gun so far.

post-1-0-94645800-1360543131_thumb.jpg

This is the load out I'm using at the moment. I love the scavenger perk.

post-1-0-06459700-1360543004_thumb.jpg

My current k/d ratio. Since I started playing more TDM over Kill Confirmed, I've been having some of my best matches.

post-1-0-15665000-1360543131_thumb.jpg

Nice. I'm always tempted to ditch my secondary, but It screws me over every time when I need to reload. Suppressors and FMJs are always my top attachments, I ditched optics completely, and the only time I ditch FMJ is when its the SMR because it has decent piercing power without it. Scar is my 3rd favorite rifle. I've gotten use to the FAL's new recoil, but when it comes down to it, the SMR with select fire is the best rifle in this game if you can deal with the 20 round mag. The SMR will beat any SMG close range on full-auto which it has become my weapon of choice. I had to prestige it one last time so I only have single fire currently. Here are some of my matches before I did so.

73A9CB16-0BCF-4719-ABC9-BBD8A03D39F9-119D31B09EA-991C-43E6-B198-B29E90AD8A0D-11917442364-E6D7-4B95-9B25-A95EB6BFE242-119

Sometimes I do so well I lose my care packages as they cycle through. I ended up changing my Score Streak to Hunter Killer - Care Package - AGR to prevent this. I've started getting 10 kill runs more frequently since finding my favorite map routes and class layouts. Since I've lost my SMR's select fire. When I start doing poorly in a match I resort to these classes:

SCAR-H I'm only a few double kills and blood thirsty medals away from gold camo
1666D0DE-1DFF-4B4F-9DC2-990E2C41482E-119

FAL full-auto
F9E582C6-2286-4FC9-9B4B-64AE2950A968-119

I just had the match of my life. I switched my Score Streak to Care Package, Sentry Gun, A.G.R, because I've gotten to the point where I burn through care packages so fast I don't get to use them. I've started playing Mutli-Team with 2 other friends and its done wonders for me. No idiots on my team that go 0-21 when i do good. Its just 3 of us relying on each other against 2 other 3 man teams. We try to sway the votes towards TDM and Kill Confirmed, but we're pretty handy with Hard Point, we just prefer not to play it.

post-4-0-92056000-1360904260_thumb.jpg
I ended up getting 3 care packages, 2 sentry guns, and 2 AGRs in a single match. My Care packages were RC-XD, Hellstorm Missile, and Orbital VSAT. 

post-4-0-25354100-1360904523_thumb.jpg
These are my two current favorite classes. I used the SMR class on that match however. I use the PDW/S12 on smaller maps. The only reason I'm using the S12 is because I want the diamond camo for my R870, So I'm suffering through that long process. Its not that its a bad shotgun (I have the best KD with it), its the fact that its hard to get 1 hit kills as required by its camo assignments.

post-4-0-92518800-1360904652_thumb.jpg
Current best weapons

post-4-0-00007700-1360904670_thumb.jpg
Current Standing

You're a beast on this game. O_O

So Ghost and Scavenger are the best perks? I still haven't gotten Ghost unlock, but when i finally prestige I'll perm unlock that first considering the level needed to unlock it. I'm loving scavenger tho, that will definitely be my second unlock. I don't know why, but I just haven't been playing as much FPS games as much lately.. I have over 200 hours in on BF3 tho.. maybe I needed a break. ^_^;

btw, whats your stats for the CHICOM CQB? I've heard good things about that gun.

Accuracy wise is probably the most balanced gun in the game. It burst fires, I've never tried full auto with select fire but I've been demolished by it quite a bit. The iron sights take some getting use to, but I think it will do you good. I use the PDW solely for its 50 round mag size, plus I have the MMS for it to see through walls now that its double prestiged.

I run Ghost for the sole fact that it make you invisable to UAV as long as your are in motion. You cannot cheat by moving in a small circle to camp while the UAV is active. When you are invisible, your yellow arrow on the map will be faded to let you know that the UAV cannot detect you. The only time you can be invisible while not in motion is when you are planting a bomb, and maybe capturing a flag. I don't use rockets, and I dont waste my black hats on UAV's so I prefer to be invisible to them along with my suppressors. My deaths usally result from me reloading, or my weapon doesn't have the suppressor unlocked and I get shot by someone after I had scored a kill because I showed up on their map. Sometimes I'm tempted to use Greed 1 to add blind eye with Ghost for complete invisibility, but people don't get enough score streaks going for it to bother me to much.

Scavenger is really the only Perk 2 I like besides cold blooded. It gives me more black hats and ammo so I don't worry about running out. Thats the main reason I use it.

IMO Engineer is the best perk in the game. Nothing in perk 3 compares. You can see all equipment through walls allowing me to blackhat shock charges, bettys, and claymores from outside. It either scores me an easy kill, or at the very least minimizes camper's abilities. Its gotta piss someone off when you see them set up their sentry gun from across the map and you lob your EMP grenade near it for a cool 125pts before it even gets to shoot. While using engineer, I've never been killed by planted equipment.. I haven't even praised how you can run past claymores and bettys and there is a 1 second delay before they go off. Sometimes I'll do that to get the drop on someone that I know is sniping out the window. By the time their betty goes off, you are already at their back pulling the trigger.

Ghost/Scav/Engineer is on every class I have except 1... My camping class. I hate campers, but occasionally me and 5 other friends will make a full team and cause hell for people for fun and team camp. On Hijack we all hide in the underside of the map covering both entrances with shotguns. On yemen we hide out in the building that has the tunnel that runs under it. On drone we stake out in one of the buildings thats on the opposite ends of the machine room. and On aftermath, where this all started, we hide in the central room that everyone likes to camp in with the ladder and bathroom. For this I run a special class.

Primary: Whatever shotgun I'm working camo assignments
Secondary: B23R (if im not using shock charges)
Perk 1: Flak Jacket
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Tactical Mask
Lethal: 2 bouncing bettys (danger close wildcard)
Tactical: Trophy System (2 shock charges when I haven't unlocked the trophy system)

This class lets me throw 2 bettys to cover 2 entrances, the trophy system takes out 3-4 lethal/tacticals that people try to throw in at us. Flak Jacket is way over powered and allows me to survive any explosive blast, Tact Mask makes me invulnerable to flashbangs or concussion grenades. Scavenger serves its purpose to give me more bettys and trophy systems from the bodies that make it pass my primary defenses and find themselves at the end of my shotgun. Its pretty funny how mad people get, they even vote fore the map again and try to get to your camp zone before you can.

You should try out Flak Jacket if you have it. You'll rarely ever die from a grenade, unless you are already hurt. Full health I think it may take more than 2 explosions to kill you. You can also take a hit from a hunter killer, hellstorm missile, and even the AGR's rocket without dying.

lmao. I could imagine you pissing off a lot of people camping like that. XD

Ah! i always wondered how some ppl could run past my bouncing betty and not die.

btw, any idea what it means on the minimap when someone has 3 lines surrounding their arrow like a triangle? I've seen some teammates start off a match and their arrow looks noticeable different from everyone else. Is that some other perk? Or maybe they are running ghost and thats how their team mates know? :confused:

I've never seen it, but looking it up it looks like it means they are talking into the mic. Since I run XBL party chat, even when I'm playing by myself. I never see that XD.

If you're not running engineer on perk 3, you're wasting a perk. :P I see you run it on your Scar class. The only reason I don't permanently unlock it is because it unlocks at rank 14. Next time you know someone is camping up the steps, just sprint pass their betty and take them out. ;)... just don't try it on a shock charge.... It doesn't work because the radius is so large.

I've never seen it, but looking it up it looks like it means they are talking into the mic. Since I run XBL party chat, even when I'm playing by myself. I never see that XD.

If you're not running engineer on perk 3, you're wasting a perk. :P I see you run it on your Scar class. The only reason I don't permanently unlock it is because it unlocks at rank 14. Next time you know someone is camping up the steps, just sprint pass their betty and take them out. ;)... just don't try it on a shock charge.... It doesn't work because the radius is so large.

Oh! That must be it. I had a round a couple months ago with a troll on my own team constantly running up to me shooting his shotgun at me. He must have been talking crap because he had that triangle thing around his minimap arrow. I didn't hear anything he said tho because I mute everyone all the time. :rolleyes:

I love engineer. I use it all the time now. I almost always run with the black hat or an emp grenade now too.

My 33-8 match was cut in half on the theater because the host migrated, which pisses me off. So I recorded some highlights from the next match where I went 34-14. I recorded my AGR/Sentry Gun kills, but the game locked up after I uploaded this one, and I don't feel like waiting for another one to upload. :P

That SMR looks like a great gun. I hate host migrating. So damn annoying.

btw, what do you think is the most powerful kill streak? Or the kill streak that nets the most kills? I've seen a sentry gun last most of a match and easily get 10 kills by itself. The sentry gun can be destroyed quite easily tho, but if its in a good location it can get a lot of kills before its taken out. But the most powerful thing I've seen is the stealth chopper. Unless that thing is taken out, it shreds thru people.

The SMR has the highest damage of any assault rifle, if you can suffer through its single fire to get the select fire, its well worth it. The only draw back outside of that is that it only has a 20 round mag, and extended mags only give you 6 more shots. The reloading time is moderately longer than other assault rifles as well. While working up to select fire I recommend fast mags. Maybe fore grip. I've never used an optic on it, so I cant tell you how recoil effects it. 2 shots to the chest should kill anyone. If you can't kill someone in 3, you have a bad host. I also like it because My emblem can be seen clearly on the stock like the R870 so people can see HARSH whey they are killed. ;)

The most powerful score streak is probably the vtol warship as long as no one takes it out, the most powerful outside of that is the Swarm. I've gotten a swarm out of a care package twice and its netted me 10-11 kills. If you get it on the right map like Carrier or Slums, its hard to get away from. The Warthog is very powerful as well... but these are all very high streaks that are more suited for Domination/Hardpoint/Demolition.

Here is a pretty good look at some of them. He's using Combat training I assume, 75-0 TDM is impossible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRaFAQHg7xw

The Sentry gun is an excellent score streak for TDM and Kill Confirmed. If everyone used EMP grenades it would be horrible, but they dont lol. Without EMP grenades the Sentry is pretty tough to take out. In previous COD games all you needed to do was knife it and it was gone. Its health has been increased drastically. I personally like the AGR because it roams around on its own and does some business. I could control it myself, but I don't want to die, and rather cycle back through my score streaks. The Sentry gun can get you pretty close to an AGR on its own, I treat them both as my personal assistants as It makes a team of 3 with me running around shooting while they do their thing. I'm thinking about dropping care package and going with Stealth Chopper since its only 100 more points from the AGR. If I had a Sentry, AGR, and Stealth chopper on the map, it would be pretty impressive. The AGR can't be taken out as cheaply as air support, which is why i use it. The people I play with blow everything out of the sky within seconds of its arrival. 2 rockets takes out anything bigger than a UAV/CUAV. I don't want my score streak taken out like that if I worked hard to get that 1100 points for it.  

Host migration is the cost of not having servers. Back when MW1 was around if the host quit, that was the end of the match period. If you were doing good, you just got screwed over. This also was the case in WAW... host migration didn't exist until MW2, and it was acutally such a big deal it was included in the per-launch trailer. lol

I've seen the warthog in one match. It killed me once and after that it couldn't really do much because of the map we were on and everyone was under cover in buildings. That warship looks way over powered. On that map he was able to easily see everyone spawning and could pick everyone off with ease. Could an emp grenade take out flying vehicles? I ask that because I've seen where an emp grenade can stop hellstorm missiles.

Those AGRs are awesome. I usually only see them from my team mates and I've never come across an enemy one yet. I'm surprised a CLAW isn't available as a score streak.

You have to throw that EMP grenade at the right time to take out a hellstorm or hunter killer. I've done it twice with success. You can also shoot down the Hellstorm with your primary weapon if you hit it before they split it into clusters. You cannot do that to bigger Score Streaks that I know of. You can black hat them though, The 1st black hat will deploy their flares, the second will take them out. If you don't have blind eye its pretty hard however. I get the dragonfire will general easy even without.... which btw the Dragonfire is a pretty good streak as well.

The Warship better be that powerful, its pretty hard to get 1600 points without dying :P. I think it might take 3 hits to take it out from rockets. The Vtol is pretty powerful but its nothing compared to MW2's AC130 and Chopper gunner. In a COD era where explosives had a huge blast radius, these were the most powerful of all killstreaks. The AC130 had 2 sets of flares and was pretty tough to take down. While you could generally take it out in 3 rockets, it was so high up in the air it took a while for final rocket to reach it allowing ample time to cause some serious damage:

AC130

Chopper Gunner

It only took 11 kills to get these streaks, but at that time it seemed a lot since MW1 and WAW had only a 3-5-7 streak. Now 11 kills will only get you what 7 would in MW1, and 7 in World at War was basically a stronger version of K-9 unit. Thats a big reason why I liked Black Ops 2, the bigger stronger kill streaks are hard to obtain so you dont see them as much. On MW2, you'd have a Pavelow and AC130 going while an air strike and predator missile was coming in. It was fustrating if you were on a terrible team, because there was nothing you could do to protect yourself against that kind of barrage.

Well damn. Thats some ownage. I noticed at the end of the AC 130 clip it went to server migration. I wouldn't blame someone for quitting out after getting their asses handed to them like that. XD

Do you know if all kill streaks are available in a care package? I know its set for random and that higher kill streaks are more rare, but I've never seen anything better than a sentry gun or death machine come out of them.

Yes its all. I've gotten 2 swarms and a warthog out of the entire time I've ever gotten them. I'd say 80% of the time I get a UAV/CUAV another 15% of the time I get a Death Machine or War Machine, 4% of the time I get a Dragonfire or Escort Drone, and the last 2% I get higher packages... and if you have engineer you can change once it by double tapping the X/Square button, but it generally rolls into an equivalent... a UAV almost always goes to a CUAV, sometimes an RC-X/D, Hellfire goes into Lightning Strike, War Machine goes into Death Machine, Sentry Gun goes into Death Machine, I generally dont take a chance when I get to Dragonfire or higher because I'm afraid it will give me an RC-X/D