Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Your favorite arc

Which one is it then?

I'm going to go on a re-watching spree soon after I take on Wolf's Rain and cry a bit.

I think my views of the show earlier were different, appreciation grew a lot more over the years and continues to grow.

Let's do this though. Comprehensive stuff. Let's divide this by Anime and by Manga too because SOMETIMES, oh yeah, at least a few times, the animation has sucked for episodes at length which may hinder the experience you have versus what you read in the manga.

So, discuss.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

My favorite arc would probably be Enies Lobby. The rocket man train was an epic entrance and the fights were some of the best in the series.

The Alabasta arc was way too long. Too much time walking the desert and not enough pirating adventures. It seemed to drag on for far too long in the anime.

Same with the Impel Down/Marineford arc.. That arc was very good tho. A shit ton of characters and purely epic battles.. but even tho it was great, it dragged on too long and didn't feel like One Piece any more because it was all Luffy and none of the straw hat crew.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It's been a while so I can't surely say which arc felt longer to me - Alabasta or Skypiea or Thriller Bark. I mean, my gripe with Thriller Bark was that scenes would unfold so so slowly, like they were milking it. With Alabasta and Skypiea, the story itself might have been long which justified it's length.

I'll post my comments once I'm done with a re-watch, but it's good food for thought.

Animationwise, I prefer the old style over the new only because of the way fights were animated.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thriller Bark was good in the manga, but it seemed to last forever. That arc took over a year of weekly chapters. The anime went through it quicker it seemed. I never read the alabastar arc in the manga so I have no idea if it was as long as the anime.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Oh yeah hahaha now that you mention it, I remember we even talked about how long it was in the manga during our coffee-One Piece talks. Shit, I gotta poop.

EDIT: Back, in just 2 mins. That was quick ^_^.

Anyway, I first starting watching One Piece early 2007. Chelle and you shipped me DVDs like the week before I left for the US and I was so glad I got em in time before I set out to NYC! So it's been about 5 and a half/ almost 6 years since I've been a fan of the anime. I've re-watched it 4 times so far, but it's been a while since I watched it from the beginning again. I want to see how it's aged.

Edited by Godgrave

Sign in to follow this