DeathscytheX

Favorite Anime Intros/Outros

So far Cop Craft is this seasons sleeper for me. The fun early 2000's style opening doesn't really match the dark tone its set so far in the first 3 eps. Its like a 90s buddy cop show with some elements from BRIGHT. (Geez, you know you're getting old when early 2000's is classic stuff now) Overall I'm hooked one quite a few shows this season. A little too heavy on Isekai, but plenty of action/drama this go around with a few fanservicey comedies.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Wasn't a particularly memoriable anime, but the opening was really good.

This is probably one of the most under the radar series going right now. I dunno how a show about playing a Koto can be so damn good, but it really is. The character development is what makes this show what it is along with the music. The opening melody is so beautiful too. Season 2's OP is pretty good, but this one is just magical.

You'd be surprised. Hell Shion no Ou is an anime about shogi and its fucking amazing (though it does have other plot elements going on). Aria is a show about cute girls with gondolas and it's amazing. It's funny how the Japanese can take something that seems mediocre and turn in into the best damn thing you've never done.

Might as well leave one myself. Probably my favorite OP out the this season's new offerings (I don't count Fire Force's new one (though it is a banger, still like the first OP better)). Hell for a bonus here's the ED as well (my favorite of this season).

I don't know what it is about this show but I love everything that's going on in it from the story, characters, and the music. I definitely wasn't thinking this show would become a favorite of mine when I heard of it and I'm glad to say it has become my favorite of the season.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Probably because it has that late 90s early 00's feel. Its drawn me in like Cop Craft did. Its a nice mix of dark and gritty with a splash of humor in the right spots. I'm enjoying it so far and I'm liking these crime/cop style shows that feel a little old school.

Yeah I've noticed, I didn't watch MIX last season because I really just don't dig baseball at all, but I also had no interest in Badminton but I watched Hanebado! a few season ago and thought it was just outstanding. Which oddly enough is in this post on page 1.

I guess I better add an Old but Gold. I really should go back and watch this.

This one is too damn catchy not to like. Probably my fave OP of the season, plus the series is growing on me as silly as it is.

The villain this arc is so f*in creepy. This is probably the best OP they've done. This series has come a long way from a pretty rough start IMO. Way more consistent animation quality and the arcs get better and better as it progresses. Its not MHA, but I still enjoy it.

Whoever is in charge of making the OPs for Fruits Basket from the animation to picking the music has consistently killed it. I'd say S1OP2 is my least favorite, probably because the first OP is my favorite and set the bar so high... this one comes close if not ties it. Simply breathtaking.

Gonna be a redundant post sorta... but with my anime watching getting more active now that dubs are more fequent even if they're a few weeks behind. Here are my top openings of the past few years.... maybe more distant since its a blur since COVID started.

Cop Craft - Man this show was so much fun. Just a good ole buddy cop anime... kinda like Bright on Netflix.... but better? Def worth a watch.

Fruits Basket - So many fucking feels man... so many good openings and outros. At the end of the day I gotta stick with the one that started it all... such a beautiful melody. Violet Evergarden will always be a king of animation quality.. but man FB is really good in that department too.

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - The only pop idol anime I really got into because of its interesting premise. I love this OP so much.

Fairy Tail has so many banger openings... say what you want about the series and its power of friendship. XD Its not perfect... but man I love all the characters and most of the arcs. It is what it is... but this OP toppled the Grand Magic Games one, which I never thought would happen. It's so fucking good.

And the winner of it all is Attack of Titan's final season... There aren't many OPs that can encompass the theme of what is currently going on in a series... its fucking eerie, its dark, its uncomfortable... plus the imagery used fits so well as per usual with AoT openings. And without really spoiling anything at that.

Fruits Basket openings have all been winners as have the endings. Whoever has been choosing the songs needs a raise because they're doing a damn good job.

Hmmm, it'd be hard to me to even pick between all the good openings over the last couple years (and even from this past winter season, there a few damn good ones) but I'll see your five with five of my own

I'm starting out with the best of my five and that goes to Sincerely from Violet Evergarden (you name dropped it so I'm here to drop the opening). From the minute I heard it I fell in love with the song and I can't hear it without tears streaming out of my eyes (yes I'm an emotional wreck when it comes to VE).

Next on the list goes to Chaos Drifters from No Guns No Life Season 2, While I love Motor City from Season 1 I'm obsessed with this song and it's actually one of my most played songs on Spotify (god damn banger it is).

Third on this list goes to Rise from Shield Hero, fucking banger of an opening (as is Faith, the second opening but I personally prefer Rise). Surprisingly enough this opening is what actually sold me on watching the show since it does a pretty good job of encapsulating what the show is about (and lets face it, Naofumi is probably one of the most relatable protagonists in any isekai show to date).

We all knew this was going to happen since I absolutely adore the show and three of its four openings, it's Mayday from Fire Force. As DX can attest this show is freaking awesome and I feel Mayday does the best job of encapsulating that no only in the animation but the song as well. I adore Inferno (opening 1) and Spark-Again (opening 3) but Mayday is just fucking amazing.

And last but certainly not least my fifth pick. This song was literally an obsession of mine from the moment I heard it (and we discussed this much earlier in this topic I believe) and that would be Shadowgraph from Boogiepop Phantom. MYTH & ROID have quite a few amazing songs (Jingo Jungle from Saga of Tanya the Evil, Voracity, Hydra and L.L.L. from Overlord) Shadowgraph has resonated with me and completely sucked me in. The ending from Boogiepop Phantom (Whiteout) is also amazing but I'm sticking to openings here.

While not part of the top five thing I also wanted to post one of my favorites from the 2021 winter season. While not my absolute favorite (that belongs to The Promised Neverland's S2 opening (even if S2 is a dumpster fire but I won't get into that here)) it's from one of my favorite Japanese Rock bands (in fact this is there first ever anime opening) and I feel they don't get anywhere near the attention they absolutely deserve. Different by Band-Maid, these girls absolutely kill everything they do and this is no exception and I'm so glad they were chosen to do this for Season 3 of Log Horizon.

A thousand times yes, I fucking adore this seasons OP (especially with the story related relevance of it). It's also the only opening besides Dynazenon's that I didn't skip once this entire season. I'm really sad this is the end though, we won't get anymore of these wonderfully crafted openings anymore after Mon (I'm really disappointed this was only a 13 episode season but they've done a really good job of wrapping everything up (with a few exceptions) so I can't be too disappointed).

I never thought they'd top the S1 theme... but this one goes as fucking hard as the season did. Bravo. Top 10 themes of all time for me.

Even though I was hoping they'd keep Binary Star as the theme every season, I cannot deny the beauty of S3's new opener. Definitely one of the best political drama series out there. I heard the OG was really good... but I'm too invested in the modern remake to go back.