Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

This Is the Apocalyptic Storm Hitting the US Right Now

http://gizmodo.com/5748771/

500x_5405938454_aa75058bda_o.jpg

Get ready, because the snowpocalypse is back. This snow storm system is huge. NASA Goddard has released this amazing image, showing how it looks from space—bloody scary, that's how.

500x_screen_shot_2011-02-01_at_10.05.44_am.jpg

The image was captured by the GOES-13 satellite, operated by NOAA. They say that this "massive winter storm affecting a large portion of great plains and midwest" is just getting worse:

A large swath of blizzard warnings, winter storm warnings, freezing rain advisories, winter weather advisories and winter storm watches are in effect, stretching from new Mexico and the Southern Plains northeastward through the Midwest and into the upper Mid-Atlantic and New England.

According to NOAA, the storm will hit really hard over Texas tonight, "and intensify rapidly as it moves northeast into the Ohio Valley Tuesday night and Wednesday, then eventually re-form off the mid-Atlantic or New England coast late Wednesday."

In other words: Expect extreme travel disruption and lots of snow zombies over the next 48 hours.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If there's not snow on the ground in every state (like last year), it can't be considered a true Snowpocolypse. XD

But yeah, ice in Dallas. Woke up, saw the street was solid white, and went back to sleep. Whee!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

we'll be in an 8-12 inch band once it gets going here

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yeah, it's snowing here and I guess we're in for around 12 inches by the days end. XD Something I didn't overly miss while I lived in Arizona. (Back in Michigan now)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

There actually isn't much snow at least where I'm at X'D ... Manhattan was slushygushymushy! USA should be the new Canada buhuhuhahahahaha!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm not sure of the actual snow fall count but on top of what we already had we can now lose our dog in the snow around the driveway. >.> Poor Cerberus....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

I didn't get much in the way of snow. We had about an inch of solid ice on the roads though. That was two days ago, and it's still there. I'm hoping the sun comes out today because that might melt it enough I can go somewhere. ><

acsig2016.jpg

Well, it was trying to melt, but with little sun and highs only to lower 20s, didn't make much headway when we got about 6 inches of snow on Thursday night/Friday day. Fortunatly, the sun was out and the temp around and over 40 all day today, so the roads are mostly clear now.

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this