Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

FUNimation Acquires 'Fairy Tail' Anime

http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/19916.html

At Sakura Con FUNimation Entertainment announced the acquisition of the 48-episode Fairy Tail anime series from Kodansha Ltd. Produced by A-1 Pictures and Satelight and directed by Shinji Ishihira, the Fairy Tail anime series is based on the popular manga by Hiro Mashima (Rave Master). Del Rey began publishing the Fairy Tail manga series in the U.S. in 2008. Kodansha USA has taken over the series and will publish Volume 13 of the manga in May (the series has reached 24 volumes in Japan).

FUNimation has already begun production of an English language version of Fairy Tail with actor Todd Haberkorn as Natsu. Tyler Walker is the ADR director on the project. FUNimation plans to release the complete Fairy Tail anime series on Blu-ray and DVD in the U.S. later this year.

At least Fairy Tail will be available on dvd and bluray soon. I just hope funimation releases in full season sets for a decent price. If they try and do season 1 box 1, 2, 3, 4 for $19-$29 a piece like what they've done with one piece... $80-$120 a season.. then no, this will be yet another great series I'll never be able to afford to own. -_-

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

they are pretty good pricewise with their BDs....DBZ Kai BDs are going for 16-20 a pop for 13 eps each part

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

=( all theanime dvds , cds etc "EVERYTHING" is so freakin expensive years ago in high school i went to otakon ....and I was broke in just 2 hours being there..and i didnt work at the time so my whole time there pretty much suck and still at home trying to watch most of the anime I can off of netflix cause my computer is sooooo extremely slow to do anything. Anime box sets and Fairy tail...awsome

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      You know there is too much fan service when the male characters are no longer interested.
    • By Sledgstone
      Anyone else see this? I watched it today because I noticed it on netflix. It came out a couple years ago but I never watched it until now. Half the movie was slow but it finished with a decent fight. Its not actually tied into either of the FMA series and its made more as a stand alone movie. The production quality makes it feel like this could have been presented as a 4 episode OVA rather than a movie. There were breaks of dialogue between every major scene which caused it to not flow as smoothly as what I'd expect from a movie. Its still decent to watch just to see the ending fight.. unfortunately there is no Roy Mustang fight scene.. just when you think you might see one, there he is walking away from his fried opponent. Damn.
    • By Sledgstone
      Natsu the dragon slayer!
    • By Sledgstone
      Natsu all fired up.
    • By Sledgstone
      With the Fairy Tail anime starting later this month, I figured it was time I actually did something with our Fairy Tail site. The site is still being worked on and is not yet available, but a basic gallery is up and I plan on updating it with screen shots from the anime and other pictures I come across.
      http://www.fairytail.us/