Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Its the end of the world! This saturday!

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/12/136239062/divining-doomsday-an-old-practice-with-new-tricks

Margaret Pease stands on a corner in downtown Pittsburgh, handing out doomsday pamphlets.

"JUDGMENT DAY FOLKS!" she yells with a volume that would make a drill sergeant proud. "May 21, 2011!"

For the past seven months, Pease has been crisscrossing the country in a caravan with eight others, warning anyone who will listen that God's wrath is near.

"I might be a little loud, but I want people to get the message," she says. "I don't want anybody's blood on my hands. ... JUDGMENT DAY FOLKS!"

Nearby, David Liquori is telling passerby Thomas Sayers what he thinks will happen in just a few days.

"On May 21 at about 6 p.m., an earthquake of proportions which have never been known since man was on the Earth will occur," Liquori says.

"This coming 21?" Sayers asks.

"Yes, sir."

"Oh, this is going to be awesome!" Sayers says. "Where's it going to happen?"

"It's going to happen everywhere," Liquori says. "Everywhere."

Sayers doesn't buy it.

Click the above link for the rest of the article...

and... what about the pets of the people about to be raptured!?

http://gizmodo.com/5803629/crazy-people-drive-post-rapture-pet-pickup-boom

The end times are this weekend, and I know what you're thinking: What about my dog? Don't sweat, for $135 a group of plucky blaspheming atheists will swing by your crib and pick up your pets. Holla!

The rapture is a thing that some Christians believe in where true believers will be taken to heaven, while the rest of humanity is left on Earth to suffer. It's actually happening this weekend on May 21, according to some crazy people who are crazy. In the event it does Eternal Earthbound Pets will go by your home, pick up your dog or cat, and place it in the home of a pet-loving atheist who will take care of it for the remainder of its life, all for just $135.

No, it's not a joke.

"We're for real," promises founder Bart Centre. "It's a serious business."

Nor is it a scam. Technically.

Centre is completely upfront that he doesn't think he'll be picking up pets on Monday. "We never expect to have to execute these contracts," he explains. "But we have the cadre, the infrastructure and the organization in the absurdly remote event that the rapture ever happens."

The organization started in 6 states and now operates in 26, mostly in the heartland and New England. (Sorry, New York and California, your pets will just have to starve to death after the rapture. But you're probably all going to Hell, anyway.) If there is a suspected rapture event, Eternal Earthbound Pets will call its clients. If they don't answer, rescuers will be dispatched to pick up the pets that have been left behind. It has 44 rescuers lined up, all committed atheists.

In fact, in order to qualify, Centre has each rescuer blaspheme in writing in accordance with Mark 3:29. "It's the only unforgivable sin," he explains. That way, even if a rescuer does find Jesus prior to the rapture, they're still screwed in case of the rapture. And will thus be here to pick up your pet. Hell, yeah.

And with the rapture coming this weekend, business has never been better. It's up 50 percent over a year ago, enough that the group raised its fee from $110 to $135 this January. "I feel like Santa and all his elves right before Christmas," says Centre, in a bad analogy but, hey, he's saving your pets so we'll give it to him.

And along with the boom in business of crazy people who just want their pets picked up, the group is also dealing with a boom in threats from crazy people who think offering to pick up pets after a rapture event is a very bad thing. "We get our share of hate mail and death threats," says Centre. "People threaten to kill and rape us, in that order." Well naturally!

This Saturday at 6pm.. the end of the world.. So what are your plans?

I think I'll be sitting at home drinking a rum and coke.. assuming I'm still not stuck at walmart in line getting ready to checkout.. how horrible would that be? The end of the world and I'm stuck in a checkout line at walmart. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'll be at home hoping my landlords get raptured. That way I no longer have to pay monthly rent.

Squatters Rights!....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

:petrified: * after reading*

:frozen: God dont leave me behind if it does happen....

:noway: omg nononono! this is a fake cant be true!!!!

:omg:................... I didn't finish my xbox games or reading /watching all the anime...................XD!! not to mention....

:soul: .................................. I only read very little of the bible..he must be pissed if it did happen ... but I finished reading the new testament.

:gloomstress: but I dont think its gonna happen.....................cause first of all were not suppose to know when anyways .....they just want us to follower there church or something

:blackhole:

" ----" omg!!! I just remembered!!!!..... I work at my job today.................. and I CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!

!:touched: * just remembered its FRIDAY!!!!* :omfg: but I close again tomorrow ...O_O bymyself

Edited by Japan

I know some super christy ppl and if they go I'm looting their house n takin their cars :meh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

dkxx4HUwGZI&feature=feedu

1zm9saD19bY&feature=feedu

mro-Q-D3qq0&feature=feedf

f9KlMWzKj4s&feature=feedf

If only the last one was true....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796

The evangelical broadcaster who left followers crestfallen by his failed prediction that last Saturday would be Judgement Day says he miscalculated.

Harold Camping said it had "dawned" on him that God would spare humanity "hell on Earth for five months" and the apocalypse would happen on 21 October.

Mr Camping said he felt "terrible" about his mistake.

But he said he could not give financial advice to those who spent their life savings in the belief the end was nigh.

Mr Camping had predicted that on 21 May, true believers would be swept up to heaven while a giant earthquake would bring destruction for those left behind.

His independent ministry, Family Radio International, spent millions of dollars on broadcasts, billboards and campaign vehicles to publicise the prediction.

Some followers donated their life savings or simply gave away their worldly possessions as the day approached.

_52885180_012031997-1.jpg The predicted doomsday was publicised worldwide

Many expressed bewilderment and shock as the day came and went with no sign of the global cataclysm.

"I've been mocked and scoffed and cursed at," said Jeff Hopkins, a retired TV producer in New York state who spent some of his savings customising his car to showcase Mr Camping's warning.

"It's like getting slapped in the face."

'Not accurate' Mr Camping had not been seen since Saturday until he appeared on a show on his Open Forum radio show, broadcast from Oakland, California, on Monday to give a 90-minute sometimes rambling presentation that included a question-and-answer session with reporters.

He said that when his prediction had failed to materialise he felt so terrible that he took refuge in a motel with his wife.

He said sorry for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have".

Over the weekend, he said, he had returned to the scripture and it had "dawned" on him that a "merciful and compassionate God" would spare humanity by compressing the apocalyptic destruction into a shorter time frame.

But he insisted 21 October had always been the end-point of his own chronology - or at least his own latest chronology, as a previous prophecy that the apocalypse would strike in 1994 also failed to come to pass.

Asked if he had any advice to offer those who had given away their material wealth in the belief the world was about to end, Mr Camping said they would cope.

"We just had a great recession. There's lots of people who lost their jobs, lots of people who lost their houses... and somehow they all survived," he said.

"We're not in the business of giving any financial advice," he added.

"We're in the business of telling people maybe there is someone you can talk to, and that's God."

X'D ... God lied to him.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

But he insisted 21 October had always been the end-point of his own chronology - or at least his own latest chronology, as a previous prophecy that the apocalypse would strike in 1994 also failed to come to pass.

So now we have to wat till October 22nd to laugh at him again for being a false prophet.

e1h_DiJLN1E&feature=feedu

The guy is a dick and did all this bs just to secure more money for his cult.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=136434683

Camping offered no clues about Family Radio's finances Monday, saying he could not estimate how much had been spent on getting out his prediction nor how much money the nonprofit had taken in as a result. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg