Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Thundercats anime series and toys

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19332.html

The new Thundercats animated series, which is being produced in Japan by Studio 4*C (The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, Tekkon Kinkreet, Halo Legends) and is set to debut on the Cartoon Network later this year, definitely has more of an “anime” look to it than the original 1980s Thundercats cartoon, even though that series was also animated in Japan.

While the Thundercats live-action movie appears to be stuck in Hollywood’s expansive “development hell,” the TV series, which was announced last summer (see “New Thundercats Series”), is on track for its 2011 debut and the new more anime-influenced character designs are on display in a recently released poster image and in the new series of licensed Thundercats toys based on the Cartoon Network series.

The new Lion-O has the faceted hairdo of a DBZ or Yu-Gi-Oh! character, while Cheetara is more waiflike in her new incarnation, and the bruising Panthro looks like he could have stepped right out of Heat Guy J. It turns out that the team’s pet/mascot Snarf, who does not appear in the poster illustration has a younger, somewhat less rotund appearance than the original character. The image of the new Snarf comes from the packaging of a new Thundercats Thunder Tank via Superhero Hype.

The sleek and powerful new Thunder Tank itself makes an interesting contrast to the original toy design. The packaging of the new Tank gives it a more massive appearance, but it also clearly pays homage to the original Thunder Tank concept.

Click the above link to see some of the pics from the series.. and this link to see the new toys:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125304-thundercats-reveals-the-new-snarf

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

ill watch it...always fun to see something get new polish to it

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Mabye its just me, but I don't like Lion-o's new look. It just looks like its going to be super kiddish with a crumby juvenile storyline.
I don't really like any of there new looks.... even thought they look kinda neat.... They just look copied & pasted from FF7 & a little more....

http://www.icv2.com/articles/article_image.php?ig=16107

Lion-O looks like Cloud

Tygra's pose looks like Vincent's

I wanna say Panthro looks like Barret, but the more I look at him he looks like Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop.

Cheetara looks like Tifa.... I was hoping Cheetara would be wearing a Cammy Like Bathing Suit....

http://www.icv2.com/articles/article_image.php?ig=16108

Snarf reminds me of Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

damnit you beat me to it XD...jsut saw the trailer before work yesterday

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i think it looks decent.

will give it a try

with modern cartoons of this genre, they aim at young adults too, so they hold back on graphic violence for younger viewers, but throw in a decent story for adults

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

im dling the current episode right now...so far there are 7 eps out currently

eppyomega.png