Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Russia Reclassifies Beer As 'Alcoholic', No Longer Considered Food

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/07/blasphemy-russia-reclassifies-beer-as-al.php

Because the man is always trying to get a boozehound down, Russia has classified beer as alcohol instead of food, despite the fact I practically live off the stuff. Well, that, and the scorched flesh of my enemies (I'm an alcoholic dragon).

Until now anything containing less than 10% alcohol in Russia has been considered a foodstuff.

Russian alcohol consumption is already twice the critical level set by the World Health Organization.

The move, signed into law on Wednesday, will allow ministers to control the sale of beer in the same way that spirits are controlled.

Correspondents say it is common to see people swigging beer in the street and in parks as if they are drinking soft drinks.

It is not restricted to certain stores and is sold around the clock.

Damn, Russia actually sounds pretty cool. Plus I heard you could buy vodka in cans out of vending machines over there. I may just have to move Russia into my top-10 vacation spots to check out! "What are the other ones?" Staycation written nine times :/

Russia classifies beer as alcoholic [bbcnews]

and

Kremlin Brew [behance] (for the picture)

Thanks to Pells G, who agrees if beer isn't food, then why has it made me so fat? "Well, it still has calori--" DON'T YOU GO BRINGING SCIENCE INTO THIS.

Wow.. Russia is pretty hardcore with their alcohol if they considered anything with less than 10% alcohol to not be considered alcohol before now.. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/07/blasphemy-russia-reclassifies-beer-as-al.php

Wow.. Russia is pretty hardcore with their alcohol if they considered anything with less than 10% alcohol to not be considered alcohol before now.. O_O

:nah:More like a bunch of drunks slowly sobering up.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I thought I posted a trailer for this before but I can't find it. This movie looks amazing to me. I must watched this dubbed when it comes out.
    • By Pchan
      Happy Birthday mate!

What PRESENTS didja get?!

What plans? 

Is there going to be CAAAAAAAAAAAKE?

• By Sledgstone
      http://gizmodo.com/5698734/russia-spending-2-billion-to-play-garbage-man-in-outer-space
      There is definitely a space junk issue in orbit.. but maybe Russia is doing this to make all those pieces of junk crash down on Russia's land so they can salvage all those rare minerals from the satellites or get access to some other countries tech? And if they're going to have a space bumper car up there, they could technically bump all kinds of satellites out of orbit so they could send projectiles down all over the globe in a war situation. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this...
    • By Sledgstone
      What have you been drinking lately?
      And have you tried any new alcohol, beer, wine, etc.? What would you recommend? or avoid?
      I discovered the joys of Mead this past weekend. A winery in the area makes their own meads, the one I tried was the sweet mead. So good.
      Heres a pic: