DeathscytheX

Judge Dredd Trailer

I'll go see it but I think the whole "War On Drugs" story is starting to get outdated. Also for a moment I was reminded of the drug Nuke in RoboCop 2.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I just watched this on netflix and thought it was a lot of fun. I remember seeing complaints on the slow-mo somewhere.. but really it only happens in the first 1/5 of the film and the last scene... Its better than the Stallone version, but its not something thats gonna blow you mind... Its worth watching.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

That was probably me complaining about the slow motion. It annoyed me a bit, mostly because so many movies have those noticeable "3D" moments that annoy me. When I watch a movie on my regular non 3D HD tv, those 3D moments always stick out like a sore thumb and in Judge Dredd all the slow motion scenes were like that.

The movie was good, but it felt like it was missing something to me. I give props to Karl Urban for not showing his full face at all in the movie.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

LOL. I wonder if his face got sore from that permanent scowl. I thought the violence was bad ass.... you can tell it wasn't high budget, and it was all filmed in all of 3 locations. It was a damn good film that stayed within tight purse strings.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I seen this a while ago now, not bad, I like it. My only complaint about is that it didn't have much of a back story at all like the first one did. Pretty much just a straight "shoot em up". Which is fine, just expected more, I'm guessing they left out story for a sequel or trilogy, but I don't think that will happen.

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

It works for this movie because it gave you little information about the characters and the future. You don't really need a back story of how he became Dredd or how she had the ability she had. It's a problem most reboots face. In this case, leaving it out worked for the movie - at least for me. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thats a very good point. I didn't even realize that this movie gave me exactly what I've been wanting / complaining about. There has been so many reboots that we all know the origin stories. Screw the origin stories. Assume everyone knows the characters and make a movie. I like this movie more now because of this. Thanks Pchan! ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg