DeathscytheX

Falling Skies

Yeah, The invasion had already happened by the time the series starts, It just follows a resistance group during occupation. A lot of good character development. definitely try to catch the reruns, or if you can find it online. Its worth the watch.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh to this season. And whats with the commercial breaks, especially 5 minutes before the end of the ep? I've read they were transitioning showrunners over this season, flipping half the staff... it definitely was felt. The second half was better than the first, but overall they could have done better.

From io9: http://io9.com/can-falling-skies-be-saved-956190309

So Falling Skies is getting a whole new writing team again, for its fourth season. There was a partial changeover between seasons one and two, with Mark Verheiden stepping down as showrunner and Remi Aubuchon taking over. But now, there'll be a complete changing of the guard, with David Eick (Battlestar Galactica, Bionic Woman) and Carol Barbee (Jericho) taking over. Eick and Barbee worked together on Tim Kring's recent show Touch. They inherit a show that needs a lot more focus.

If you already saw the season finale:

I'm glad they're back on the road again. The show def stagnated when they got comfortable in Charleston. Hopefully this will recapture the magic of the first 2 seasons.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This season annoyed me.. I felt like dropping the show during season 2, but the ending with the new aliens really piqued my interest.. but this season has disappointed me. But before I get into that.. yes! So many commercial breaks! I kept flipping back over to Shark Week on Discovery channel.

Maybe I missed an episode where things were explained.. but the things that annoyed me about this season include:

1) The new aliens show up, speak with an odd old english accent and there is no meaningful dialogue with the aliens.. As in, there is no backstory to these aliens, no references to their culture, no discussion about the numerous planets or other species they have encountered.. No explanation as to what the fish head species goals are, why they are on the planet, how did they track the fish heads here.. nothing.. Except Cochese (sp?) seems to have completely adapted to being a human in an alien suit and playing a role. And he landed with what looks like a combat alien suit like something out of predator, but they never show that suit again.

2) There were too many pointless episodes where nothing was accomplished. After an episode is over, I think to myself, what did they do to further humanity's chances of winning... nothing. I don't feel nervous or scared for any characters because the show is on season 3 and they almost never kill off any characters regardless of their odds of survival. Too many Pope/Mason scenes.. they don't like each other.. ok, got it, move on.

3) Their main weapon is a .50 caliber that only one person in the entire show is ever shown shooting it..

4) I thought those massive towers were the alien ships.. but when Mason was captured and in one, it was noticeable that it was constructed out of salvaged human buildings and materials.. where are the ships they invaded with? They took out the entire world's armies with just land mechs and some scout ships? Sure they were impervious to regular bullets unless they were made with the same alloy that the mechs are made out of, but still.. nukes, napalm, etc.. where are their forces?

5) Mason escaped the tower.. and casually boats away on a yacht.. there is no alien threat.. if he can casually boat away in plain sight.

6) They attack the tower.. by floating a barge down the middle of a large harbor in the middle of the day, in plain sight.. The alien tower only launches fighters after they are attacked.. They have the technology to travel across the stars, conquer entire planets, have a massive force field around the entire planet, but they don't have radar... or even skitters looking out a window, considering they had whatshisface on the barge with the harness nubs on his back who seems to always make contact with skitters.

7) Whats the point of the harnesses when they have these bugs that completely control a persons mind? Sure the harnesses will mutant the person into a skitter.. is that the point of them invading earth? To increase their numbers?.. if not, just bug everyone.

8) The tower goes down, new alien ship lands.. tells everyone they'll be relocated to Brazil.. my first thought was.... they have a massive ship, they've seen brazil, they can set up a camp there, transport everyone, etc.. ok, but what about the rest of the planet? Did they do any reconnaissance? If the fish head army is all moving to the north pole.. these aliens could do flybys all over the planet, broadcast messages in just about any language to the rest of the planet, etc. Its fine if they can't do that, or they don't want to, but maybe they should have mentioned anything about the world outside of this small group of humans.

9) There was no Fish heads this season.. instead their enemy was a horney human girl with a power trip. If the fish heads are so dangerous, why are there none left?

They really need some good writers.. I'd list off the good parts of the series, but its hard for me.. because the good parts of team work, human struggle, emotional scenes, etc. all happen so frequently that they lose all meaning. I know TNT prides itself on "drama", but man, they need to balance that out with some good writing and plausible scenarios.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If it's a half-assed show, I ain't watching it.

Would you guys recommend it? 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Theres no real consistency to the show. It feels like everyone is an actor reading well rehearsed lines as opposed to being the actual characters they're supposed to be portraying. No realism to me.

i just watched its few episodes on you tube, nice show

Cool, do you have a favorite character yet?

If it's a half-assed show, I ain't watching it.

Would you guys recommend it? 

I'd probably say pass.. The first season was the best, not that much CG / special effects and it was focused on the group of human survivors. Season 2 was ok, but season 3 felt like they tried too hard and needed a better writer.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg