Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4.05 Billion

Here's a link to a website that I will eventually forget exist.... Sorry for not finding a better article elsewhere.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/729241/disney-agrees-to-buy-lucasfilm-for-405-billion/

But anyway due to this happening I'm now expecting the same kind of outcry I once had when Disney bought Marvel.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96524

The best part is that Lucas will have no part in the making the of VII, VIII, and IX. With how awesome the Marvel movies have been, I'm really excited about this. From other stories I've read it sounds like they might have more than those 3 films planed... Old Republic era movies? Future era movies?!

:explode:

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm honestly glad Lucas won't have any more input on the movies. That alone will be good IMO. But with Disney owning Star Wars it makes me hesitant and uneasy. I love the marvel movies and maybe Star Wars could get the same kind of awesome treatment.. but then I think about the cartoons.. the avengers cartoon is great. The ultimate spider-man cartoon is a horribly disney-fied kid friendly piece of shit.

I only hope the new star wars movies are live action movies of awesomeness and not pixar / cartoon network clone wars based movies.

One interesting thing would be a new Marvel vs. Star Wars lineup of games.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm honestly glad Lucas won't have any more input on the movies. That alone will be good IMO. But with Disney owning Star Wars it makes me hesitant and uneasy. I love the marvel movies and maybe Star Wars could get the same kind of awesome treatment.. but then I think about the cartoons.. the avengers cartoon is great. The ultimate spider-man cartoon is a horribly Disney-fied kid friendly piece of shit.

I only hope the new star wars movies are live action movies of awesomeness and not Pixar / cartoon network clone wars based movies.

One interesting thing would be a new Marvel vs. Star Wars lineup of games.

Lucas had made some pretty bizarre decisions not just in movies but in gaming. Does anyone really need a Star Wars version of angry birds, dancing, or even chess? I'm OK with the idea of Star Wars never going away but they were just super gluing to anything that was popular & whatnot.

I ended up ignoring Ultimate Spider-Man when it had nothing to do with the now African American Ultimate Spider-Man.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605041

I doubt the new Star Wars movies will be Pixar unless they decide to go with the original cast from 4-6 as voice actors. I'm more worried though that if it is Live Action they might go with "The Force Unleash".... Which sounds like Star Wars trying really hard to be edgy when it just sounds goofy....

I still wish Disney would bring back Gargoyles instead buying franchises they know guys will like.... Because sooner or later Disney will probably buy WWE from the McMahon's & we can all question whether or not that was a good idea....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I sense a disturbance in the force.

Quite honestly I don't see this being a good thing and probably never will. Disney is going to fuck something up massively, I just know it (don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Lucas myself but Disney owning Star Wars just rubs me the wrong way).

The only thing that piques my interest is the SW7 because I, quite frankly, cannot think of a place they can place this movie except for before the events of the movies (aka KoToR era which is still being explored through TOR). The lore for what happens after movie 6 is pretty concrete and there isn't much wiggle room for a movie unless they base it off one of the multitude of books that have been written.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Im with ^

the next step in film would be to follow Luke as he finds/ trains new jedi like Han and Leia's kids otherwise we'll be looking at a pre prequel which sounds fuckin pointless >.<

I was still in elementary school when Star Wars hit theaters, when I saw the film I had the first epiphany of my life; it gave me hope that we could have that kind of tekky future (I immediately wanted a Falcon of my own even the whole smuggling thing sounded okay) and there was none of our religions in their galaxy (very awesome as a kid being raised catholic and forced into religious ed I began to doubt and be disgusted by religion at an early age so to see Jesus or God not matter a single bit to my heroes was so unbelievably awesome) as a bonus many rebel leaders were female. It was just what I needed as a little girl. Not once did I ever give a fuck I was the only girl in school with action figures and vehicles and the Ewok Village. I grew up idolizing Han Solo and the flicks contributed to making me an independent person that dun give much of a fuck what closed minded ppl think of me. Star Wars was one of the few truly good things from my childhood.

I was in the theater at midnight when the first prequel movie was released. that one wasn't too bad, but the crap afterwards .....eh.... lets just say the acting wasn't stellar. Anakin's turning to the dark side seemed wayyyyy hokey to me as in oh I had a bad dream kill all Jedi.... bleh The whole birth of the twins was flat out stupid. Pop out the twins name them then die of a broken heart?! Guess she didn't love her kids, glad she kicked it cuz she woulda made a shitty mother.

btw Lucas is a dick

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Lucas always wanted to make money off star wars. He licensed out star wars for everything. I'm surprised there was never a star wars printed toilet paper to wipe our asses with. The fact that Lucas sold it off just emphasizes his final payday for his work. Good for him, now they should kick him to the curb and not even use him as a consultant.

The real question is if Disney decides to do a reboot of Star Wars so they have new actors playing the original characters for a variety of sequels. I think that would be stupid and would piss off every star wars fan there is. After watching the new Tron I don't think they could pull off replicating the original characters in CG into new live action sequels. But then again, Lucas Films was able to add entire Han Solo scenes into the updated movies that were cg.

I think the best thing they can do is not reboot.. instead pick new actors to play the original ones and make the Thrawn trilogy of books into 3 movies. Those 3 books made into movies would be epic.

Disney wont ruin a winning formula,

Yes they made ultimate spiderman show shocking, but it is aimed at children who no little about spiderman, the avengers one was great untill they cancelled it

(but they only cancelled it to reboot it a year or 2 later to follow on from the movies vision of the avengers)

I think the marvel movies are awesome.

Go go Disney with star wars.

Lucas never had the passion to drive Star Wars further, Disney on the other hand will.

Only problem is the fact all the cannon is in books up to Lukes great grand kids.

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I was looking at twitter and someone said something about Leia now being a Disney princess and I almost puked. Disney princesses all have 12 inch waistlines- a very sick message to send to little girls (we didn't have those Disney movies in this house; Mulan was the only princess movie up in this bitch and thats because she was badass)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I was looking at twitter and someone said something about Leia now being a Disney princess and I almost puked. Disney princesses all have 12 inch waistlines- a very sick message to send to little girls (we didn't have those Disney movies in this house; Mulan was the only princess movie up in this bitch and thats because she was badass)
I wouldn't worry about the idea of Princess Leia somehow being a Disney Princess too much. Disney pretty much ended that when they got distracted by Pixar.

Though it probably doesn't count my favorite Disney Princess has been Nala....

I'm rather ambivilant, personally. While I'm not excited about the possibility of being 'Disneyfied', at least this means Lucas won't fuck it up anymore.

And I though this was an appropriate comment. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I'm rather ambivalent, personally. While I'm not excited about the possibility of being 'Disneyfied', at least this means Lucas won't fuck it up anymore.

And I thought this was an appropriate comment. XD

I can agree with that comment.

Anyway a skit from Team Coco.... Michael Moore's "Star Wars Episode VII" Audition Tape.

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-michael-moore-star-wars-episode-vii-audition-tape

I'd really like to see the Kyle Katarn story get attention. Although mostly a video game character. He was a very compelling character as a free lance Jedi.

Oooo, that would make a good movie!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-deal-george-lucas-will-384947

“George Lucas has expressed his intention, in the event the deal closes, to donate the majority of the proceeds to his philanthropic endeavors.” It's not yet clear which foundation will get the proceeds. Lucas is currently the chairman of Edutopia, which is part of the George Lucas Educational Foundation. He could put money into that or create a new foundation that would be funded from the sale.

So, looks like he'll be donating a crap ton of money. I suppose that makes up for him selling to Disney.. I bet he still keeps enough of the money to be set for 5 lifetimes tho.

I already think he has enough money for 5 lifetimes, I mean he gets money off of every thing sold with the Star Wars name on it (and we know just how much stuff that is).

Apparently VII - IX are supposed to be a whole different story set in the time after episode VI but won't follow any established book or game lore. Also Lucas is still staying on as a consultant so he's not completely done with the Star Wars franchise yet.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589