Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Jodie Foster Helps Reactivate SETI!

http://gizmodo.com/5830443/jodie-foster-helps-reactivate-the-search-for-extra+terrestrial-life

Things got pretty hairy for alien civilizations hunters after the US government shut down SETI last April. But thanks to the donations of many people, the search is back on. One of those donors is the lovely Jodie Foster.

Foster starred as Dr. Ellie Arroway in Robert Zemeckis's Contact, a 1997 film based on a novel by Carl Sagan. Dr. Arroway was the stubborn SETI scientist who detected the first signal after many years of frustation, suffering the mocking of other scientists and multiple political ambushes. Arroway's character was modeled after SETI's Jill Cornell Tarter and two of the first radio astronomers, Grote Reber and John Kraus, who were radio operators like the young Ellie.

The actress has donated an undetermined amount to the SETI program, which needed $200,000 to continue operations of the 42 dishes of the Allen Telescope Array. But while the program is back on its feet, the measure is only temporary. The array needs $5,000,000 per year to operate normally.

What I can't understand is why nerds richer than God—like Sergey Brin or Larry Page or Zuck—don't contribute to the program. One million each, maybe? It's bloody spare change for them. Hell, if I got the Powerball, I'd totally fund them for a year or two. Especially now, when we are discovering so many new solar systems with habitable planets.

Awesome.. Now if only it would stay on.. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I love Jodi Foster regardless of her oozing sexiness and nude scenes and this just bumps her love within my heart a notch higher.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      So much action.
      I'm glad Will Smith isn't in this movie.. his last couple movies really were't that good and if it was once again a Will Smith / Jaden Smith movie it would have sucked. *looking at you After Earth*
    • By Sledgstone
      This movie has a lot more potential now.
    • By Sledgstone
      It definitely looks like this movie will be a more action packed version of Pitch Black. I hope the plot is good, because with how Chronicles of Riddick ended, I was half expecting Riddick to be ruler of the galaxy by now.
    • By Sledgstone
      It definitely looks like this movie will be a more action packed version of Pitch Black. I hope the plot is good, because with how Chronicles of Riddick ended, I was half expecting Riddick to be ruler of the galaxy by now.
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      After watching this trailer, I'm really looking forward to seeing this.Official Site: http://www.itsbetterupthere.com