Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Tablets

So, I read up on Kite's Nexus 7 and it looks cool.

Let's talk about any tablets we may have, cool features/ advantages/ disadvantages of that specific tablet/ cool apps to get/ etc.

I was given an iPad a few weeks ago and I use it to hit up Facebook, listen to Pandora predominantly, like right now I'm typing on my laptop and have my tablet close with Pandora on. It opens up the possibility for me to get bluetooth/ wireless speakers to hook this up to them and play music through that sort of setup throughout the apartment (maybe?).

So yeah, post your thoughts. Eppy's had one for a long time! I'm guessing he's already gone through 2?!! He's such a pro, hacks the shit outta it and puts his own like OS or whatever on it :glasses:

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Nexus 7: Advantage is price and spec. Low price high spec to be exact

Not a candle to the new ipad but it is 1/2 the price £200 vs £400

android is a more flexible platform, an example being a free snesEmu and very customisable set of homescreens. though apple is superior in terms of whats available on the app store and has way more tablet friendly apps

It syncs easily to my phone, If both devices are on the same wifi i can swap files very easily.

I can tether them so the tablet can get 3g why out and about

Con: 16gb memory, not expandable, screen though very decent, doesn't hold a candle to retina display and super amoled . 7inch display is very nice, and portable,. the 10inch screen is way better for videos and web use

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Using the iPad has its merits and demerits, navigation isn't easy. And I wonder how people carry it around because it's weighty I won't lie. I took it to the office and was told I had the very outdated version that came out only a few months ago. Yeaaaaah, Apple ftw. I'm now thinking of getting a tablet for my folks so we can Skype. I've never Skyped with them, all these years. Tablet for convenience. Btw, Admins please move this to the Tech section, I'm sorry I just noticed my error. Eppy, which one do you have? Which one do you recommend?

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I just never saw the need for a tablet. Its like a mix between my computer and my phone.. or a wannabe laptop. I think they are pretty neat, but I'll never find good use for one seeing as I can do what i need to do on my phone.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Using the iPad has its merits and demerits, navigation isn't easy. And I wonder how people carry it around because it's weighty I won't lie. I took it to the office and was told I had the very outdated version that came out only a few months ago. Yeaaaaah, Apple ftw. I'm now thinking of getting a tablet for my folks so we can Skype. I've never Skyped with them, all these years. Tablet for convenience. Btw, Admins please move this to the Tech section, I'm sorry I just noticed my error. Eppy, which one do you have? Which one do you recommend?

You could always skype with them on laptops or cell phones. O_O I think the only thing the tablets have over both of those is the quality of the camera in the tablets make for better skyping quality.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I have the Microsoft Surface now omg its so nice :3

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I know you can use a laptop for usable means that a tablet has for it, except the gaming part of it, but it's also the convenience of having it by your bedside or something like and double up as an e-reader. They love books and physical copies, so if they want to try to read on it, they can.

Surface eeehhh ... I saw the launch video for it when it was released, sexy stuff. Windows 8?