Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Some blood stuff I got done ...

So about a month ago, I weighed 185 pounds and said enough was enough, got on a diet and I lost weight, came to about 176 but being an emotional eater, I'm back at 180. Regardless, when I was a 185, I had a blood + urine test for a health insurance through my bank. The last time I had blood work done was ... probably 7 years ago and this was the first time I did a urine test. Anyway, I got my report in today and here's what I found outside of the advisable range -

Ranges in Italics

Calcium 10.6

7.5 - 10.5

Uric Acid 8.1

4 - 6.5

ALT (SGPT) 46

0 - 45

Total Cholesterol 305

120 - 220

LDL Cholesterol 199.4

50 - 178

Cholesterol/ HDL Ratio 8.068

1.5 - 4.5

Triglycerides 339

10 - 250

As you can see, I'm super healthy. Heart attack at 35/ 40, maybe. My house keys are stuck under my door mat with tape, just in case.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

XD i should get blood work done but they would probably just give it back and say dont have us draw blood mary out of your veins again

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

wtf only 80 proof? they diluting my shit damnit

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

hahaha

eppyomega.png

wtf is this bullshit ne?

Eeeeyup.

Your cholesterol is off the chart! O_O Stay away from the gooey white flesh!

So hard. But, I have no choice. 2012 looks bleak without the right meat *aaah I made that rhyme!*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I think it's the lack of eating real meat that's giving me a problem ... female meat could cure me.

Start by making your own dinner. Making healthy food isn't that hard, and switching out just one meal is a good way to start. After all, one of these days I plan on making ACFest again, and you'd better be alive to be there! :jab:

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

You iz coming!?!! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! Yeah, I started cooking my own food starting tonight, 2 pounds of beef mince ftw X'D ... ok that will kill me cholesterol >_<'

I said SOMEDAY, probally when I get a decent job so I can save up for the plane tickets! ><

And if you want, I'll send you some recipies we've tried here that work well. FSpoon is diabetic, so he has to be careful what he eats.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

ground beef (ground chuck or ground round) ground turkey and ground pork are for forming into balls patties and loaves

from this ground-beef-new09-md.jpg

to this fresh-ground-beef.jpg

for the love of crap look at the package and know wtf you're buying. Any type of ground beef you want 80% or a higher # then that for less fat and filler. Generally ground turkey is lowest in fat and calories. If its ground don't wash it or throw it in water..... :weep: season it form it fry it grill it bake it its versatile

stew beef comes pre cut, its good for long slow cooking, being submerged in broth to cook

stew_beef.png

pork and beef roasts are also good for a long soak in broth

you can usually find beef cut for stir fry size but for chicken cut your own skinless boneless chicken breast

if the meat is not of the ground variety wash it off no soap just a hot water rinse because the butcher block it was on before it was in the package is a nasty place with nasty bits all over it and yer food just rolled in it :barf:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:robot: *engraves it in his thick skull* thanks for the super tips Lady. I think I had a different concept of what I wanted to do last night and in my head I mixed it all up and it turned out to be something else. I added 3 full glasses of water, not knowing how the process worked, etc. I got a better hang of it now, not a 100% but I'm getting there ^_^, thanks! To you too Sledge!

Dubird, sure thing sure thing post em recipes and I'll check them out. I recently got a crock pot too.

I recommend picking healthy/unhealthy days, it's what i usually do, regarding other things not just food, but alcohol also. I'll eat healthy 3-5 days, then for 1 I'll eat junk food, last out a bit. I usually synchronize them with my drinking days, but then again i got too many of those and i don't recommend so to anyone lol. Also, the 1 day you eat junk food, doesn't mean you bynge, don't get me wrong. Eat normal sized meals, but just spoil yourself. It's worked well for me (or maybe its the jack daniels lying to me >_< )

"A Devil disguised as an Angel"

I actually switched to healthier eating not so long ago, fat free milk, not eating out as often, moar chicken and wild caught fish (Helps that I now live near Seattle) Soon as I have reliable transportation again I plan on taking a look at more of the Nature trails around here (will post pictures of that) >.>

Khellv2.jpg

thought i'd revive the topic cause i got free blood work done from my job at TGT....who knows how accurate some things are cause i was hungover and at the end of my TGT shift after also working a shift beforehand at my other job :/

Total Cholesterol 166

120 - 220

LDL Cholesterol 60

50 - 178

HDL - 38

Cholesterol/ HDL Ratio 4.4

1.5 - 4.5

Triglycerides 341 (hangover can cause that >_> and i love my foods :3)

10 - 250

My Glucose was at 87 for non fasting which is nominal and my blood pressure was a little high....but again thats after about 16 hours of work and back pain

eppyomega.png