Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

FBI - The Vault

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/investigating-t.php

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's newly-revamped online "Vault" gives the public easy access to formerly-secret documents that detail everything from counter-terrorism investigations to rundowns on prominent individuals and potentially "subversive" national organizations.

It's a fascinating resource. For example, we were able to discover that the U.S. government spent actual time and money investigating the mid-1960s make-believe band, The Monkees. The curiously heavily-redacted Monkees dossier summarizes the pretend bands' television show as "four young men who dress as 'beatnik types' and is geared primarily to the teenage market." During a Monkees performance, a (name-redacted) source reports that an onstage screen flashed subliminal "left wing innovations of a political nature."

But the Bureau isn't all about keeping tabs on fake boy bands, assessing threatening letters sent to Colonel Sanders, or probing Carl Sagan's tenuous connections to Central American terrorists. They also launched numerous investigations into crazy supernatural stuff! The Vault's features previously secret FBI documents looking into phenomenon usually reserved for Hollywood-style escapism. Here's a look at some of the most fascinating real life X-Files.

Click the link above for the story about cow mutilations, ESP and Roswell! Interesting stuff.

And heres the link to the FBI vault:

http://vault.fbi.gov/

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      So much action.
      I'm glad Will Smith isn't in this movie.. his last couple movies really were't that good and if it was once again a Will Smith / Jaden Smith movie it would have sucked. *looking at you After Earth*
    • By Sledgstone
      Anyone else watch the new episode last night? Its great to see Mulder and Scully team up again. I love that they went right into an alien technology / government conspiracy.
    • By Sledgstone
      It definitely looks like this movie will be a more action packed version of Pitch Black. I hope the plot is good, because with how Chronicles of Riddick ended, I was half expecting Riddick to be ruler of the galaxy by now.
    • By Sledgstone
      It definitely looks like this movie will be a more action packed version of Pitch Black. I hope the plot is good, because with how Chronicles of Riddick ended, I was half expecting Riddick to be ruler of the galaxy by now.
      Click here to view the article