Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Henry Cavill to Play Superman

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73652

Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that Henry Cavill will play Clark Kent/Superman in the Zack Snyder-directed Superman movie:

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has won the coveted role of Superman, the iconic superhero.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Cavill recently wrapped production on “The Cold Light of Day” and stars in the upcoming “Immortals,” opening this fall.

Targeted for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I predict this movie will do pretty well at the box office. Lots of dumbed down slow gayness aka 300, Watchmen.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19646.html

Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins is the template for Zack Snyder’s new Superman movie, which will likely be titled Man of Steel. Snyder is rebooting the franchise by going with the premise that there have been no other Superman movies. Snyder told the L.A. Times’ Hero Complex, “If you look at Batman Begins, there’s the (comic book) canon that we know and respect, but on the other hand there’s this approach that pre-supposes that there haven’t been any other movies.”

Snyder wants to take this reboot-the-franchise, Batman Begins approach to his new Superman movie, “In every aspect of design, and of story, the whole thing is very much from the perspective of respect the canon, but don’t be a slave to the movies.”

Snyder was coy about additional casting announcements, which are likely to come soon, since Man of Steel is slated to debut in December of 2012, saying only: “There’s more to come and I think it’s consistent in its awesomeness.” Several rumors have connected Kevin Costner to the production, but there has been no confirmation. So far the only casting announcements have been Henry Cavill as Superman (see “Henry Cavill is Superman”) and Diane Lane as Martha Kent (see “Diane Lane Will Be Supes’ Mom”).

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19651.html

It’s now official, Kevin Costner, who built a shrine to baseball in a Midwestern corn field in Field of Dreams, will play another rock-ribbed Midwestern hero, Jonathan Kent in Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel, which is due to debut in theaters on in December of 2012.

Snyder told Entertainment Weekly, “Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman. Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time.”

I wonder who will be playing lex luthor in this one. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Superman, Batman and Spiderman are all British actors ;p

tbh the comics have been rebooted like 120893 times, hence the multi verse scenario ;p

Superman-Earth-One.jpg

I just hope it is action packed, with Superman kicking serious ass

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''