Sign in to follow this  
Khellendross

What GPU do you use?

My laptop has a Radeon HD 6970 in it (currently disabled due to shitty drivers from Alienware/Dell, have new drivers just haven't tried installing yet) and a Mobile Intel HD Graphics Card.

Other laptop had a Geforce FX 2500 M in it before it went and fried itself. Currently looking into getting another card for it but refurbished ones cost $400+ and you can't find them new.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

When a laptop has a beastly graphics card, how hot does the laptop get? O_O I'm assuming it must get pretty damn hot.

When the video card was working my laptop didn't run that hot actually, the good thing about Alienware laptops is they have beastly fans that keep the system cool and plenty of venting. Plus I also run a cooling fan under the laptop to keep temps even lower.

The laptop actually doesn't weigh much more then a normal laptop, roughly 7 or 8 lbs (haven't actually weighed it but it doesn't feel much heavier then my other one).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

my laptop is running a Geforce GT 555M with 3D enabled screen =D its glorious

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

560 TI 2GB.....love the card hate the drivers. nVidia has turned to shit these past few years in terms of driver stability. The stock drivers for the card work pretty well. Upgrade to the latest and you'll run into random crashes when viewing video or playing games. Computer will freeze, monitor will turn purple...etc etc. I've had to roll back my drivers twice. nVidia claims their working on fixes...

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

GPU ... what is that? I've heard of CPU.

graphics processing unit

The cpu is the brains of the computer, while a gpu is a chip for processing all the graphics. So many games have such intense graphics and real time processing, that a dedicated gpu is required to display the game.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Aaaah ... this's my GPU info from Newegg's site

Graphics

GPU/VPU

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Video Memory

Dedicated 1GB

Graphic Type

Dedicated Card

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Do share/ tell!

Oh.. she has the same GPU setup as in my laptop. But her display has that slightly more in depth color over mine. :P

I like to clean my toilet with 2 pieces of bread, and then I spread mayo on both of them and eat it for lunch.

lmao. I thought that was what the spammer posted at first until I saw the edited by message. lmao @ DX! X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Oh.. she has the same GPU setup as in my laptop. But her display has that slightly more in depth color over mine. :P

tumblr_m50tu9aPpv1ro0hy0.gif

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.