Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Battlefield 3 - The most beautiful FPS ever...

I still haven't gotten that vehicle destroy with repair torch yet. I'll get it one of these days tho. I've been playing the hell out of the close quarters maps in conquest domination today. I swear for about half the time I was playing I kept getting on shit teams with every member of the opposing team consisting of 8 colonels that already have the maps memorized and are all experts. Some guy went 72 and 16. wtf. Anyway. I did have fun once I got off that server. :P Once you start playing the CQ maps, watch out for c4 on the flags. The flag captures are so quick, its easy to get to a flag, drop a resupply kit, drop 3 c4s and move on to the next flag. Once you see the flag you were just on start blinking because an enemy is there trying to claim it, hit your c4. lmao. I got almost 30 c4 kills just today! X'D Everyone is wising up to that tho and its now common to throw a grenade at the flag or m320 it to blow up explosives before you get the flag. Either that or wait on your teammate to start capturing it, explode and then you move in and revive.

The highlight of my day was getting two triple kills with c4 in the same match. X'D

Donya fortress and ziba tower are my favorites of the 4 new maps. I haven't played as much on operation 925 tho. Scrap metal is like a maze to me. I think I just need to spend more time getting used to the shortcuts to the flags. Which btw, makes holding a flag pretty much impossible. You can never cover all entrances to a flag location because theres always at least 4 ways to get to any flag. Including jumping down from a higher level to catch people off guard. Huge flag capture points in cd domination mode too because of the high turnover of flags.

oh.. and I suck at Gun master. X'D Very interesting game mode where you can't use any gadgets and you can only use the 17 weapons and knife as someone in the round unlocks them. You need 2 kills with each of the 17 weapons and finish the round with a knife kill. I haven't gotten past getting level 7, which is 2 kills with seven weapons. Yeah.. maybe I'll get in the top 5 one of these days. Whats aggravating is getting kill assists in this mode. Points are good and all, but its really an individual goal and not a team based win at all. So I've gotten used to following a teammate and stealing his kill after he hits an enemy with a couple shots. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sounds like an annoying mode in COD Black Ops I hated because I can't quick scope so when it came to the final two sniper rifles, no matter how far ahead I was, I'd always fall behind and come in 2nd place or 3rd.

C4 Shenanigans are my specialty, I'll definitely be c4 trolling, and tossing grenades at flags before rushing in.

I suicide C4 a lot on conquest, Its funny when they finally catch on to what I am doing. As I run up to a tank I'm getting lit up because they have scouts watching as the tank caps the flag... or even more funny when the gunner and driver jump out but I still kill them both with my blast. X'D

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I never updated this topic for the Armored Kill DLC. AK is good. The maps are a good size, but this expansion must have been made primarily for PC. Don't get me wrong, conquest on the ps3 is still damn good fun, but the one thing that annoyed me was the lack of spawning vehicles at the flags. On PC, vehicles spawn at most of the flags, but for the consoles, these maps spawn almost all vehicles at the base, aside from an occasional mobile artillery or quad bike.

The new DLC, Aftermath.. wow. This dlc is really really good. The new maps are some of the best in the game and the new scavenger game mode is extremely fun. Its like a mixture of close quarters domination, tdm and gunmaster all mixed into a conglomeration of awesome. The new crossbow is fun to use.. and seeing as it is a gadget, it makes for some interesting weapon combinations. One shot kill with the crossbow, switch to primary weapon, then side arm. This should make TDM on all maps a bit more interesting.

Yeah Amored kill was made for PC... a lot of the conquest maps have 2 more flags than console on just about any map outside of it as well. Those parts of every map are generally only available on the last bomb sites on rush for console. But I do like the AC130. Within 3 matches it became my top vehicle in kills. X'D I went 30-8 on a match, and 6 of my deaths were suicides trying to get back into the ac130. Close Quarters is still my favorite as of right now. It takes COD's domination and makes it playable without the constant spawn trapping and general lag BS COD suffers from. Can't wait to play aftermath.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I got the c4 bolt unlocked for my xbow. Its very nice. Huge bullet drop on this one. It drops like a rock while the other bolts have sniper rifle range. The one thing I really like is that you have the xbow equipped as a gadget and while in the match you can hit down on the dpad to change the bolts you are using on the fly. So I was switching between the regular for distance and c4 for shooting at a jeep. I really like that. If only the m320 worked like that instead of choosing only smoke, grenade or buck.