Sign in to follow this  
slippers

How often are you called for jury duty?

This Thursday was my 4th. I think I get the summon once every 1 and a half year or two but that's still one too many. I was lucky enough to get dismissal twice (once because there were too many people attended, and this time it was already settled and no need for trial). But still, the longest one was I had to wait for 5 hours (for this one 3 hours). Unfortunately most ppl have to stay in a crowded place from 8am to 5pm with ONE shitty restroom intact..it seems not worth all that trouble :\

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

only got summoned once like 5 years ago...got dismissed due to my mom going and breaking herself :P and also teh fact my dad was summoned for the exact same one

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I've been surveyed for selection, and I was summoned and served for 3 days on another. So once ever.. I didn't mind it. I got paid for mileage and being there, plus my job paid me for 24 hours of work, while I sat in a comfortable chair listening to the case.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I got someone else's "Juror's Qualification Questionaire".... That scared me as I thought it was for me before noticing the name.... Damn Mailman putting that into my apt mailbox when the letter doesn't even have an apartment number.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Only once here! It was about 6 years ago. I actually wanted them to pick me. It was a high profile case! Thought it would be cool to be a part of it. They had too many white people, tho.... lol

The watersprite that lives underground like a mole.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a juror's notification letter in the mail and called the phone number every day for a week to find out if I was being called in for selection, but my number was never called on and on the last day the message told me I did not need to call back and that my services would not be needed at this time. Kind of aggravating because I wouldn't know if I would have to go to the courthouse the next day until that night from 6pm and on. I couldn't plan anything for a week. Oh well.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Lucky that you didn't have to go in! I did, every day for about 5 days. Then they tell me I wasn't picked and my check will be in the mail. Barely made $50. Only time I can say "I'd rather be at work."

The watersprite that lives underground like a mole.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never get called. SIGH <3

there is a reason for that :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Sign in to follow this