Sledgstone

Fullmetal Alchemist Automail in the near future?

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/11/terminator-arm-the-most-advanced-prosthe.php

The Bebionic3 is a myoelectric prosthetic hand that uses residual neuro-muscular signals from your muscles to operate a number of precise functions.

Featuring a range of 14 hand positions and grips, the Bebionic3 is also offered with a skin-tone glove that approximates the appearance of a real hand.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

This is pretty damn impressive!

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Deus ex! XD

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

From a technological perspective we should be able to do it, i personally believe someone is holding back (government) from many things. I would certainly love to see this happen, it will change many things in life. Although from a ethical perspective if something like this gets perfected, it would be above normal human capabilities, which i think is awesome ! Kind of like a mod to yourself :lol:

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"

I like that FMA makes prosthesis look like a completely normal part of life. I've seen many more people with prosthesis over the years and the more I notice them, the more used to them I become. Most of the ones I've seen are leg replacements. I think most are a result of IEDs in Afghanistan and Iraq.. and motorcycle accidents. If you wipe out on a motorcycle, those things will land on your leg and shred it off against the concrete.

I think once the robot hand articulation becomes more effective, we'll see more automail style prosthesis in the future.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg