Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

U.S. launches missile strikes against Libya

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42164455/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

BENGHAZI, Libya — The United States launched its first missile attack on Libyan air defenses on Saturday, NBC News confirmed, as America and its allies began enforcing a no-fly zone.

President Barack Obama prepared to make a statement on the situation shortly, White House spokesman Jim Carney said.

Earlier, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said allied air forces had gone into action on over Libya and were preventing Moammar Gadhafi's forces from attacking the rebel city of Benghazi.

A French official said a French fighter jet had fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in the first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone. Overall, at least four Libyan tanks were destroyed in French attack, Al Jazeera reported.

French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard said the allies' initial attack was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday (12:45 pm ET).

He said no hostile fire on the French jet had been reported.

France sent a dozen Mirage and Rafale jets Saturday to survey the one-time opposition stronghold of Benghazi and the 150 kilometer-by-100 kilometer no-fly zone, Burkhard said.

"All aircraft that enter into this zone could be shot down," he said.

The strike came less than two hours after top officials from the United States, Europe and the Arab world agreed in Paris to launch a risky military operation to protect civilians from attacks by Gadhafi's forces.

It also came after Libyan government forces attacked Benghazi earlier Saturday, apparently ignoring a proclaimed cease-fire.

"Our planes are already preventing air attacks on the city," Sarkozy said adding that military action could be halted if Gadhafi stopped his forces.

"Our determination is total," the French leader said.

Asked if the aim of the military intervention was to overthrow Gadhafi, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in Paris for the meeting about Libya, did not answer the question directly but said the aim of Western powers was to protect civilians.

"If the international community is to have credibility ... then action must take place," Clinton told a news conference.

Clinton added that "we have every reason to fear that left unchecked, Gadhafi will commit unspeakable atrocities."

Click the link for the rest of the article... why does the US have to involve itself? and why is the US teaming up with France? O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42164455/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

Click the link for the rest of the article... why does the US have to involve itself? and why is the US teaming up with France? O_O

Because no matter who gets put into the white house they end up being a war hungry fucktard?

Its how we say sorry for Freedom Fries.... and Freedom Toast.... and Freedom Dressing.... and the disaster that was Freedom Kissing....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

we just helped with the initial assault...we arent gonna doing anything else except lend support aircraft like fual planes...this is a UN war not a US war this time

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

drop a bomb to save a life

everything has to be th eUS business. no wonder the whole world hates you and create more terrorism all over the globe

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

btw anti war protesters were arrested yesterday outside white house for "commemorating" iraq war anniversary. fucking hypocrite.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=101

just more expensive bullshit sucking away our tax dollars

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174803-michael-bay-offers-a-transformers-4-update
      I did not know Michael Bay was going to make another transformers. This is a series I would like to see rebooted and have nothing to do with Michael Bay.
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174803-michael-bay-offers-a-transformers-4-update
      I did not know Michael Bay was going to make another transformers. This is a series I would like to see rebooted and have nothing to do with Michael Bay.
    • By Sledgstone
      http://dvice.com/archives/2009/06/xm-25-rifle-sho.php
      Holy crap, 25 mm rounds are larger than most anti-tank rounds. Imagine the recoil when shooting that f*cker.