Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

The Thing

DX, you watched this in the theater didn't you?

How was it guys? I was thinking of watching it ... waste of time?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

It was pretty awesome. Aside from the first time it bursts out of someone, the special effects are wicked. They connected everything to the first film, including the ice coffin, and the 2 burnt specimens that MacReady's team found at the camp... (Of course if you're as big as a fan as I am of the 80's film you caught most of that in the trailer :P) and a nice tie in and the end connecting it to the beginning of the first. They're plenty of scenes that make you jump and nothing happens to catch you off guard when something does happen. lol

The Kurt Russel one is still superior, but this film does a lot of fan service to fans of the 80s film.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yep yep, watched it at home, picked up a 1080p rip. I liked the end part where they chase the dog. But, the girl seems to survive and the ending is open on that front, unexplained, they don't say if she survived or not. Other than that, it's not REALLY a sequel since it all mirrors the original in terms of story, even the blood test idea. I wish they'd make the movie LOOK dated and not look so crisp and clean like it was made today. Overall, it's decent, I wouldn't re-watch it.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yep yep, watched it at home, picked up a 1080p rip. I liked the end part where they chase the dog. But, the girl seems to survive and the ending is open on that front, unexplained, they don't say if she survived or not. Other than that, it's not REALLY a sequel since it all mirrors the original in terms of story, even the blood test idea. I wish they'd make the movie LOOK dated and not look so crisp and clean like it was made today. Overall, it's decent, I wouldn't re-watch it.

It wasn't a sequel, it was a prequel performed to near perfection except the girl not dying... which I assumed she did in the blistering antarctic cold with no communication to be rescued. The 2 specimens that MacReady's team picked up we got to see in action. They looked exactly how they did when they were picked up, and found in the same locations in which they were left. The ice coffin was explained, the dog running away at the end is how the Kurt Russel movie started. Although the pilot is a mystery... in the Russel movie the pilot was never explained... he just left the guy after he was shot in the eye? He had no clue about the Thing in the first place... so while it make sense, it doesn't at the same time lol. The ship being buried under the ice was inconsistent. The footage MacReady's team saw showed the Norwegians blowing up the ice over it. All in all I'd call it pretty good. They paid close attention to the 80's film when making this one. There was a scene deleted showing how the guy with the slit wrists and throat frozen in the 80's movie came to be, they didn't include it because they said it didn't fit the flow of the film. I hope its included in the DVD.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!